IGNORED

Carlisle Fans

Luke_Ciderhead

Haha made me smile just reading them :) They seem such a nice bunch....

Amid all the swearing etc, this one point stands out: "When they had played 2 days earlier it should have been us who were strong towards the end."

Absolutely right. We once again reaped the benefits of GJ's determination to make this team the fittest in the division. It is to his and the players' credit that they could finish looking the stronger team after 3 games in 6 days, against a side that had been given plenty of time to rest.

Oh and one more thing. Credit to the Carlisle fans for the size of their away following. I was astonished at how many of them made the effort to travel so far midweek, particularly in appalling weather conditions.

Oh and one more thing. Credit to the Carlisle fans for the size of their away following. I was astonished at how many of them made the effort to travel so far midweek, particularly in appalling weather conditions.

From discussions with a Swindon based Carlise fan they have a large amount of support down South and I suspect a reasonable number came from the South West or London with only a coachload or two originating from Carlisle.

Most credit in recent times is due to those Hartlepool fans attending the second leg of the play-off finals only to make the long journey home gutted. Of course things then got much worse for them........

To be fair I met a few Carlilse fans in the pub last night who were really friendly. One of them text me after the game saying do we play the long ball rubbish all the time? and then said he was suprised we were 4th if we played like that all the time. To which I replied that we had played 3 matches in 6 days were tired and were resorting to long balls when Brooker came on the pitch. Not an excuse but our performance was below par and we were lucky to get a win.

To be fair I met a few Carlilse fans in the pub last night who were really friendly. One of them text me after the game saying do we play the long ball rubbish all the time? and then said he was suprised we were 4th if we played like that all the time. To which I replied that we had played 3 matches in 6 days were tired and were resorting to long balls when Brooker came on the pitch. Not an excuse but our performance was below par and we were lucky to get a win.

Could have replied...'Not usually, only when we play crap like you!'

Archived