IGNORED

Will Marcus Forever Be City Til I Die ?

cheshire_red

Naaaah surreyred, subject has to be dropped but you imagine Yeovil going further than us this season.....taxi for???????????

I'll answer your hypothetical scenario for you now Arny - Yeovil are not going further than us this season - and feel free to bump this post if I am wrong (not that you would of course)!! At the end of the day Stewart has scored 5 goals in 13 games for Yeovil and had a worse record for us last season - a lower ratio than Jevons and nowhere near the goals per game return of our new net busting machine Enoch!! It doesn't matter what the mitigating circumstances were, it was just not to be. Things just didn't work out for both parties (much as we and Stewart himself would have liked it to) and I am afraid to say it is good riddance from me and supporters can now (hopefully) move on and actually get behind the CURRENT players.

Naaaah surreyred, subject has to be dropped but you imagine Yeovil going further than us this season.....taxi for???????????

does that mean you will also drop it? as one of his biggest fans? the amount of pro-stewart threads from yourself speak for themself, it you expect others to drop the subject, you need to be willing to do the same

So many times a player that has done well at a club whilst on loan, fails to rise to the same level of performance once a transfer is finalised. Our recent, all too painful experience with Tony Dinning is just one example.

It will be interesting to see, over the remainder of the season, whether Stewart continues to blaze a goal trail at Yeovil.

So many times a player that has done well at a club whilst on loan, fails to rise to the same level of performance once a transfer is finalised. Our recent, all too painful experience with Tony Dinning is just one example.

It will be interesting to see, over the remainder of the season, whether Stewart continues to blaze a goal trail at Yeovil.

If 5 in 13 is blazing a goal trail Yeovil fans better hope he doesn't hit a barren patch!!

If 5 in 13 is blazing a goal trail Yeovil fans better hope he doesn't hit a barren patch!!

I know he's a striker and their job IS to score goals,but i've seen him play all his loan games,and for me he brings a lot more to the game than just scoring.His work off the ball is very good,his encouragement to others is also good,and draws markers away from other forwards.I know most (or a lot)of you will 'love it,really love it',if he does'nt score a hatfull for us,but i think you make more of the goal scoring than anything else,whereas he also brings a lot more to the club.

I must admit that had he not signed,i did'nt think it was going to be the end of the world for YT,but now it's just a bonus that he has!......God these forums will be boring now,unless the unthinkable happens with the help from MS!! :farmer::farmer:

I know he's a striker and their job IS to score goals,but i've seen him play all his loan games,and for me he brings a lot more to the game than just scoring.His work off the ball is very good,his encouragement to others is also good,and draws markers away from other forwards.I know most (or a lot)of you will 'love it,really love it',if he does'nt score a hatfull for us,but i think you make more of the goal scoring than anything else,whereas he also brings a lot more to the club.

I must admit that had he not signed,i did'nt think it was going to be the end of the world for YT,but now it's just a bonus that he has!......God these forums will be boring now,unless the unthinkable happens with the help from MS!! :farmer::farmer:

I'm not bothered one way or the other what he does for you (no disrespect intended). I'm just glad that the whole episode is closed. Things didn't work out for him here and they may well do for you. I haven't got a problem with that. I am just glad that we can spend a reasonable chunk of Stewart's wages on a wide player and possibly a forward with pace which I think can make us into an automatic promotion outfit with a bit of luck. I just didn't see Marcus Stewart making the difference for us. The original point I was making is that 5 in 13 is not prolific in the same way that it is not awful. It is about par for a third division striker.

Archived