IGNORED

Luke Wilkshire's Corners

Dan Of The Dolman

Don't know if anyone has commented on this but Luke Wilkshire's corners recently have been rather hit and miss with them being to low and the first defender on the edge of the box. I know this hasn't been all season as he put in the corner for Leepy's second goal Vs Notts County and if I remember rightly his corner played a part in Colesy's goal Vs Chesterfield, but Tinnion's corner Saturday was teasing and was just asking for a head or something on it, just a observation not trying to say Tinnion should take ALL the corners but Luke hasn't been as accurate with his corners than earlier in the season

Guest Tins4Gaffer

Tinnion stood over EVERY set-piece for Newcastle and Bradford donning the no.3 shirt and showing off his superior left peg.. why have guy's like Scott, Barnard, Bell, and now Wilkshire been taking more set-pieces than Tinns? Tinman beat off the likes of Gazza in the past to take set-pieces.. Tinman is the most reliable IMO..

City's corners are a waste of time. I notice there are no front post attackers any more. why not? Its a devastating position to have someone.

Also I think someone ought to work on the players providing a cross that goes beyond the first defender, I lost count of the wasted crosses that went to the first defender on saturday.

Guest spanish fly

Luke Wilkshire cannot take corners, but then he can't head a ball, beat players, beat anyone for pace, can't shoot etc etc - so why did we waste about £250,000 on him?

Wilkshire nor Tinnion are brilliant with their free kicks, I know we might get the odd goal from them but does anyone remember Wiagn at Home last season. We must have had about 5 or 6 free kicks with in shooting distance of the box and the only one on target was Docherty which was fairly easily saved. Wigan have one and it goes in. We waste these chances. We nned someone that can hit a free kick with a bit of power as Tinnions seemed to be slowing down now. I wouldn't mind seeing woodman have one

Guest Tins4Gaffer

Tinman scored his fair share of goals from free kicks for Bradford, and I remember a few for us in the past to.. he's certainly capable. Tinman's the man!

We have never been good a set plays. We havent score regularly from corners since the promotion season. Look at Leicester and Wigan and i bet you that 1/2 of there goals last season came from, set plays. This was because there managers drilled in there importance and when it came round to a free kick or corner the players had a training ground drill lined up i.e. organisation. While city seem to just fire the ball into the box in hope. This is the why we don't score goals. We are disorgnaised and unprofessional when it comes to any attacking set piece

When he DOES deliever them, yes he is.

Notts County is obviously a distant memory, or Chesterfield?

I never went to the Notts game (On holiday!), but as for the chesterfield game, how many poor corners were there?

I'd rather have tinman take the corners he sends in 9 out of 10 good corners, whereas wilkshire sends in 1 out of 10 good corners.

1st joe burnell then danny wilson then who else and now we are shoutin about wilkshire some of u just moan because you have nothing better to talk about then critsis PROFESSIONAL o sorry i forgot all you are signed up with manchester united woops

at least they are puttin the heart and soul into bristol city to try and do our club some credit so what have a few bad games IF YOU THINK YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THEM WHY ARNT YOU ON THE PITCH THEN o yeah i forget u crittisis more than you enjoy our beautiful game

GIVE THEM SUPPORT dead enough as it is at the gate dont need more people slagging off the players :Cheeky22:

Luke Wilkshires corners are like the rest of his game - awful, when did you last see him beat the first man with any type of cross or corner. Get him on the training ground and practice now Frank Barlow!!

You Idiot - I dont think I could do better!

Are we not allowed to criticise?

Can we not say when we think a player cant take free kicks?

Are we supposed to come on here and praise everyone?

Archived