IGNORED

Stewart Comments.......fairly Reserved.....suprisingly

bh red

Stewarts comments today re: City

In leaving the club last month Marcus was due back at Bristol City for training with his old teammates for at least a month:

"Yes I did go back." He said. "I just trained one day with them, but when it looked as if things were happening here I spoke to the Chairman, and he said that if I wanted to train I could, but if I didn't, I didn't have to.

"I didn't feel comfortable to be fair, knowing that I would end up here eventually. "It didn't feel right, so I have just kept fit on my own.

Some would say that he was putting his personal feelings before being his Professionalism......

In leaving the club last month Marcus was due back at Bristol City for training with his old teammates for at least a month:

"Yes I did go back." He said. "I just trained one day with them, but when it looked as if things were happening here I spoke to the Chairman, and he said that if I wanted to train I could, but if I didn't, I didn't have to.

"I didn't feel comfortable to be fair, knowing that I would end up here eventually. "It didn't feel right, so I have just kept fit on my own.

Some would say that he was putting his personal feelings before being his Professionalism......

And some would say the his exit deal included a silence clause :ph34r:

So what should he have said? "had a great time at the gate, sorry to be leaving" " got on well with GJ, going to miss his man management" " Wish i had the chance to score more goals"

He has gone now so let sleeping dogs lie. He will always hold a grudge!

I wish it wasn't the Chairman deciding if he should train or not. Anyway he's gone now so it doesn't matter. Onwards and upwards!

how can he train properly with them if he doesn't feel comfortable? Its a waste of time.

how about........because it is his job? and that's what he is paid to do, in fairness though, if any our bosses had said we could take time off if we wanted, I'm sure we would all be home like a shot!

So what should he have said? "had a great time at the gate, sorry to be leaving" " got on well with GJ, going to miss his man management" " Wish i had the chance to score more goals"

He has gone now so let sleeping dogs lie. He will always hold a grudge!

He did have a chance to score goals and did'nt, End of.

The manager is far more important to the developement of BCFC, Than an ex premiership egotist.

Agreed Brianred - as many of us have been saying for some time !

Not yet TOTALLY convinced about GJ but we will all know the score at season end.

My personal belief is that this squad is guaranteed play offs but no chance of auto promotion.

Hope I am proved wrong but I doubt it !

I think GJ will get us there, but my worry is keeping us there. He would have to bring in experienced players but could he handle them? Hope he proves me wrong but i think not!

Agreed Brianred - as many of us have been saying for some time !

Not yet TOTALLY convinced about GJ but we will all know the score at season end.

My personal belief is that this squad is guaranteed play offs but no chance of auto promotion.

Hope I am proved wrong but I doubt it !

As mentioned on another thread, it will be interesting to see the crowd reaction when Marcus returns to the Gate with Yeovil.

Archived