IGNORED

We Were Better Last Season....

Tim S

I've just been watching on BCFC World some games from last season, just trying to give me a bit of a confidence boost for tonight!!! Anyway, one thing that really stood out in our play from last season, and what I have hardly seen anything of this season is the speed of our attacks.

One minute, we would be defending a corner, and 30 seconds later we have scored. It was a pretty simple routine which I now know how much we took for granted!

A clearence from Butler or Coles out to Murray, who would charge down the right, then get the ball into the middle for Roberts to score - or miss, but at least we were getting those chances!

I lost count of the number of these attacks I saw us do... and its something I cant remember seeing once this season!!

I dont care what anyone says about not needing Scott Murray, WE MISS HIM...WE NEED HIM..and I think that with him in our side we would be top right now and coasting it!

BUT...he has gone, and we have to make do with what we have got.

But if we were playing the same side, in the same way as last season...I have no doubt that we would be THE number 1 side in this division.

Anyway - the whole point of my post is to say how much we are missing the pace from our side... So Danny, lets see Goodfellow or Robers on the right, Aaron back to his best on the left...Leroy terrorising defences up front and we will be back to out complete and fast attacking best - thats what we are missing. COME ON YOU REDS!

Guest SuttonRed

Undoubtedly we were a better attacking oufit last year, but this season we defend better, particularly in open play.

I can't think of any period this season where we've looked great but problems with pace are apparent.

Your suggestions are good though sadly I can't see them materialising!

Archived