IGNORED

Bristol Boy V Nibor V Robbored

Rednready

To help with our Forum awards voting, I would like to put three leading contenders to the test.

With only our current squad, including Artus, Wilson and other first year pros. Not including Stewart and Partridge.

We are in the play off final against Swansea.

Who would you select for that play off position, including the bench players, and why ?

Other forum members feel free to comment. Come on, it will kill a couple of days until the weekend, and help with the voting process.

To help with our Forum awards voting, I would like to put three leading contenders to the test.

With only our current squad, including Artus, Wilson and other first year pros. Not including Stewart and Partridge.

We are in the play off final against Swansea.

Who would you select for that play off position, including the bench players, and why ?

Other forum members feel free to comment. Come on, it will kill a couple of days until the weekend, and help with the voting process.

Nibor should walk it.

Very interesting and clever poster to be honest!!!!!!

Without giving too much away, I must admit this years awards are very very close - each vote really will count.

Bristol Boy, Nibor, Robbored are all names I have read over the past week or so - not fogetting posters names that have cropped up more than once - such as Cider head, Madger, RedTop and NickJ to name just four...

GET VOTING!

Without giving too much away, I must admit this years awards are very very close - each vote really will count.

Bristol Boy, Nibor, Robbored are all names I have read over the past week or so - not fogetting posters names that have cropped up more than once - such as Cider head, Madger, RedTop and NickJ to name just four...

GET VOTING!

Personally, think Ciderhead has marveled on his points/threads/feelings on the East End.

Nibor, an inquisitive and seriously good poster, and Nick J, very correct in all he says and first to put posters right on facts posted wrongly.

Furlong to go, but all three very good. As they say, "down to the wire"

Good luck lads.............

What...we're not banned from talking about all this?

My favorate posters are naturally those that share my opinions on certain issues, they're not necessarilly ''the best'' posters though.

Out of those 3, one in particular seems to be very slap bang, spot on, politically down the middle, no nonsense. So out of those 3, he'd be getting my vote. As for another one of them, I don't even know how he's a leading runner. Where's RedTop?

I like NickJ, the voicebox of The People.

I could ramble on, and on...and on, but who really cares?

My favorate posters are naturally those that share my opinions on certain issues, they're not necessarilly ''the best'' posters though.

Out of those 3, one in particular seems to be very slap bang, spot on, politically down the middle, no nonsense. So out of those 3, he'd be getting my vote. As for another one of them, I don't even know how he's a leading runner. Where's RedTop?

I really like you. :wub:

Anyone else share my crush?

Cant understand why you aint been nominated for top three spot?

Love the replys, especially after a belly of thorn! :rolleyes:

Very funny, and to the point person Mr WTFiGO

I did something similar a few weeks ago based on a game on which ones life depended.............still, if you're GJ, I suppose it's the same thing. :D

If it's a one off game, at a neutral venue and assuming everyones's fit

.............BASSO......

ORR..CAREY.............MCCOMBE............MCALLISTER.....

MURRAY..........SKUSE............NOBLE....BROWN.............

.........BROOKER.......SHOWUMNI.........

SUBS

WEALE

JEVONS

FONTAINE

RUSSELL

MYRIE-WILLIAMS

Left Out

Woodman,Keogh, Partridge, Johnson

Frankly, I can't see how anyone could select Weale over Basso as we haven't seen him play........or most of us haven't for ninety minutes.In what I've seen on TV, he's no better than Basso who's been splendid after a shaky start to the season.

Right back was a toss up between Keogh & Orr and, as I've said, I wouldn't be to worried about which one played.Positionaly and for pace, I'd go for Orr, but it's a very close call.

The centre backs pick themselves, season to date and why change a winning defence, so McAllister goes in at left back.

As we're playing Swansea-Carey marks Trundle & McCombe Fallon.

Murray gives Robinson some defending to do on Swanseas left flank and McAllister can deal with Brittan.

Murray has looked sharper of late and is our only genuine wide player.He has a happy knack of scoring goals and, on the basis we never score from central midfield, irrespective of who plays,I'd pick two players who can both win and retain possession.....backed up by another on the bench.

I'd also go with Scott Brown on the left.Not left sided, but scores goals, can shoot, pass, defend,tackle and never gives up.

If we're chasing the game, then Showumni goes wide left and Jevons come on.The problem with starting with that line up at a neutral venue, is that you could be 2-0 down in twenty minutes as ES isn't a great defender in common with Jevons & JMW in that role.With an orthodox winger on the right, you need some defensive balance and can't just go gung-ho from minute one.

That's from what we have and if you look at the squad especially if Scott Browns out for any length of time, then it stands out a mile that we are desparateley short of wide players.

With the subs and the starting XI, we have the advantage of having many players who can play in a number of positions:

Fontaine:CB & LB

JMW:Striker & LW

Skuse:RM, CM, CH, RB

Orr:RB & CM...and at a push, RM

McAllister:LB, LM,CM & CB

You would hope the subs could, if needed, change the game and Jevons & JMW both fall into that category.A bit of magic with a free kick, some electric pace......and the ability to take penalties which, in this type of game could be vital.

Five Penalty Takers

JEVONS

RUSSELL

SHOWUMNI

MCALLISTER

SKUSE

All taken them for the first team.All never missed one for City, even if it took a retake :pray:

It's been the case for a while that we can almost pick two teams of equal strength from our squad and that's another reason we need to see players brought in, in early Jan

Frankly, I can't see how anyone could select Weale over Basso as we haven't seen him play........or most of us haven't for ninety minutes.

BB, don't want to start a fight, but last season you advocated starting with Basso when you hadnt seen him play.....

(think it was Basso, it may have been Madjo. Definitely one of them, or both). Before you say it, bit sad I can remember really, it just stuck out as being odd at the time.

I really like you. :wub:

Anyone else share my crush?

Ooh, I have a lovely warm mushy feeling now, cheers darlings.

With threads like this, is it any wonder that some posters think their $hit doesn't smell?

I think you'd win the most pr !ckally and generally objectional award there Neo.

I use the scent of my arse to mark my territory, as I think laws of nature dictate for most blokes. Do you not ever make a tent form out of your duvet at night? Most pleasurable that is.

Nibor should walk it.

Very interesting and clever poster to be honest!!!!!!

Evening Arny, I waited all day to see which of the three nominations would post first. I thought it would be BB, as Robbo and Nibor are more like counter punchers.

There are plenty of other worthy posters, many have already added to this topic.

I will make a point on selections. Play offs in May, will Russell and Murray have new contracts. Unlikely, so they may not figure in the process, although they would do their best.

I would leave them out, add Artus and Williams to the bench, and start with Brown and Showumni on the flanks, Skuse and Noble midfield, with Keogh, Carey, CcCombe, McAllister and Basso at the back.

If you vote, vote early and often

BB, don't want to start a fight, but last season you advocated starting with Basso when you hadnt seen him play.....

(think it was Basso, it may have been Madjo. Definitely one of them, or both). Before you say it, bit sad I can remember really, it just stuck out as being odd at the time.

In 1966 I was in favour of Jimmy Greaves playing in Sir Alfs starting line up, but when I saw the Hunt/Hurst partnership, after old Greavsie was injured, I changed my mind, Nick!

On the basis that SP was having some nightmares, leading to his being dropped, banished to the nether regions of Hell, or Failand as it's sometimes known....... I may well have suggested that AB started as he was a:Our only other keeper and b:I'd had some rave reviews from one or two people at AG.

The difference now is that Basso would be in line for player of the season, based on his recent form, albeit after a shaky start behind a defence that would have made Peter Shilton sh1t himself!!

I also suggested Bradley Orr was a defender and should play right back about a season before he did, something that BO himself didn't think should happen and that McCombe should come into our defence this season to replace Fontaine.I don't think they were bad shouts.Oh and then I suggested we should not play Noble & Johnson in central midfield......Not a bad shout either, IMHO.

I'm sure with 20/20 hindsight, we'd all say and do things differently

I will make a point on selections. Play offs in May, will Russell and Murray have new contracts. Unlikely, so they may not figure in the process, although they would do their best.

They won't get new contracts, particularly if we're promoted.Two reasons, age & money.They will however, give of their best for some fairly obvious and simple reasons.They will be in the shop window for potential managers.They are good pros and won't want to let their team mates down.Of course if we're really looking into the crystal ball, we should also include potential signings in January and the possibility that they won't be here in May.

I would leave them out, add Artus and Williams to the bench, and start with Brown and Showumni on the flanks, Skuse and Noble midfield, with Keogh, Carey, CcCombe, McAllister and Basso at the back.

I don't think that a play off game would be for kids and penalties are a major issue.Russell & Murray have both taken them for City, both scoring and scoring after retakes which takes some cohones!!

Evening Arny, I waited all day to see which of the three nominations would post first. I thought it would be BB, as Robbo and Nibor are more like counter punchers.

There are plenty of other worthy posters, many have already added to this topic.

Very good RR.....AGREE with your selections through and through

In 1966 I was in favour of Jimmy Greaves playing in Sir Alfs starting line up, but when I saw the Hunt/Hurst partnership, after old Greavsie was injured, I changed my mind, Nick!

On the basis that SP was having some nightmares, leading to his being dropped, banished to the nether regions of Hell, or Failand as it's sometimes known....... I may well have suggested that AB started as he was a:Our only other keeper and b:I'd had some rave reviews from one or two people at AG.

The difference now is that Basso would be in line for player of the season, based on his recent form, albeit after a shaky start behind a defence that would have made Peter Shilton sh1t himself!!

I also suggested Bradley Orr was a defender and should play right back about a season before he did, something that BO himself didn't think should happen and that McCombe should come into our defence this season to replace Fontaine.I don't think they were bad shouts.Oh and then I suggested we should not play Noble & Johnson in central midfield......Not a bad shout either, IMHO.

I'm sure with 20/20 hindsight, we'd all say and do things differently

Come on BB. you know my point is a valid one, and I have got you, hook, line and ...

Anyway, talking of 1966, and just to completely change topic, I today acquired a framed 1996 replica England World Cup shirt, with original signatures of 9 of the 11 players. The absentees being Bobby Moore (with whom in Madrid in 1982 I enjoyed a very enjoyable couple of afternoon drinking sessions with his wife Tina and my mate), for obvious reasons, and Bobby Charlton (who I also met on same trip rat-assed in a hotel with his brother and Lawrie McMenemy), probably because he's a bit of an arse.

Don't know why, but I thought that titbit of information might be interesting.

I recall I once advocated using Donnie Gillies as a utility player.

Right BB, I did say they would do their best. Williams is on the bench, for the same reason Lita should have been. Artus and Williams will be six months older, stronger and more experienced. In any event, I cant see GJ selecting a team to draw, he will be out to win well inside the 90 minutes. Nothing to stop him having Russell or Murray on the bench though. At 3-0 up with 10 minutes to go, he sends them on to finish as winners. We all live happily ever after.

Come on BB. you know my point is a valid one, and I have got you, hook, line and ...

Never-valid point-valid explanation

Anyway, talking of 1966, and just to completely change topic, I today acquired a framed 1996 replica England World Cup shirt, with original signatures of 9 of the 11 players. The absentees being Bobby Moore (with whom in Madrid in 1982 I enjoyed a very enjoyable couple of afternoon drinking sessions with his wife Tina and my mate), for obvious reasons, and Bobby Charlton (who I also met on same trip rat-assed in a hotel with his brother and Lawrie McMenemy), probably because he's a bit of an arse.

Name dropper :cool:

Don't know why, but I thought that titbit of information might be interesting.

No, I don't know why either :huh:Actually I never mind a trip down memory lane

I recall I once advocated using Donnie Gillies as a utility player.

I once advocated the use of Paul Fitzpatrick as a pipe cleaner & Forbes Phillipson Masters as a trolley jack, so you can't win 'em all

Right BB, I did say they would do their best. Williams is on the bench, for the same reason Lita should have been.

Don't tell me mate, tell DW :D

Artus and Williams will be six months older, stronger and more experienced.

Older but I can't see them getting enough games, Artus in particular.

In any event, I cant see GJ selecting a team to draw, he will be out to win well inside the 90 minutes. Nothing to stop him having Russell or Murray on the bench though. At 3-0 up with 10 minutes to go, he sends them on to finish as winners. We all live happily ever after.

Or he'll pick Skuse on the right-Woodman on the left-Like in a one off game at York recently and we'll see City fans beating the crap out of......er, each other, after the game-Dream or Nightmare scenario? I like yours much better.

With threads like this, is it any wonder that some posters think their $hit doesn't smell?

Roll on the end of the awards so we can see the sadness personified in the "winners" signatures :rolleyes:

At the risk of becoming the 2nd most unpopular (^^^) man with the forum's backbone;

Amen.

Maybe he has had a few nominations Arn, who knows who will win - however I must say its very close between about 7 or 8 posters on here...

Roll on the end of the awards so we can see the sadness personified in the "winners" signatures :rolleyes:

Aaaah come on Neo - you know you loved picking up the award for your pink hippo!

The team threads seem to pop up on a regular basis,this one is just fish bait, trying to trap some big fish. Nice try. Things of greater concern are these.

What colour dress is Neo wearing today, BB and his constant referance to being old, how old is he, 40, 50, 60, anyone know ? Is Sarah B a gas wind up merchant ? Does SL have cash in his pillow.

These things keep me awake, the more I think about it, Sarah B cannot be for real, I smell fish.

Archived