IGNORED

Very Interesting

Barrs Court Red

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1243932,00.html

Does this mean coach only matches will be a thing of the past? I'm sure the police will no longer be able to insist on coach only as I believe it is the same legislation that brought this case to appeal in the first place.

Happy days

Free Movement 1 Gestapo 0

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1243932,00.html

Does this mean coach only matches will be a thing of the past? I'm sure the police will no longer be able to insist on coach only as I believe it is the same legislation that brought this case to appeal in the first place.

Happy days

Free Movement 1 Gestapo 0

I'm sure they'll be some clause that allows special circumstances to be exempt. Or the police'll just make something up.

I think the problem is that the clubs are both complicit - they're not obliged to let people in if they don't want to.

If the clubs wanted to object to the police's stance I guess the law in that article would offer them some support but it wouldn't stop the police from then insisting they have 8 million coppers at the game at an exorbitant price.

I think the problem is that the clubs are both complicit - they're not obliged to let people in if they don't want to.

If the clubs wanted to object to the police's stance I guess the law in that article would offer them some support but it wouldn't stop the police from then insisting they have 8 million coppers at the game at an exorbitant price.

I agree , football clubs are complicit and yes I believe there is a certain overkill by the Police.

As I understand it, the police need to have a set number of officers on duty for each cat of games. Restricting the travel does not alter this, however this is only a presumption on what I have been told in the past.

The Police bill clubs for officers in the stadium complex only, not for officers in the streets. As a result it is in their interest to move fans to a specific point, and perhaps allows them to base more officers at the actual stadium, although this is just a cynical viewpoint.

Archived