IGNORED

Matt Hill - First On The Teamsheet

Maesknoll Red

• Admin

He would be if I was picking the team!!

Tonight proved what we've missed for the last three games, Hill just keeps getting better and better as a defender, his forward movement and distribution is another area of his game that is coming on in leaps and bounds.

He might as well be given the armband, tonight he was regularly taking instruction from the bench and then organising and cajoling, no disrespect to Doherty, but he seems to do very little that justifies his continuing as Captain. ( Before someone gets the wrong idea, I mean Captainly duties, not playing duties.)

Edit: I forgot to mention, I was happy with Roberts contribution, but lets not forget that the guy is a striker, playing out of position and if that is to continue he must be given a decent run of games before a true assessment can be made.

I would agree with that, i think Hill is our key, he is the organiser in the defence, even when at LB it seems he does all the organising, the defence looks so much better as a unit with Hill playing.

I agree about robbo as well, he needs a run of game to really get to grips with the Rw role, but i think he could be great in that position with the right coaching, look at Murray, or god :dunno: he was a worse right winger when he joined City than Robbo is now, after a few years we had one hell of a winger on our hands, but it took TIME, which appears to be something many fans are not prepaired to give to robbo. If we are serious about having Robbo as a right winger, though we do need an expirenced right winger to teach him and help him on his way. Robbo is not a natural finisher, but neither was Murray as shown by the many, many season he spent getting 10 or less for us, but with coaching and time i think Robbo can equal the flying scotsman.

Archived