IGNORED

Time To Rest Leepee

fct

I think that its time to give LeePee a rest. The poor guy can't score in a brothel at present and its letting the team down. Harsh maybe but true, you only have to look at the goals for to recognise that. I would say City ought to start with Miller and Lita up front with LeePee on the bench. We can't do any worse than of recent up front can we?

I know LeePee holds the ball up well and is a good target man but that's about the limit of his usefulness. When you have someone up front you expect at least an average return as far as goals scored is concerned but currently he's as dry as the Sahara.

With Aaron out for some time it looks like Freezer will have a run on the left (alternatively Mickey Bell on the left, Freezer on the right and Roberts to partner Miller up front).

Tinners and Tommy must be kept in the centre with Luke as a sub for either.

As a matter of interest, here's a breakdown of City's results in the league this season:

1-0s.... won 6 lost 3

2-1s.... won 6 lost 1

2-0s.... won 2 lost 1

3-0s.... won 0 lost 1

3-1s.... won 1 lost 0

4-0s.... won 1 lost 0

4-1s.... won 1 lost 0

5-0s.... won 1 lost 0

0-0s.... 2

1-1s.... 9

Clearly City's normal goals for in a game is no more than 2 and more frequently less than that. Of their 36 games they have only scored more than 1 in 12 of them, exactly one third.

Why do city fans always require someone to slag off. We won last night we are 2nd in the league, div 1 is in sight if we all give everyone in the squad full support. I thought peacock gave 100% last night and Aaron injured himself chasing a lost cause. Credit is what is required not critisism

Slagging off is the right of fans who are not entirely happy with things. Take last night for example. Dominating the match with 24 shots to 2, the poor finishing could feasably have cost us 2 points if Rushden had scored and not his the post. That is the whole point of my thread, aa_bcfc.

Against Wycombe it was a similar story and City failed to win. How many more times can we rely on our defence to keep a clean scoresheet and blag 1 at the other end for another 1-0 win? Surely the team's efforts in the match and through out the season demand a better return up front?

I am NOT happy with the current lack of ability to score and will continue to say so until they find their scoring boots and turn the domination into goals. I do not want to see more frustration at not being able to put away ordinary teams in this poxy division when clearly City are much better, only to see a poor series of finishes from strikers who are there TO SCORE GOALS.

Slagging off is the right of fans who are not entirely happy with things.  Take last night for example.  Dominating the match with 24 shots to 2, the poor finishing could feasably have cost us 2 points if Rushden had scored and not his the post.  That is the whole point of my thread, aa_bcfc.

Against Wycombe it was a similar story and City failed to win.  How many more times can we rely on our defence to keep a clean scoresheet and blag 1 at the other end for another 1-0 win?  Surely the team's efforts in the match and through out the season demand a better return up front?

I am NOT happy with the current lack of ability to score and will continue to say so until they find their scoring boots and turn the domination into goals.  I do not want to see more frustration at not being able to put away ordinary teams in this poxy division when clearly City are much better, only to see a poor series of finishes from strikers who are there TO SCORE GOALS.

I agree - and said so in my post.

I fear trying to blag a 1-0 win against the likes of QPR and Plymouth will be our undoing. We NEED to score more from the chances we make - period.

I agree wit you GLOS BOY. Unfortunately some City fans MUST have someone to slag off

It's called CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. That's what this forum's about OPINIONS.

If Lee Peacock was being "slagged off", or was the victim of a "vendetta", then I'd be the first person to defend him.

The facts are that Lee hasn't scored for NINE games. He's a centre forward, that's his job. That means that he's majorly responsible for City registering just 3 goals in the last five games.

City are just 10 games away from possible automatic promotion and the stakes are far to high for Danny to continually select an overpaid, soon to be out of contact enigma.

Drop him from a great height.

And if you don't like it, I suggest you go to bed for a long lie down, or preferrably join a mailing list where everybody agrees with you.

Guest DANBOY_BCFC

Lay off the bloke, friggin hell. How many DECENT chances has LP had in the past 5 or 6 games? I'm saying 2 TOPS that I can remember, one header against Wycombe and the chance that an opposition keeper went on to make a superb double save from cant remember who it was against. The service to the front lads is nothing short of cr*p at present, we can not put a good ball into the box for love nor money, and our corners quite frankly are pathetic. If we cant provide quality service the strikers are not going to score. Peaks work rate is spot on, battles for the full 90, good in the air, good hold up play etc. All he needs as he said himself on the site this week, is the ball to bounce his way and he'll stick one away. He and Miller have to come deep just to get a touch of the ball, they cant be in the box at the same time can they? The Lita hype is annoying aswell, he scored a goal last night that any park footballer would have scored and that is all he contributed all night. A decent ball in for once and luckily he's stood in the right place at the right time and all he had to do was jump, that bit of luck is all thats missing to enable Peaks and Miller to start scoring again. Lita will develop into a good player, but at the moment I dont feel he is capable to cause a threat unless he is playing against tired defenders for the last 20. The game is all about opinions and these are mine. Bottom line - Better service = Goals for Peacock + Miller = Promotion.

What like the great service that was afforded to peacock against wycombe when he spaffed a header wide from a wonderful 3 yards, yet Lita who is half his size managed to score on friday with amost an identical chance. peacock has had the chances and has not put them away.

Peacock + Miller = Bottling it.

The reason we have just done so dismally in the 3 games before Rushden, is because for some dissolusioned reason Willson believes, like you that sticking with Peacock will help, he needs droping just as much for his own good as the teams good, he is not scoring and the longer it goes on the worse it will get.

Each to his own as they say; My belief is that he is the best target man we have and Miller/Peacock are the best 2.As said almost every week to simular posts.
How can he be the best target man when the man himself admits he is NOT a target man ?

I don't think he is a bad player, but he is not scoring and Miller would be a far, far better foil for Lita than peacock will, as proved when Peacock has failed miserably to partner Roberts as he can't do it.

I'm afraid to say I don't believe Peacock is of sufficient quality to sustain City's strike power in Division 1. He's not a prolific scorer and its purely down to our tigt defence that City are up where they are at present.

When you have a team that outplays the opposition only to see a weak and ineffective strike force waste all that hard work and approach play its natural to wish for an alternative.

Its no surprise that this is where City's weakness is given that we don't have a sniffer in the box. Playing Peacock & Miller together isn't the answer as they are far too similar and there is no pace up front. Peacock & Roberts together up front is not one that works either as experience of them playing there has shown.

DW has tried different players to partner Peacock and none of the partnerships thus far has produced an effective strike force. The answer is simple, drop Peacock and try combos involving Miller & Roberts or Miller & Lita. I believe Miller & Roberts were paired Vs Brighton away and the team scored 4.

I don't believe a forward continuing in the side who has scored 1 in the last 11 games and frankly doesn't look like scoring. All that effort and running is of no use if there is no end produce is it? I mean, having a tight defence doesn't win you games, it merely prevents you from losing. The win games (and we do need to start winning on a regular basis if we are to go up) you need strikers who can score. And lets face it, our run-in includes 6 games on the spin against teams in 9th, 3rd, 4th, 1st, 6th and 5th positions as of the current table.

To win those its imperative to have efficient and potent scorers who can take half chances as I don't think we'll get the plethora of opportunities the teams we've played recently have given us - only for Peacock et al to waste - so playing an out of sorts player who lacks pace and a high scoring percentage is tantamount to playing with fire.

Looking at the stats, over the past 11 games our forwards have played and scored the following:

Peacock ........ played 11 scored 1

Miller............. played 11 scored 2

Lita............... played 9 scored 3

That's unacceptable. The terrible thing is Lita's 9 appearances have all either been as sub or as a starting player who's been subbed. Peacock has played 90 minutes in all matches.

To me its patently clear Peacock is not a scorer, and we desperately need players who can bag goals, particularly in the run-in against teams who can quite clearly score themselves, so there's no way we'll blag 1-0s.

Playing Peacock in my opinion will jeopardise our promotion push. I will hate to say I told you so come May 8 if it does comes.

I'm afraid to say I don't believe Peacock is of sufficient quality to sustain City's strike power in Division 1. He's not a prolific scorer and its purely down to our tigt defence that City are up where they are at present.

When you have a team that outplays the opposition only to see a weak and ineffective strike force waste all that hard work and approach play its natural to wish for an alternative.

Its no surprise that this is where City's weakness is given that we don't have a sniffer in the box. Playing Peacock & Miller together isn't the answer as they are far too similar and there is no pace up front. Peacock & Roberts together up front is not one that works either as experience of them playing there has shown.

DW has tried different players to partner Peacock and none of the partnerships thus far has produced an effective strike force. The answer is simple, drop Peacock and try combos involving Miller & Roberts or Miller & Lita. I believe Miller & Roberts were paired Vs Brighton away and the team scored 4.

I don't believe a forward continuing in the side who has scored 1 in the last 11 games and frankly doesn't look like scoring. All that effort and running is of no use if there is no end produce is it? I mean, having a tight defence doesn't win you games, it merely prevents you from losing. The win games (and we do need to start winning on a regular basis if we are to go up) you need strikers who can score. And lets face it, our run-in includes 6 games on the spin against teams in 9th, 3rd, 4th, 1st, 6th and 5th positions as of the current table.

To win those its imperative to have efficient and potent scorers who can take half chances as I don't think we'll get the plethora of opportunities the teams we've played recently have given us - only for Peacock et al to waste - so playing an out of sorts player who lacks pace and a high scoring percentage is tantamount to playing with fire.

Looking at the stats, over the past 11 games our forwards have played and scored the following:

Peacock ........ played 11 scored 1

Miller............. played 11 scored 2

Lita............... played 9 scored 3

That's unacceptable. The terrible thing is Lita's 9 appearances have all either been as sub or as a starting player who's been subbed. Peacock has played 90 minutes in all matches.

To me its patently clear Peacock is not a scorer, and we desperately need players who can bag goals, particularly in the run-in against teams who can quite clearly score themselves, so there's no way we'll blag 1-0s.

Playing Peacock in my opinion will jeopardise our promotion push. I will hate to say I told you so come May 8 if it does comes.

Yep, it's most certainly time for Lee Peacock to be dropped.

The mood on this forum would be quite different had we conceeded a last minute goal last night, after squandering chance after chance after chance.

The arguement that Peacock has not missed that many chances is an arguement with no substance. A good striker makes chances, and get's into positions to score goals. The service has been there, in particular on Friday night, but we failed to produce the finish.

I felt Leroy was no more than average in terms of performance, he was weak and was bullied by a much stronger Rushden defence. However, he put the more experienced strikers to shame with his goal scoring instincts to get into the right place at the right time and turn a good chance into a goal. Something Peacock simply doesn't do.

You have to ask yourself how many tap-ins Peacock has scored this season... well it's not many, and from a striker, that shows a lack of instinct and a lack of natural goalscoring ability, something Leroy has displayed on many occasion over the past couple of seasons from the bench, and from the start on friday.

To be fair to Lee Miller, when he came on for the last 20 minutes he contributed more than Peacock did in the whole 90. That's because he's the best target man at the club, the best player in the air at the club, and one of the best footballers. A better footballer than Lee Peacock, for instance.

I was frustrated to see him dropped, as he's been one of the reasonably consistant performances in a side which hasn't really been firing on all cylinders for a couple of weeks now.

0 goals in 8 games is not good enough for a striker. I'd be a bit dissapointed with that as a central midfielder, personally. Wilson has stuck by him, but we're a football club fighting for promotion, we can't afford endless patience with strikers who are currently inept in front of goal.

It's Miller time.

I lob in my 10 pences worth!

January 03 - 22 February 03 City had the same problem. lack of goals, which untimately cost us promotion in a much stronger league.

Away to Northampton a proven goal poacher who will remain nameless was singned on loan.

You know the rest!

No I not getting back on that bandwagon. Just stating the blindingly obvious that now we are this close. The manager must sort out the goals to chances ratio otherwise the links to away grounds on the main site will not have to be updated in the summer.

It is there for the club. Don't let this opertunity pass us by!

Why do city fans always require someone to slag off. We won last night we are 2nd in the league, div 1 is in sight if we all give everyone in the squad full support. I thought peacock gave 100% last night and Aaron injured himself chasing a lost cause. Credit is what is required not critisism
Cos Leapy is the No 9, and the third most experienced player in our squad, because this is his second barren spell, the first of 9 games, and this one of 8 now, and Judas has the same number of goals despite not starting, let alone coming on as sub games as our illustrious No 9!!

Cos he gets a start regardless of performance, almost every other player has been dropped at least once for ###### performances.

Cos his lack of goals scored will cost us promotion, and yes he's not the only striker, they are all guilty, but as the number 1 and most experienced he takes more of the flak for it.

Cos good performances without a goal, are not the idea for a No 9, unless he creates chances for the goals to be scored by others, which aint happening.

22 to 3 chances and a 1-0 scoreline??? Yes its 3 points, but our rivals won 2-1, about fair, and 3-1, more like it. If you are happy with 1-0 scorelines and our rivals win by bigger scorelines, and some have games in hand, you are deluding yourself we will get promoted. We have the third best good, which as you know wont count for ###### in the playoffs. Hmmmmm.

Godzilla's reply sums up my thinking exactly.

I just can't fathom how Danny can justify playing the guy. I can't even see personally the "other" facets to his game that his supporters keep reiterating.

Rested? Dropped?

We passed those questions weeks ago, surely?

Its beyond a joke now - I've even stopped asking fellow fans if they think Peacock will be dropped as we all know he never will be, no matter how he plays or how few goals he scores he is the first name on Danny's team sheet.

One Team

Archived