IGNORED

Game Off Saturday? (merged Threads)

Wilksi

Whats the chances of the game going ahead on Saturday?

Just checked the forecast for Cheltenham on Saturday and it is still saying thick fog and a maximum daytime tempture of 1degres.

If there is ground inspection what time will this be likely to take place?

I bloody hope its not off, this ones been on the top of my away days list since the fixtures came out!

The only good thing is, they can leave it fairly late if they have to and its not far home.

I, as all of you, will be very annoyed if it gets postponed. However, on the bright side, it makes the "Christmas Rush" of games alot easier to swallow. I know we have a full squad and all but it enhances our chances of taking points

Wheres the Applciation for for the "happy clappy brigade"

I'll get my pen.

:whistle2:

The Met office forcast for tomorrow says;

1200 Mist 1°C ENE 1 mph visibility Very Poor

1500 Mist 2°C ENE 2 mph visibility Moderate

1800 Fog 1°C E 3 mph visibility Moderate

Night Fog 0°C ENE 2 mph visibility Moderate

So it looks like the match will be ok.

I would think that everyone, club and fans want the match played. We are on a bit of a roll now and want to keep going. :clapping:

Also, does anyone remember the game at Oxford back in the early 90's, game didn't start too foggy but got worse as the game went on. We went 1-0 down but come the 2nd half we were shooting towards are fans and could only see to the half way line. For a few minutes we saw nothing, just the Oxford keeper in front of us, they were attacking and keeping the ball in our half ( I guess, couldn't see bugger all ) then out of the mist came The Chief being chased by the entire Oxford defense, but as always big Wayne brushed them off and cooly sloted home for a 1-1 draw.

Not fog but snow, can anyone remember the blizzard that we could hardly see the match action in. I remember our goalie, Sinclair, looking like he was alone in one of those snow-shaker things in the paper the next day! :colder:

Also, does anyone remember the game at Oxford back in the early 90's, game didn't start too foggy but got worse as the game went on. We went 1-0 down but come the 2nd half we were shooting towards are fans and could only see to the half way line. For a few minutes we saw nothing, just the Oxford keeper in front of us, they were attacking and keeping the ball in our half ( I guess, couldn't see bugger all ) then out of the mist came The Chief being chased by the entire Oxford defense, but as always big Wayne brushed them off and cooly sloted home for a 1-1 draw.

I was at that game - happy days. Your account is completely accurate, in the second half we could only see the half way line, it made the torquay game seem like a clear sunny day.

What always made me laugh about going to the manor ground was the sight of a 20ft shark sticking out of a house roof nearby. You had to see it to believe it.

Although nothing official has been said yet, the game tomorrow must be in doubt.

More thick fog today nationwide and BBC forecast fog and poor visibility in Cheltenham tomorrow.

Any Chelt/Glos people enlighten us on what it's like up there currently?

Although still foggy in mornings by dinner its thinned considerably, especailly in towns; visability 100`s and 100`s of yards now in Glos/Chelt;

Shouldnt be any probs pressumming pitch protected from any frosts; bit dodgey on Mways though and Sat before xmas allow plenty of time to get in town and find a space :w00t:its a right ars place with the oneway system and them christmas shoppers, just came through its chocker :farmer:

Gloucester .v. Newcastle called off this evening is a bit of a worry !

The game should be alright tommorow, i live in gloucester and actually went to the game tonight (grrr), the fog situation was alright until 6pm and then it just came over bad. so we should be alright tommorow aslong as the game isn't delayed or anything!

The game should be alright tommorow, i live in gloucester and actually went to the game tonight (grrr), the fog situation was alright until 6pm and then it just came over bad. so we should be alright tommorow aslong as the game isn't delayed or anything!

I live in Gloucester; I actually stayed in cause is cold out there :colder:

Archived