IGNORED

Old Moaning Bloke With A Red Trilby Hat

maidenheadred

mrs maidenheadred let me leave london earlier than expected, but not early enough to get a ticket... so only family representation at cheltenham today was provided by my muvver

first thing she said on return was how an older bloke with a red hat annoyed her and everyone around her so much with his constant stream of moaning at the team and the players that she actually turned around and told him to shut up. This would be the first time in 30 years my mum has argued or shouted at someone at a match!

not anyone on here was it? description not a million miles away from that included in a notorious recent thread..... :whistle2:

Think you will find the guy with the red trilby is none other than Bristol comedian and long term city supporter Stoney Garnet.

Always appears in the lower williams are at home games - always with red trilby

bloody hell...my girlfriend's just ordered me a red trilby for XMAS......Has the What's that coming over the hill.....is it Shuwunmi? printed on the hat band.

anyway i don't blame the bloke for moaning today watching the first half! He never moaned the second half cos we were excellent....as we were at Rotherham.

He was'nt the only one moaning either.............they deserved a bollocking too.... ask Sir Gary!

Think you will find the guy with the red trilby is none other than Bristol comedian and long term city supporter Stoney Garnet.

Not so sure, i saw two old blokes with red trilby's in the Williams at the recent F.A Youth Cup match and i don't think either were Stoney Garnet.

I took it as the start of a new fashion trend amongst Senior Reds which i would expect to spread like wildfire as the season progresses.

There is another bloke that wears a Trilby down the Gate. Seen him in the Dolman Bar I think and around the ground!

I haven't seen Stoney Garnett at all this season, wasn't he banned for something??

Do they sell Senior Red Trilby's in the club shop?

If not they ought to.

Wonder where these enlightened trail blazing Seniors are getting them from otherwise?

Personally i'd like to see hundreds of Trilby clad Senior fanatics sporting them. :thumbsup::yes:

Stoney has always got a large feather in his hat.

I must of seen this guy down town a good few months back. Always remember him because of his hat with its large feather, but never knew anything about him.

But anyways, some guy came up to him in Lloyds bar and started to try and take the piss, he didn't realise 'Stoney' was with a bunch of people and they kicked this guys ass before he got thrown out of the club!

Relevent? Maybe not, but a better read than what others put on this forum at times :ph34r:

I don't qualify for the Senior Reds but i'm tempted to get a Red Trilby anyway. :thumbsup:

Don't want to be the odd one out in the AG stands. :disapointed2se:

Would be a truly awesome sight to see AG packed to the rafters with fanatical Trilby wearers. :chant6ez:

Wonder if they've written all the scripts for the next Doctor Who series yet - surely an episode incorporating this mind-blowing Red Trilby phenomenon in South Bristol would be a match for any story of the Cybermen/Daleks/ grotesque mannequins or other weird yet fascinating unworldly occurrences? :devil:

Never take the piss out of a veteran City fan in a Red Trilby.

Soon there will be hundreds if not thousands of them. :o

Ah, yes the Red Trilby:

As featured on 'Top Gear' (no apology, pun completely intended:) ) with its double OverHead (oops.. soz) cam it can do 0 to 60 in a Hair Raising(tch!) wind assisted few seconds, also performs well against a strong Head wind(whoops!).

Wind tunnel tests revealed its capable of taking off extremely quickly, & its claimed will soon fly past its rivals even when conceding a Head(groan!) start.

Strongly tipped to be a top choice for petrol Heads(nah, forget it..) everywhere when launched as the long awaited replacement for the Hillman Imp, the Red Trilby is extremely stylish in the traditional sense -a true Head turner (ok ok almost done now..) fringe benefits include alloy rims & a vanity mirror as optional extra's.

...oh gawd, sorry -I went off on one again - is there a doctor in the house?.. :)

Archived