IGNORED

Back Four Goals...8

Rednready

Today's goals came from our back four, whilst our midfield came up with the zero thats happened all season.

Our main contributors to the center midfield, LJ, Skuse, Russell and Noble, have not scored 1 goal between them with half the season gone. Thats actually a combined 64 starts.

I'me glad we salvaged an away point, as local derby's are more of a dogfight. This is more about where we can improve to ensure auto promotion. Our selected back 4 comes up with the goods consistantly, the attack when fit and focused does a job, but our midfield have yet to contribute as a regular effective unit.

GJ is doing plenty right with the club, but he has yet to arrive at the right combination with center midfield. Skuse on the flank is not the answer, if selected he needs to be in the center. LJ has some classy moves, but is not controlling the midfield with any domination or goals.Russells form is adequate, and Noble, Brown and Artus cant get a midfield start.

I think we have the right players in that mix, but when I saw todays selections, I thought it would be a hard road.

Today's goals came from our back four, whilst our midfield came up with the zero thats happened all season.

Our main contributors to the center midfield, LJ, Skuse, Russell and Noble, have not scored 1 goal between them with half the season gone. Thats actually a combined 64 starts.

I'me glad we salvaged an away point, as local derby's are more of a dogfight. This is more about where we can improve to ensure auto promotion. Our selected back 4 comes up with the goods consistantly, the attack when fit and focused does a job, but our midfield have yet to contribute as a regular effective unit.

GJ is doing plenty right with the club, but he has yet to arrive at the right combination with center midfield. Skuse on the flank is not the answer, if selected he needs to be in the center. LJ has some classy moves, but is not controlling the midfield with any domination or goals.Russells form is adequate, and Noble, Brown and Artus cant get a midfield start.

I think we have the right players in that mix, but when I saw todays selections, I thought it would be a hard road.

There are goals amongst those midfield players.

Lee Johnson may not have scored yet but he was unlucky not to today and has crashed shots against both Atyeo posts this season. Cracking long shots too.

We know what Scott Brown is capable of - one of the most powerful shots in the division. Again the woodwork has not been his friend on numerous occasions.

Noble has impressed occasionally with his free kicks but there is no Devil in his shooting.

Cole Skuse ends up in a shooting position far more often than his often meek final efforts merit. Would we could swap that round so that potential hotshots like LJ or Brown are in the position to take the final shot from Skuse's pass.

Russell is adequate in most departments but doesn't get in enough quality shots.

The potential for goals is definitely there but all too often the midfielders are not getting near enough to goal to give themselves a high chance of netting.

There is another topic about Daddy's boy, [ LJ ], most posters seem to think LJ is worth his spot.

Perhaps, but compared to what ? A 20 year old Skuse being played all over the park to accomadate LJ, an aging Russell, probably in his final season. Then we have Brown who cant get a look in at his favourite midfield position and Artus who we were told by GJ in November was very close to selection. Noble has been out injured in recent months, and does not appear to be in the selection mode.

It would appear that Brown and Artus will have trouble getting into the midfield mix, perhaps in the off chance a better partnership evolves.

Half the season gone and not a goal from midfield, that stinks. Its our weak link or non link between a good defence and our strikers. It does come in patches, but frankly we are not in control of the midfield, and have not been all season.

Third is excellant and says a lot about our squad resolve, but I don't think we need to sign another midfielder, in fact I think LJ was an unnecessary signing. We needed a left and right winger, and midfield would have been just fine with Noble, Brown, Skuse, Artus and Russell..........imo.

I'd like to see an improvement in that area, but let's face it we're picking up points one wayor another so no real crisis.

Its often down to 1 point between auto promotion and the killing playoffs. Every point has to be treated as a treasure trove . Draws are 2 points lost, especially against teams in the bottom third.

So yes we are picking up points, but we could coast into auto promotion, just get the damn midfield selection and substitutions right.

Oh yes, the manager's doing a good job, but even the best jewellry needs a polish.

Guest east_dundry_red

Looking at the facts before you moan would be nice.

Didnt we beat Brighton with a 1-0 win and a goal from Scott Brown?

City 1 Millwall 0 - Goal by scott Murray.

Theres 6 points we have got this season from the .

Scuse, Russel and noble are not goal scoring midfielders they are there to lay the ball off and to support the defencers and also the strikers with the crossess needed.

Looking at the facts before you moan would be nice.

Didnt we beat Brighton with a 1-0 win and a goal from Scott Brown?

City 1 Millwall 0 - Goal by scott Murray.

Theres 6 points we have got this season from the .

Scuse, Russel and noble are not goal scoring midfielders they are there to lay the ball off and to support the defencers and also the strikers with the crossess needed.

Brown and Murray have only started in about half our league starts, who started in the other half ? thats very selective reasoning. As for our central midfielders, LJ, Russell, and when used,Noble and Skuse, they have a collective 64 starts with no goals in half a season. If you read the forum and listen to the fans, they are crying out for a central midfielder that can chip in with a few goals. IMO we have the players, just don't have the right mix.

Archived