IGNORED

Boxing Day

The Fat Controller

Returns for Keogh and Carey?

Brooker as well?

Personally i can see Keogh and Carey returning, but i don't think either Jevons or Showunmi would be dropped. Return for Scott Brown for the (reportedly) ineffective Skuse?

Basso

Keogh Carey McCombe McAllister

Murray Russell Johnson Brown

Jevons Showunmi

Subs: Weale, Orr, Brooker, JMW, Skuse

Would do me just fine. No room for Fontaine as Skuse can cover positions from the bench if neccessary.

think the goal will keep Orr's place in the team personally, Skuse although not happy in the role and not at his most effective, does the wing role fairly well, but it is more suited to away games, Brown...personally I think it is all fitness depending, also feel Jennison has been rested for a few games, so if freshened up, could be worth a start again

I'd go for

Basso

Orr, Carey, McCombe, McAllister

Murray, Johnson, Skuse, Jennison

Jevons, Enoch

however, if Scott Brown is fit I'd start him over Jennison

and Brookers fitness depending he could also come into the team, maybe with Enoch playing wing instead

I can't see GJ making many changes unless people have picked up knocks, he likes consistency if possible. I would think Keogh would take a step above Fontaine and onto the bench because of his versatility, but I can see Orr keeping his place.

Brooker might get a longer run out to get him ready to play his old club?

Fontaine must be doubtful after injuring his ankle in the first half and Craig Woodman may get a run out if McAllister isn't fit after he limped off.

I'd like to see Brooker start but I doubt it and I'm getting more concerned about his slow progress, not less.

We're at home against one of the bottom teams, so if JM & LF don't make it, I reckon GJ will go:

..................BASSO.......................

KEOGH................CAREY................MCCOMBE..............WOODMAN......

MURRAY..............SKUSE................JOHNSON..........MYRIE-WILLIAMS.

.............SHOWUMNI..........JEVONS...........

SUBS

WEALE

BROOKER

ORR

NOBLE

BROWN

With Fontaine and McAllister doubtful and the midfield not in control, I would select:

Basso

Keogh Carey McCombe Woodman

Murray Skuse Noble Showumni

Jevons Brooker

Bench: Weale, Orr, Russell, Artus, Williams.

In November GJ said Artus was close to selection, so here we have a home game against a bottom order team. Let Noble run for an hour and give Artus half an hour to do his thing. We have Williams available to come on late when Brooker gets tired. We will then have a fresh Brown and LJ available for Port Vale.

GJ can always say he's using his squad, to have fresh players ready during a busy schedule.

Archived