IGNORED

Too Much Turkey For The Players Yesterday?

City_pete1

Yeah, I asked the lady behind me what had contributed to making AG such a morgue these days( I sit in block B Dolman). She said that the atmosphere had died since the block had been made more family orientated and the 'singers' had dispersed.

I met an old friend in the bar at half time who I know only attends once in a blue moon. I felt embarrassed and saddened that he had seen nothing that would make him ever want to come back. Surely this problem, if it is actually seen as a problem by the club, could be addressed pretty easily.

Yeah, I asked the lady behind me what had contributed to making AG such a morgue these days( I sit in block B Dolman). She said that the atmosphere had died since the block had been made more family orientated and the 'singers' had dispersed.

I met an old friend in the bar at half time who I know only attends once in a blue moon. I felt embarrassed and saddened that he had seen nothing that would make him ever want to come back. Surely this problem, if it is actually seen as a problem by the club, could be addressed pretty easily.

I`ve got a plan......... :shutup:

I felt embarrassed going with my dad! He was a city fan from a young age and season ticket holder in the EE. Now he only goes once in a blue moon also, when he visits me.

Whats more embarrasing is how the 400 odd Bournemouth fans made more noise than all the city fans (excluding the last 15 mins when we were on a comeback).

I have been to all but a few of the home games this year, and although prob the largest attendance... It was the worst atmosphere.

I felt embarrassed going with my dad! He was a city fan from a young age and season ticket holder in the EE. Now he only goes once in a blue moon also, when he visits me.

Whats more embarrasing is how the 400 odd Bournemouth fans made more noise than all the city fans (excluding the last 15 mins when we were on a comeback).

I have been to all but a few of the home games this year, and although prob the largest attendance... It was the worst atmosphere.

Solution, below vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

I cannot see why lansdown cant see the problem with the atmosphere might not all be to do with the fans but has to have something to do with the way the tickets and stands are at present. When city travel away the support from the fans is probably one of the loudest in the division. For example, bournemouth away, forest away, rotherham away, swansea away at all of these games the noise from city fans was excellent and it was the whole way through the game. So if say a 1000 city fans can make so much noise away from home, most of them are probably at ashton gate each week which makes me think there is something wrong with ashton gate in general and it is not just the fans fault!! maybe it is because at away games it is unreserved seating unlike the gate where everyone is spread ( we need to find a way of getting singers back together like away games), or maybe because stands are better for noise away from home but we have the east end!!.

There is things lansdown can do but it is easier forhim to sit on his ass and keep the gate a library that it is!! Sheer Lazyness and stubbourness!!

Up the City!!

:englandsmile4wf::city::englandsmile4wf:

I yawned and I yawned and I yawned today. An almost sterile atmosphere at Ashton Gate today against the Bore-Muffdivers. Well done Steve Lansdown NOT - you may be a rich man but you're a shite Chairman of BCFC - you've presided over almost a club record of continuous lower league football and the atmosphere at Ashton Gate is the most dismal in my lifetime. Yawn.

For **** sake at least open the East End. :englandsmile4wf:

A few were listening on their radios for the Hereford v Gas result. Had the Gas attacked the Hereford West Mercia Police with a full on pitch invasion at Hereford and hung a corrupt West Mercia Crown Prosecution Service lawyer from a floodlight that could have raised at least raised a howl of delight from me to help raise the atmosphere at Ashton Gate today. :clapping:

I cannot see why lansdown cant see the problem with the atmosphere might not all be to do with the fans but has to have something to do with the way the tickets and stands are at present. When city travel away the support from the fans is probably one of the loudest in the division. For example, bournemouth away, forest away, rotherham away, swansea away at all of these games the noise from city fans was excellent and it was the whole way through the game. So if say a 1000 city fans can make so much noise away from home, most of them are probably at ashton gate each week which makes me think there is something wrong with ashton gate in general and it is not just the fans fault!! maybe it is because at away games it is unreserved seating unlike the gate where everyone is spread ( we need to find a way of getting singers back together like away games), or maybe because stands are better for noise away from home but we have the east end!!.

There is things lansdown can do but it is easier forhim to sit on his ass and keep the gate a library that it is!! Sheer Lazyness and stubbourness!!

Up the City!!

:englandsmile4wf::city::englandsmile4wf:

Very well put. I think it is more down to the singing fans being all spread out than anything else. I also think unreserved seating in the Atyeo/East End would would make a huge difference however but having said that Forest was reserved seating and that was still amazing. Sort it out Lansdown because you have made Ashton Gate a library.

Solution, below vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Whilst I'm in favour of opening the EE I'm also in favour of City playing attractive flowing football and that would also play a major part in helping fans to return or indeed attend for the first time.

Even with the EE open we will not attract better attendances playing.........er,..........some of the tripe I've had to watch in recent weeks......sorry, months

i think there is a symbiotic relationship between the noise the fans make and the way the team play.

As for the way they are playing at the moment, for various reasons, today's side is not the finished article, some money has to be spent in january, however having said that we are still in a good position.

Fairplay to bournemouth and their fans, most clubs are going to come to ashton gate with little to lose against such a "favourite" for promotion. They outplayed us in the first half and their fans out-sang us throughout the whole game

Youngsters going today wouldn't believe the racket that city fans used to make on match day.

I can remember the bournemouth fans distinctly signing "your supposed to be at home". So true.....

Whilst I'm in favour of opening the EE I'm also in favour of City playing attractive flowing football and that would also play a major part in helping fans to return or indeed attend for the first time.

Even with the EE open we will not attract better attendances playing.........er,..........some of the tripe I've had to watch in recent weeks......sorry, months

The E.E would stir some life back into a dying ground; came to see what I`ve been missing yesterday, didnt particularly like what I heard, a couple of coach loads of away fans mocking the shhhhhh ground, and a team of players, bar a couple, who were second to most balls.

It can do no harm Steve do it and do it now :ranting:

I've just finished reading this topic. I have ran out of things to say about opening the Eastend, we need it open, we need it now, I get bored, loads or people get bored its a sick joke. E.g imagine Liverpool with no Kop? Villa with no Holte end? Arsenal (when Highbury was around) with no North Bank? I mean name me one other club in the Football league whos fans are not allowed in their home end!?

For christs sake even Rovers have the Blackthorn end! EVEN Swindon! have their Town end Milton Keynes Bloody Dons! have their cow shed thing! I could say the same about every club, but the quiz question is which clubs fans are not allowed theirs? Bristol ******* City!

Fed up does not go near how I feel about this.

What more can we do or say! Give us the bloody Eastend!

Carefull, the happy clappys will assas...mur...sorry disagree with ya......... :whistle2:

Archived