IGNORED

Gj Reading The Forum ?

Rednready

Reading GJ's comments on the main site, is like an echo of this forum, only more so than usual.

Bristol Boy said factually this week, that GJ does read the forum, so look at GJ's comments.

Goals are coming from the defence, and we need more from inside the 6yard box. Several Topics on that subject, recently the one about 8 goals from the back 4, and none from center midfield [ now 1 ]. 3 months since Jevo scored a league goal.

Skuse on the left wing was never a permanent solution. BB and myself both called it nonsense, or in GJ's own words, " its back to the drawing board on that one". In plain words it did not work, and it was obvious to many fans. At least GJ can admit an error in judgement, unlike some who just bury their heads further into the sand.

At the start of the season, when asked about signing a left winger, GJ said it had not been one of his considerations ! He thought we had enough cover with players who could play there.

In the new press release, GJ says, " We've always been looking for a winger ". I wonder how long is " always been " ? Certainly not last August !

The bets are hedged, as he adds, Williams and Enoch may have something to say about it !

So there it is. The need for goals from forwards, looking for a winger, and Skuse's playing position is being re-assessed. That should make plenty of fans happy, that those problem areas have been identified. Next, the solutions.

Reading GJ's comments on the main site, is like an echo of this forum, only more so than usual.

Bristol Boy said factually this week, that GJ does read the forum, so look at GJ's comments.

Goals are coming from the defence, and we need more from inside the 6yard box. Several Topics on that subject, recently the one about 8 goals from the back 4, and none from center midfield [ now 1 ]. 3 months since Jevo scored a league goal.

Skuse on the left wing was never a permanent solution. BB and myself both called it nonsense, or in GJ's own words, " its back to the drawing board on that one". In plain words it did not work, and it was obvious to many fans. At least GJ can admit an error in judgement, unlike some who just bury their heads further into the sand.

At the start of the season, when asked about signing a left winger, GJ said it had not been one of his considerations ! He thought we had enough cover with players who could play there.

In the new press release, GJ says, " We've always been looking for a winger ". I wonder how long is " always been " ? Certainly not last August !

The bets are hedged, as he adds, Williams and Enoch may have something to say about it !

So there it is. The need for goals from forwards, looking for a winger, and Skuse's playing position is being re-assessed. That should make plenty of fans happy, that those problem areas have been identified. Next, the solutions.

Not too sure what your post is trying to suggest, but i'll guess that you think GJ uses OTIB as a source of information and you're impling that yourself among others should be given credit in some way as GJ happens to echo some words on here? pure coincidence i'm afraid.

No prizes for you or BB sorry :whistle2:

Or perhaps he's an astute manager who worked those things out for himself, and doesnt need 12,000 amateurs telling him how to do his job?

How many of those 12,000 amateurs would have taken more than 3 seconds (let alone half a dozen games) to realise playing Skuse in a wide position was utter stupidity?

GJ has done some things very well but some of his selections are very hard to understand and simply don't work - this being one of them.

If we see Skuse on the wing again tomorrow I'm sure I won't be alone in tearing my hair out. It leaves us without an outlet down one side, narrow and playing long ball crap as a result - and it's not fair on the lad.

Surely. Explains the way we are playing at the moment.

Good night Bristol.

How many of those 12,000 amateurs would have taken more than 3 seconds (let alone half a dozen games) to realise playing Skuse in a wide position was utter stupidity?

GJ has done some things very well but some of his selections are very hard to understand and simply don't work - this being one of them.

If we see Skuse on the wing again tomorrow I'm sure I won't be alone in tearing my hair out. It leaves us without an outlet down one side, narrow and playing long ball crap as a result - and it's not fair on the lad.

Not only that but Skuse also tucks in regularly to support the two in the middle and leaves Orr/Keogh playing 1 against 2 and sometimes 3. And I don't blame Skuse at all who is simply trying to do a job that is totally alien to him. We may be amatuers but that certainly doesn't mean many of us can't watch a game of football without passing intelligent comment upon what we see.

GJ reads the forum according to BB. Not a bad move, as there are ex players, Academy players, fans with FA coaching badges, and many good judges of football who have common sense opinions.

I am sure GJ is smart enough to ignore the drunks, the unintelligent and fishing persons. A smart man will always canvas or review all opinion, and he has shown and constantly said that he needs the fans. That being so, he is going to hear fans opinions, good and bad.

No different to going to the movies, the word gets out from enough fans that a movie is a bomb, then others don't watch it. They are not movie directors, just fans, and they know a bad movie when they see it. Football is no different, GJ is just a league 1 manager, and if he's on the wrong track, fans will express their opinions.

Fans pay their money, forum or otherwise, and they are entitled to voice their points of view. As I see it, the topic is commenting on GJ's statements on the main BCFC site, no dispute about it, GJ has nominated the problems that need to be addressed, indeed problems that have been widely mentioned in this forum for some time.

I belive he reads it more so to gauge the fans views and feelings. I don't think he'll take too much too seriously on here, if he did he'd become a loon of Barry Fry proportions :laugh:

I belive he reads it more so to gauge the fans views and feelings. I don't think he'll take too much too seriously on here, if he did he'd become a loon of Barry Fry proportions :laugh:

Exactly the point, he needs to gauge the fans views and feelings, and sometimes when he sees which way the winds blowing, he decides to blow in harmony. Thats just smart politics, he needs the fans in tune as well as the players.

Bingo!!

Sometimes switching a player to a wide position can work unexpectedly with Wilkshire on the left being the best example I can think of and that's not to say left wing was his best position.In fairness, I would never have tried that and fair play to Tins as he was the first to do it.

It was absolutely clear that it wouldn't work with Skuse before we did it! He's a defensive central midfielder.If we're stuck he can play RB, CH but central midfield in front of the back four was where he was born to play.

Hopefully we'll have CS in central midfield although-mark my words-I wouldn't be surprised to see GJ drop him to the bench-which really is wrong and you have to question GJ's judgement if we go in against Vale with Russell & LJ in central midfield.

Archived