IGNORED

Scott Brown

jism123

It was a suspected broken leg, which turned out to be fine.

The midfielder was fortunate not to suffer a broken leg following a shuddering challenge with Cheltenham's Sosthene Yao in last week's reserve team fixture at Whaddon Road.

X-rays later revealed nothing more severe than heavy bruising but Johnson feels the incident could have a more profound effect on his player.

"It's not just the bruising to his shin that is a problem," Johnson said. "There may also be some mental scarring after what happened. I don't want to bring him back and have him worried about his leg.

"I don't want players to be unsure of themselves and pulling out of 50-50 challenges, so Scott will only return when he's 100% both physically and mentally."

Brown has endured a stop-start campaign after missing several games because of a hamstring strain at the start of the season, and Johnson added: "It's been frustrating for him but he now needs to get himself fully fit so that he can be available and at his best for the second half of the season."

Thats rubbish can anyone see Browner being the sort of player to come back quaking in his boots over a challenge.

He is fit but not even making the bench ,Johnson does some very strange things sometimes

Theres plenty of intrest in him Cheltenham the latest

Sort this out or were gnna lose him Johnson

Thats rubbish can anyone see Browner being the sort of player to come back quaking in his boots over a challenge.

He is fit but not even making the bench ,Johnson does some very strange things sometimes

Theres plenty of intrest in him Cheltenham the latest

Sort this out or were gnna lose him Johnson

Scott Brown had a hard time getting into the team at all, and then as a make shift left flanker, not center midfield, his preferred position. Then shock horror, he scored some goals. Coupled with his status as a fan favorite, he was hard to drop. IMO he is not in GJ's long range plans, not a natural winger, and GJ mentioned Enoch and Williams as contenders for the left flank position in this weeks BCFC press release. No mention of Brown in that equation. GJ has not included Brown in any of his midfield combinations, and since LJ's arrival it is even more unlikely.

At best Brown will be a back up squad player for the rest of the season, or sold. IMO I hope he stays.

Scott Brown had a hard time getting into the team at all, and then as a make shift left flanker, not center midfield, his preferred position. Then shock horror, he scored some goals. Coupled with his status as a fan favorite, he was hard to drop. IMO he is not in GJ's long range plans, not a natural winger, and GJ mentioned Enoch and Williams as contenders for the left flank position in this weeks BCFC press release. No mention of Brown in that equation. GJ has not included Brown in any of his midfield combinations, and since LJ's arrival it is even more unlikely.

At best Brown will be a back up squad player for the rest of the season, or sold. IMO I hope he stays.

In my opinion he's not good enough for the Championship so I'm not bothered if he stays or goes. The same can be said for Russell, Orr, Woodman, Murray and Jevons.

If we do go up, next season will be vey difficult.

I think Brown is the sort of player we're missing in midfield and if it's not going to be him, Johnson needs to find someone who can perform that role. Johnson and Russell are too similar.

Skuse is too lightweight. Noble (why is he out of favour?) is again a similar player to Johnson and Russell, though I would prefer him over Russell.

It'd be a crime against humanity not to keep the lad at the Club.

Like the East End man, what is the Club playing at??

##### left wing man, I'd stick Johnson youngn' there, for now, and have Gerry Gow, Tommy Doc, (no, what am I on about? the mind wonders man) young Scott in the position he was put on this planet to play - the middle, with Noble, then come Janurary (err, tomorrow) get ourselves a quality out and out winger, obviously, who can actually do things such as dribble with the ball and put in regular decent centres, simple as really.... :rolleyes: I also believe Jevons will then deliver...

I think given experience he'll learn the game proper, he is the way forward man...

What's that word for family favoroutism in professionalism? I'm coming around to the opinion that there is too much of it at this Club currently, not that I don't rate lille' Lee...

I think Brown is the sort of player we're missing in midfield and if it's not going to be him, Johnson needs to find someone who can perform that role. Johnson and Russell are too similar.

Skuse is too lightweight. Noble (why is he out of favour?) is again a similar player to Johnson and Russell, though I would prefer him over Russell.

ROFL Skuse is too lightweight? what are Johnson and Russell then?

We have a very lightweight midfield and even though Scott Brown is physically small, he does seem to hold his own against, arguably tougher opponents. LJ/AR/DN/CS are all good players, but alas far to similar in style to play alongside each other. Surely it should be a case of Scott Brown centre midfield, with one of the other four alongside him.

Sad to say in the last month or so, we have made rather medicore opposition players/midfielders look like world beaters, as we give them plenty of time and space. I think at least one tough tackling midfielder is required!

I hear this Frankie Artus character is in the Tommy Doc mould (according to his Dad)? Perhaps he could factored into a midfield role?

Hold on a damn minute.........do we have too many midfielders at this club?

Excellent shout there from SimplyRed. :chant6ez:

In my opinion Scott Brown and Noble should be first choice for their respective favoured positions. We're always going to struggle to control the midfield without those two starting - as has been proven over the last few games. :whistle2:

Excellent shout there from SimplyRed. :chant6ez:

In my opinion Scott Brown and Noble should be first choice for their respective favoured positions. We're always going to struggle to control the midfield without those two starting - as has been proven over the last few games. :whistle2:

and i'd push lee johnson wide in a tinnion type role :clapping:

I love Scotty Brown and do believe that if we had time and were building for promotion, he could be the defensive midfielder we desperately need and he weighs in with a fair few goals, however time is something we cant afford to waste given our league position.

He has never really settled or been given a chance in his best position, and similar to Orr is having to stake a claim in an unfamiliar position.

Hope we can keep hold of him and he gets a chance to play defensive midfielder in easier games/reserve games.

I love Scotty Brown and do believe that if we had time and were building for promotion, he could be the defensive midfielder we desperately need and he weighs in with a fair few goals, however time is something we cant afford to waste given our league position.

He has never really settled or been given a chance in his best position, and similar to Orr is having to stake a claim in an unfamiliar position.

Hope we can keep hold of him and he gets a chance to play defensive midfielder in easier games/reserve games.

think he is a great player, defo has potenial to do great things with City, think there is no doubt if he is offered a new deal he will sign it,

have to say though, his injury record is a bit of a concern, think he is going to be the new robin hulbert, a player who offered lots, scored a few quality goals, but just can't keep himself fit through no fault of his own, hope it turns around for him though

A bit like the Tinman:Lita and the number 8 shirt - GJ - GET ##### ON IT ... I reckon anyway..

think he is a great player, defo has potenial to do great things with City, think there is no doubt if he is offered a new deal he will sign it,

have to say though, his injury record is a bit of a concern, think he is going to be the new robin hulbert, a player who offered lots, scored a few quality goals, but just can't keep himself fit through no fault of his own, hope it turns around for him though

Scott Brown is a great player on his day and he's got great potential. Can Gary Johnson realise Scott Brown's potential for BCFC? - that is the question !!!!!

What's that word for family favoroutism in professionalism? I'm coming around to the opinion that there is too much of it at this Club currently, not that I don't rate lille' Lee...

Its called nepotism........minime nepotism :rolleyes:

Archived