IGNORED

One Of Our Goal Keepers Is Missing

redsontour

Am I just being slightly neurotic or does anyone else think their is something slightly suspicious about us bringing in a goalkeeper, on loan, to sit on the bench if one of our two keepers gets injured? And a 19 year old at that?

Surely we have an academy keeper to cover that? Or we could get one on loan if one does get injured?

Perhaps the departure of the mighty Brazilian, for cash, on Jan 1st?

Yes, I can't get my head around this one.

Why bring in Weale in the summer, who was crocked (but apparently the best thing since sliced bread), pay him to warm the bench for six months while recuperating and regaining fitness, then suddenly decide that we need to bring in a young loan 'keeper?!

perhaps we have had a decent offer for Basso and the club are grabbing the money for him while they can?

out of contract end of the season isn't he? he has said he wants to play at a higher level so perhaps if we got a 100k+ offer then they will grab it

Yes, I can't get my head around this one.

Why bring in Weale in the summer, who was crocked (but apparently the best thing since sliced bread), pay him to warm the bench for six months while recuperating and regaining fitness, then suddenly decide that we need to bring in a young loan 'keeper?!

Tbf, I don't think 99% of us thought Basso would turn into the goalie he has. Generally makes just one or two minor mistakes a game, rather than 4 or 5 major ones.

I've always thought GJ has his 'favourites'... and I reckon Weale is one of them. I think Basso - no matter how good he's been - is likely to have to relinquish his place to 'Gary's boy' in the not-too-distant future.

Utter tosh. Who was it that put Basso into the first team, and presided over the improvement in his ability.....errrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I'm not sure it is 'utter tosh'!

Basso came in because Phillips was haveing a mare.

GJ brings just about anyone in to replace someone he doesn't rate - why else would Baz have got a shirt?

It just turned out that Basso developed into a much better GK than even GJ could have predicted!

• Admin

It is on official site, was on there Saturday night http://www.bcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~948847,00.html

looks toward bottom of report even a photo of him.

It was also confirmed in the post match interview that Gary did for City world.

Personally I don't think there is too much in it, remember a year ago we signed Nathan Abbey as Johnson said he likes to have three keepers in the final run in to a season - no great mystery there.

Two points I would raise though:

1 Why wait until January to bring in a third keeper ?,

2 Why would this kid want to go from third choice at QPR to third choice with us ?.

If Weale was always going to be the number 1 keeper when signed? why didn't he get the number 1 shirt at the start of the season?

personally though I think Weale will take over at some point, basically I just think he is a better keeper

Archived