IGNORED

Millers Fan

Bodiesaffer

Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:54 am Post subject: Hoskins v Sharp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over here in plastic fan land there is much talk of 1.5million bids for Billy Sharp. I do hope when the bids start coming in for Hoskins that our club will point out that Hoskins ( 16 GOALS, 23 LEAGUE & CUP APPEARANCES ) has a better strike rate than Billy Sharp ( 19 GOALS, 30 LEAGUE & CUP APPEARANCES )

so the fans think he's a 1m player

Hoskins is out of contract end of season and isn't signing a new one, and Sharp got loads of goals last season too.

Sharp is worth a great deal more, Hoskins will go for less than half a mill.

Rotherham have already dismissed offers of, 500k from cardiff and 600k from ipswich

According to?

sheffield today

http://www.sheffieldtoday.net/ViewArticle2...ticleID=1947507

acctually misread it earlier "believed not to be cardiff)" , found the ipswich link elsewhere can't remember where now, will search again

http://www.rotherhamunited-mad.co.uk/news/...W&id=314894

http://www.eadt.co.uk/content/eadt/sport/s...3A37%3A53%3A187

sheffield today

http://www.sheffieldtoday.net/ViewArticle2...ticleID=1947507

acctually misread it earlier "believed not to be cardiff)" , found the ipswich link elsewhere can't remember where now, will search again

http://www.rotherhamunited-mad.co.uk/news/...W&id=314894

http://www.eadt.co.uk/content/eadt/sport/s...3A37%3A53%3A187

Try clubcall... :rolleyes:

There's no mention of it on their website, and being from an unnamed club makes you wonder...

By the way, Ipswich are another club watching Sharp, Keogh and every other striker you care to name.

As I've said before, until there's actual cash on the table the speculation about who's in for who is irrelevant and should be ignored when we pick our targets.

Try clubcall... :rolleyes:

There's no mention of it on their website, and being from an unnamed club makes you wonder...

By the way, Ipswich are another club watching Sharp, Keogh and every other striker you care to name.

As I've said before, until there's actual cash on the table the speculation about who's in for who is irrelevant and should be ignored when we pick our targets.

so a quote from the chairman in the local newspaper up north saying a bid has been rejected from a club he isn't willing to name isn't to be listened to?

Ok :dunno:

so a quote from the chairman in the local newspaper up north saying a bid has been rejected from a club he isn't willing to name isn't to be listened to?

Ok :dunno:

I find it a bit suspicious that he's not willing to name the club, can't think of any reason for him not to - and of course saying they've knocked back half a million would be a nice way of setting an asking price. I'd still bet he goes for less than half a mill.

But that's not the point.

We shouldn't give a toss about rumours or reported interest from championship clubs bla bla bla... we should just make an offer for a player if we're interested in them and go from there. I'll say it again, paper talk is irrelevant compared to cash on the table.

I find it a bit suspicious that he's not willing to name the club, can't think of any reason for him not to - and of course saying they've knocked back half a million would be a nice way of setting an asking price. I'd still bet he goes for less than half a mill.

But that's not the point.

We shouldn't give a toss about rumours or reported interest from championship clubs bla bla bla... we should just make an offer for a player if we're interested in them and go from there. I'll say it again, paper talk is irrelevant compared to cash on the table.

how about...........the buying club wanted the deal kept quiet until a deal was completed, perhaps the chairman of the buying club didn't want fans getting his back for bidding for a player and then not following through if the selling club asked to much

either way, why would the player leave Rotherham for a sideways move to City if he also had offers from clubs already in the championship or higher?

how about...........the buying club wanted the deal kept quiet until a deal was completed, perhaps the chairman of the buying club didn't want fans getting his back for bidding for a player and then not following through if the selling club asked to much

either way, why would the player leave Rotherham for a sideways move to City if he also had offers from clubs already in the championship or higher?

What the buying club wants doesn't come into it.

Why would the player pick us? Any number of a myriad of reasons. Besides which since the club apparently rejected the offer he hasn't had one yet has he... if they did have one at all.

I'm bored of this incessant bleating that every decent player in this division is beyond our reach because the Star said that 423 different Championship/Premiership/Serie A clubs are interested in them... it's bull. If the manager wants a player we should just go through the normal process and see what happens, simple as.

What the buying club wants doesn't come into it.

Why would the player pick us? Any number of a myriad of reasons. Besides which since the club apparently rejected the offer he hasn't had one yet has he... if they did have one at all.

I'm bored of this incessant bleating that every decent player in this division is beyond our reach because the Star said that 423 different Championship/Premiership/Serie A clubs are interested in them... it's bull. If the manager wants a player we should just go through the normal process and see what happens, simple as.

perhaps people are just being REALISTIC

perhaps people are just being REALISTIC

Perhaps REALISM is not being too trusting of tabloid bull and internet rumours.

Look at the players we've signed in the past that have had interest from clubs at a higher level like Akinbiyi and Goater.

We've had players like Wilkshire, Cole and Peacock step down levels to sign for us.

We can pay more than half the clubs at the next level anyway.

What's unrealistic about thinking we should ignore speculation about other clubs when pursuing a player?

Archived