IGNORED

Craig Dargo

madmax

I can't believe we'd be interested in a 28 yr old player with such a poor goalscoring record and long history of injury marred seasons. I certainly hope not anyway.

totally agree, hardly an inspiring goal scoring record

can't seem him being any better than what we already have

to be honest i have to disagree with you all because i think he does not have a bad goalscoring record. The only thing that is concerning is the level that he's been playing at. and the fact he is playing in a different county which makes moving to a different club even more difficult. Not just off the pitch but also on it. But i suppose he can take a leaf out of Jamie McAllisters who i am sure could help him settle. but otherwise, I think he certinaly knows where the back of the net is.

Also Johnson is good at bringing out the best in unproven players. Is not a bad signing, we could do alot worse

to be honest i have to disagree with you all because i think he does not have a bad goalscoring record. The only thing that is concerning is the level that he's been playing at. and the fact he is playing in a different county which makes moving to a different club even more difficult. Not just off the pitch but also on it. But i suppose he can take a leaf out of Jamie McAllisters who i am sure could help him settle. but otherwise, I think he certinaly knows where the back of the net is.

Also Johnson is good at bringing out the best in unproven players. Is not a bad signing, we could do alot worse

He's not exactly unproven - the bloke is 28. He's scored less than one in 3 during that time which isn't great (15 goals a season isn't enough IMO).

What's most concerning however is that he has for 10 years been injured for about half of each season.

Another striker who can't stay fit is the last thing we need.

Don't be stupid Chris! Everyone else on this thread has been scouting this guy for several seasons, they know all about him having watched him on a regular basis. :whistle2:

He's clearly crap on FIFA Champ Manager 02/03 or whatever so he will be in real life as well. You need to get off the fence and decide this guy is crap now! Not after you have seen him play.

Don't be stupid Chris! Everyone else on this thread has been scouting this guy for several seasons, they know all about him having watched him on a regular basis. :whistle2:

He's clearly crap on FIFA Champ Manager 02/03 or whatever so he will be in real life as well. You need to get off the fence and decide this guy is crap now! Not after you have seen him play.

Actually if you take the trouble to read what's posted before giving it the holier than thou sarcasm you'd see that nearly every comment in this thread is about his record not his ability - which is all they can be about when you haven't seen him play.

And considering his record of injuries is worse than Brooker's and Showunmi's - he'd have to be a Scottish Ronaldinho ability wise to be a good signing.

laugh all you want about Champ Manager and the like, you'd be suprised how accurate it can be,

remember the lad playing it few years back and banging on about some young kid for Malmo called Zlantan Imbrimohovic, similar with a few others, Ljungberg just before he scored past england and also a few young english players,

the people who rate the players are actually football fans of each club and (think RobF used to do it for City) don't mock, you will be shocked how accurate it can be

laugh all you want about Champ Manager and the like, you'd be suprised how accurate it can be,

remember the lad playing it few years back and banging on about some young kid for Malmo called Zlantan Imbrimohovic, similar with a few others, Ljungberg just before he scored past england and also a few young english players,

the people who rate the players are actually football fans of each club and (think RobF used to do it for City) don't mock, you will be shocked how accurate it can be

Yeps its weird, I remember playing the very early Champ manager games when Joe Cole, Defoe, Terry, Ferdinand were all unknown West ham youth players, but those who played the game knew they were all heading for great things.

Macherano, Tevez, Freddy Adu i had signed for Bristol City several years ago, Adu was 14, its only now people are starting to take note.

Also before anyone else slates FM CM etc just remember that their stats/positions/history etc is given by the clubs, staff, players, fans, family, freinds and youth coaches and are VERY accurate, and unbias.

I just been playing FM2007 and have a couple new names to look out for in 5 yrs say.

Bojan (barca) spanish dude 15yrs old

Falcao (River plate) columbian dude 19 yrs old

Both quality, i signed them for City :chant6ez:

I was told a rumour the other day that apparantly we were going to sign a striker from scotland no mention of name as per usual, however like most rumours always take with a pinch of salt. Apart from the obvious bigger clubs in scotland the level of football and standard of players is pretty crap imo so find hard to believe we will be signing a quality striker who will do the business

I was told a rumour the other day that apparantly we were going to sign a striker from scotland no mention of name as per usual, however like most rumours always take with a pinch of salt. Apart from the obvious bigger clubs in scotland the level of football and standard of players is pretty crap imo so find hard to believe we will be signing a quality striker who will do the business

But why would we be signing a striker from Celtic or Rangers?! We are in debt and in league one - we have to face facts that we will not be splashing out 500k - 1 million on a player.

I'm sure when Reading signed Doyle people were slagging off the standard of Irish football or the standard of Welsh football when Trundle signed for Swansea.

Give the player (whoever we sign) and Johnson a chance for christs sake.

Compared to the sublime levels of City in Div 3? Jesus, I felt like crying/nodding off at Carlisle match ir was that high quality/entertaining.

Hi All from an ICT fan

There's rumours up here that Dargo may well be joining yourselves. He's out of contract in the summer and has yet to sign the new one we've offered him.

For your info, Craig was seen as one of the bright young stars when he burst on the scene at Raith. He did well there and was snapped up by Kilmarnock where, unfortunately, his time was blighted by injuries. He became so injury prone that even when back to full fitness he'd fallen so much out of favour he was practically a reserve team player.

Caley took a gamble on him, got him on a free, and I personally think he's the best signing we've ever made(bear in mind we've only existed just over a decade!). After a slow start, he hit his first ICT goal at Ibrox...a stunning 30yarder, then never looked back. He bagged 20 goals for us in his first season last year. This year he's only got 6, but that's more indicative of the teams play than Craigs form. Importantly, he's been practically injury free for the past few seasons now.

He's easily the best player I've ever seen in a Caley shirt. His control, his passing, his pace(he's incredibly fast), his non stop harrassing of defenders all make him a class player. Many Caley fans think he's too good for us as half our team can't read the superb off the ball runs he makes every game! He's also a very confident player, not arrogant, just very sure of his own abilities.

He really is a class player and I've no doubt if Craig does head south he'll be a big hit. I hope he doesn't leave us obviously, but if he does I'd rather him head to England than another SPL club, where no doubt he'll return to haunt us time after time.

Anyway, all the best for the rest of your season

PS...Dargs is only wee, but he can be a fiery ****er at times!

Hi All from an ICT fan

There's rumours up here that Dargo may well be joining yourselves. He's out of contract in the summer and has yet to sign the new one we've offered him.

For your info, Craig was seen as one of the bright young stars when he burst on the scene at Raith. He did well there and was snapped up by Kilmarnock where, unfortunately, his time was blighted by injuries. He became so injury prone that even when back to full fitness he'd fallen so much out of favour he was practically a reserve team player.

Caley took a gamble on him, got him on a free, and I personally think he's the best signing we've ever made(bear in mind we've only existed just over a decade!). After a slow start, he hit his first ICT goal at Ibrox...a stunning 30yarder, then never looked back. He bagged 20 goals for us in his first season last year. This year he's only got 6, but that's more indicative of the teams play than Craigs form. Importantly, he's been practically injury free for the past few seasons now.

He's easily the best player I've ever seen in a Caley shirt. His control, his passing, his pace(he's incredibly fast), his non stop harrassing of defenders all make him a class player. Many Caley fans think he's too good for us as half our team can't read the superb off the ball runs he makes every game! He's also a very confident player, not arrogant, just very sure of his own abilities.

He really is a class player and I've no doubt if Craig does head south he'll be a big hit. I hope he doesn't leave us obviously, but if he does I'd rather him head to England than another SPL club, where no doubt he'll return to haunt us time after time.

Anyway, all the best for the rest of your season

PS...Dargs is only wee, but he can be a fiery ****er at times!

hot damn! you've made him sound incredible! your not his agent are you..?

but in all seriousness, thanks for the report/heads up. almost feel bad for you if we do sign him now...

only worrying thing in how you mention he'd score more if the team around him could play to his level. not fully convined he'd get much better chances from the rest of our team but on your evidence we'll take him anyway!

good luck with you season too

hot damn! you've made him sound incredible! your not his agent are you..?

but in all seriousness, thanks for the report/heads up. almost feel bad for you if we do sign him now...

only worrying thing in how you mention he'd score more if the team around him could play to his level. not fully convined he'd get much better chances from the rest of our team but on your evidence we'll take him anyway!

good luck with you season too

Nah, not his agent :whistle2:

When you've seen the pish we have to put up with you appreciate it when a decent player appears in your ranks!

Cheers for now.

Did I heard the word 'PACE' :o

I wont say anything sarcastic as I don't wish to be accused of being "holier than thou" again. But I would be more likely to take notice of this information than the stats. The trouble with the stats is that they give you an overall view, rather whats happening currently 18mths fit is pretty impressive and, ICT's current form, would be a consideration in his lack of goal scoring this term.

Archived