IGNORED

6 Points From 12 Over Xmas

bh_red

Well xmas is over, 6 points from 4 games,

not the best return, was hoping for 9 or 10, but taking into consideration that in all 4 games we went behind suppose we have to try to look at the only positive that at least the team haven't rolled over and died and keep on fighting until the are back in the game, it is a big worry though that we can't start games the way we finish them

On the bright side, forest only got 4 points over the same period, on the downside very worrying that the improving Oldham got 12 including stuffing forest, and Scunny got 10, though lets hope Sharp and Keogh get sold soon!

still unbeaten in 12, could be alot worse, but we need to improve from the start AND QUICKLY

now lets get a LEFT WINGER in and Brooker back fit! any other signings would be a bonus

Looking at the complete picture, I'm reasonably happy. Only thing that concerns me is going behind in so many games recently.

6 from 12 keeps us well in touch. We also have the opportunity to stuff a few teams at the top in the coming weeks. I'll reserve judgement on our season chances until after these games.

not the best return, was hoping for 9 or 10, but taking into consideration that in all 4 games we went behind suppose to have to try to look at the positive that at least the team haven't rolled over and died and keep on fighting until the are back in the game,

On the bright side, forest only got 4 points over the same period, very worrying that the improving Oldham got 12 including stuffing forest, and Scunny got 10, though lets hope Sharp and Keogh get sold soon!

still unbeaten in 12, could be alot worse.

now lets get a LEFT WINGER in, anything other signings would be a bonus

only 2 points behind oldham,and 3 behind scunny?ok we don't score many goals like these two teams and there is room for improvement but were still up there.

not the best return, was hoping for 9 or 10, but taking into consideration that in all 4 games we went behind suppose we have to try to look at the only positive that at least the team haven't rolled over and died and keep on fighting until the are back in the game, it is a big worry though that we can't start games the way we finish them

On the bright side, forest only got 4 points over the same period, on the downside very worrying that the improving Oldham got 12 including stuffing forest, and Scunny got 10, though lets hope Sharp and Keogh get sold soon!

still unbeaten in 12, could be alot worse, but we need to improve from the start AND QUICKLY

now lets get a LEFT WINGER in and Brooker back fit! any other signings would be a bonus

Fair play for being postive, but it's about what Bristol City do that counts, we will not win promotion due to the inability of the clubs mentioned. Our Christmas programe presented four winable fixtures, the point today would not have been so bad had we not exepriende the inept first half performances at Cheltenham and at home to Bournemouth.

The team have been resolute in fighting back in these fixtures, but if we are realistic in wanting promotion and I certainly am these fixtures are vital. From listening to the radio it appears that Gary Johnson is taking his frustration out on the supporters, he needs to concentrate on producing a promotion winning team, something he was made very clear when taking the job.

The pressures of managing Brsitol City FC are well documented and the club needs to deliver, it's better for people to be proactive in comment now rather than reactive in May when another good chance of promotion goes begging.

6 from 12 is no good in my eyes against teams we should of beat.The only team i thought we would of had trouble against we won(vale)

typical city, don't beat the teams we should easily, then manage to pull out results when really needed,

6 from 12 is not good no doubt about it, but the bright side is we are still in touch with top 2 and transfer window is now open.

Had we performed to the level we should expect (beating bottom half sides) we would be 3 points clear.

We need to improve to get promotion and I think we need 2 possibly 3 signings to improve enough.

A mood of cautious optimism is about right I think.

6 from 12 is no good in my eyes against teams we should of beat.The only team i thought we would of had trouble against we won(vale)

Of course it's good (although disappointing), We are well in the mix, Unbeaten in 12 and last season and previous seasons it would have been no points in those games (having fallen behind we'd have lost all of them), There is a fight and resillience to our team at last.

And unlike a lot of people on this forum, I am prepared to wait and see if we do sign a quality striker and left winger in this transfer window.

doing this promotion thing the hard way, 3 points from 3 games of which 3 sides

are looking at the drop is not great, city need to get their finger out :rolleyes:

Bournemouth 1 : 0 Brighton

Carlisle 1 : 0 Bradford

Chesterfield 2 : 0 Blackpool

Doncaster Rovers 3 : 0 Huddersfield

Leyton Orient 1 : 1 Bristol City

Millwall 4 : 1 Gillingham

Oldham 5 : 0 Nottm Forest

Port Vale 0 : 0 Scunthorpe

Swansea 2 : 0 Brentford

Tranmere 2 : 1 Rotherham

Yeovil 0 : 0 Northampton

League 1

1 Scunthorpe 49

2 Oldham 48

3 Nottm Forest 48

4 Bristol City 46

5 Swansea 42

6 Yeovil 42

7 Blackpool 41

8 Tranmere 41

typical city, don't beat the teams we should easily, then manage to pull out results when really needed,

6 from 12 is not good no doubt about it, but the bright side is we are still in touch with top 2 and transfer window is now open.

The window is open but is SL going to spend?

glass half full/glass half empty?.... let the battle commence!

ever optimistic myself, -but not over confident for the New Year after a Christmas fixture list that I thought would have yielded us a nice little cushion - think we're 'flying without wings' at the moment... when are the Robins going to take off convincingly?....or are we 'fluttering' to decieve?...

tbh we're still only in a play-off position more by luck than judgement - dropping out of the top six is just as feasible as getting into an auto position - ........ Half Full/Half Empty ? .... I just don't know at the moment, what do you lot think?

ps... I'd be more optimistic if the club announce that the EAST END will open soon, - an off-field boost for the fans that would create a 'BUZZ' around the club, think thats what we need - a infectious off-field buzz that reflects onto & throughout the team on the field. A 12th man.

It'd be a relatively cheap signing Mr Lansdown -one that could be worth a fortune!

Not quite the whole picture; 3 of the 4 teams we have played are in the bottom 5 we failed to beat; the one that isnt we did; :disapointed2se:

Those 3 pts could/should of been 9 the fact that they werent does not bode well :no:

Not quite the whole picture; 3 of the 4 teams we have played are in the bottom 5 we failed to beat; the one that isnt we did; :disapointed2se:

Those 3 pts could/should of been 9 the fact that they werent does not bode well :no:

Its bloody awful, considering the league positions, AND we insist on giving them a head start every game..........

Its bloody awful, considering the league positions, AND we insist on giving them a head start every game..........

To right, some say it was a good fight back etc, not dinnying that but come on we should be beating these teams :dunno:

Well I forecast " anything better than six points would be a bonus " and although I suffered all the usual C**P insults for saying so, turned out I was right.

I actually am quite positive about our away form - don't care if we draw them all - the problem is not putting our home games away against bottom half teams.

Brooker starts to look like a sick note on perpetual leave and that hurts us.

Results are funny in this division - NF stuffed today - but there is no clear front runner at the moment.

I honestly believe we are almost there - two or three astute signings ( not easy I know ) and we could be clear at the top by March.

Defence looks generally AOK, midfield could do with some strength but not so bad, real problem is lack of goals from the strikers.

IMO the combination of PJ / SB / ES or any 2 from the 3 as a starting line up is not good enough for auto promotion.

Every other side in the top six has a top scorer and we don't.

Twill cost us in what is going to be a tight finish.

Hence January window is key to our hopes.

Anyone strongly disagree with the above ?

A LEFT WINGER for the new year, PLEASE!

With a bit of 'tweaking' ...An effective Left Winger (then the 'strikeforce goals' would come) & a tough no nonsense Midfield 'General' (to inspire confidence & 'hold things together') + the East End (City's unique secret weapon of course) my glass would definately be half-full...

... & Bristol City with Sgt Johnson would not only 'take' League One, -but also be more than able to hold it's head high in the Championship next season.. -with some more than promising acadamy youngsters ready to be introduced at the right time, the futures bright the futures RED HOT...

(at the mo with the Christmas performances & results - it could easily go either way.. I still cant decide if my Glass is Half-Full or Half Empty.. (the EE is more than half empty though, -that'd swing it!) .. time to check our glasses peeps.. 1/2 full? or 1/2 empty? what would 'top it up' for you?)

With a bit of 'tweaking' ...An effective Left Winger (then the 'strikeforce goals' would come) & a tough no nonsense Midfield 'General' (to inspire confidence & 'hold things together') + the East End (City's unique secret weapon of course) my glass would definately be half-full...

... & Bristol City with Sgt Johnson would not only 'take' League One, -but also be more than able to hold it's head high in the Championship next season.. -with some more than promising acadamy youngsters ready to be introduced at the right time, the futures bright the futures RED HOT...

(at the mo with the Christmas performances & results - it could easily go either way.. I still cant decide if my Glass is Half-Full or Half Empty.. (the EE is more than half empty though, -that'd swing it!) .. time to check our glasses peeps.. 1/2 full? or 1/2 empty? what would 'top it up' for you?)

had a look around and apart from players in our league (which championship clubs are after) their isn't much real quality in this league on the left wing, which means either a league 2 winger looking to step up, or a championship/premiership reserve looking to kick start.

problem is neither of those 2 options are ideal, last time we got promoted we managed to find a decent winger mid season from a prem club who added pace, quality and goals, some bloke from Villa called Murray? :dunno: god knows where he came from?

if Johnson can find someone from Scotland whose interested than great, so where do we go?

PERSONALLY...........and I don't like saying this as "personally" I don't partically like him but, what about Aaron Brown? hopefully getting the boot by QPR and ending up in league 2 with swindon has sorted out his attitude problem

so at the right price? anyone else reckon he's worth a pop, I just can't make my mind up?

as for Forwards and our strike force, Brooker we know can do the business when fit and he's getting their, Enoch has looked good so far, which leaves that enigma in Phil Jevons, he isn't scoring freely as we expected or as he has done in the past, people say confidence could be a problem, but you have to look at the service he is getting, he is no doubt a very good player technically and with the ball at his feet looks good, however how many times this season has he had quality service to his feet, which is where he excels? not many, hopefully if we can get a left winger we can get the best out of him

Aaron Brows is about as far from the Johnson mentality as it is possible to get. There's no way that would work.

Either a young player from a prem club on loan or someone like Demontagnac from Walsall would do me as long as they're left footed, quick and able to cross.

Lets be fair there are alot of teams in this league not doing well but have picked up lately......

Saying that we are in a good position not top but there abouts, in two cups and doing well as we have already had alot of things go wrong regarding the playing staff.

So 2007 here we come and lets get outta this league and get some cup money in.

We will support City whatever and lets celebrate that, we are healthy and still theres more to come!!!

:chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez:

Having seen all but todays game,it quite clearly shows in black and white the points taken are not acceptable.

6 from 12 just is not good enough,10 from 12 was a acceptable level with the particular games and teams played.

Three of the games, we came back from goals behind to earn wins or draws.

Quite frankly GJ says he may go with what he has got.To me and every Tom d### and Harry WE NEED THREE QUALITY PLAYERS IF THIS CHAIRMAN,Manager and club want promotion.

A proven goalscorer,A left sided player,and a quality midfield general.

If this club wish to move forward and upward, as we are lead to believe the first two need addressing now,not next month but now,we have been lucky to take the points that we have gained.

We certainly have not played well over any of the games.Goals are hard to come by lets see some mettle from this board cus on the last 4 games we aint top two material.

Oldham have been my dark horses for a long while,Blackpool are coming good,little scunny seem to be hanging on to there best players FAR PLAY TO THEM,christ we get a wiff of a few quid and we sell.

SL you need to invest if you wish to take this club onward,we are not a million miles away from the dream.lets not balls it up like the Brighton fiasco a couple of years ago.

A little birdie told me, it did not happen cus the club could not financially afford it that time.GOING UP I hope it can this time around.

Aaron Brows is about as far from the Johnson mentality as it is possible to get. There's no way that would work.

Either a young player from a prem club on loan or someone like Demontagnac from Walsall would do me as long as they're left footed, quick and able to cross.

my thoughts exactly, however if he has changed his attitude since he left city, then worth a pop, unlikely though

haven't seen much of Demontagnac, just a case of who else is interested and could we compete with them, problem is these days alot more of the championship clubs are willing to take the risk on league 2 players which makes it tough for us if we are interested, thing is he hasn't played that many games himself and could rightly be said by some, is he any better than Jennison? or even Scott Brown

Having seen all but todays game,it quite clearly shows in black and white the points taken are not acceptable.

6 from 12 just is not good enough,10 from 12 was a acceptable level with the particular games and teams played.

Three of the games, we came back from goals behind to earn wins or draws.

Quite frankly GJ says he may go with what he has got.To me and every Tom d### and Harry WE NEED THREE QUALITY PLAYERS IF THIS CHAIRMAN,Manager and club want promotion.

A proven goalscorer,A left sided player,and a quality midfield general.

If this club wish to move forward and upward, as we are lead to believe the first two need addressing now,not next month but now,we have been lucky to take the points that we have gained.

We certainly have not played well over any of the games.Goals are hard to come by lets see some mettle from this board cus on the last 4 games we aint top two material.

Oldham have been my dark horses for a long while,Blackpool are coming good,little scunny seem to be hanging on to there best players FAR PLAY TO THEM,christ we get a wiff of a few quid and we sell.

SL you need to invest if you wish to take this club onward,we are not a million miles away from the dream.lets not balls it up like the Brighton fiasco a couple of years ago.

A little birdie told me, it did not happen cus the club could not financially afford it that time.I hope it can this time around.

Abit harsh in my book, i am glad my season ticket is paid for but lets get behind the boys... or else i will get my boots on!!

A little birdie told me, it did not happen cus the club could not financially afford it that time.I hope it can this time around.

actually I think you will find it didn't happen before because we lost 1-0 to brighton!

either way, nothing new in this posting that wasn't already already mentioned in http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=71870

mods, mergey, mergey

Bit of a drama queen aren't you mate ?!

I do agree with the positions that you say need filling but to say that we needed 10 from 12 is a bit OTT in my opinion. There is still a very long way to go and we are still in with a great chance IF the chairman gets his wallet out and we buy the right players.

If the last sentence of what you say is true then we are all wasting our time anyway and it does in a way sum up this underachieving Board of Directors - I can't believe that we threw that game as you seem to suggest but if we did then that is obviously scandalous.

Not banging in the goals that's true. But come on, 3 points off top and still not in top form. Not bad me thinks for a team yet to hit our potential form. If we do we are home and dry. S****horpe, Forest, Oldham and Blackpool have all hit form and scored goals and now Forest are not doing so well. So if the others break down a bit, our consistency and a couple more goals will take us up automatically.

Its the best position we have been in for year's so let's enjoy it and compliment the players on doing so well and keeping us interested!

To right, some say it was a good fight back etc, not dinnying that but come on we should be beating these teams :dunno:

We may have sorted out the boozing culture (ALLEGEDLY), and be playing some nice football at times, but THIS team really aint good enough, it works hard, but too many just aint got the quality to get promoted, let alone play in the championship.

We don't have enough experienced professionals among us, and fewer leaders, hence the increase in bookings of Carey, and our strike force just don't have the edge to them.

Archived