IGNORED

Wine And Cheesley 2 - Thursday 11th January

Dollymarie

On the 11th of January, (thats next Thursday) the Second Wine and Cheesley evening will be happening. It will be held in the Supporters Club lounge at Ashton Gate, and starts at 7:30pm.

Paul Cheesley the Supporters Trust Honourary President will be hosting the evening, and Somerfield Supermarket have kindly donated a wide range of the wines and cheeses to sample for free. There will be a full bar service for those of you that want to come along but not not drink wine.

Entry is free, but as we are looking to raise some funds for the Trust and Bristol City Womens Football Club (who very much need the funds also), a donation of £2 on arrival is politely suggested.

There will be a raffle on the evening, and some of the prizes donated so far include a bottle of bubbly, wine, a blender, and a camera. (Anyone who would like to donate any other prizes please PM me)

We hope to see as many of you as possible there to help raise funds for two worthy causes. Please feel free to add to this thread if you have any questions.

On the 11th of January, (thats next Thursday) the Second Wine and Cheesley evening will be happening. It will be held in the Supporters Club lounge at Ashton Gate, and starts at 7:30pm.

Paul Cheesley the Supporters Trust Honourary President will be hosting the evening, and Somerfield Supermarket have kindly donated a wide range of the wines and cheeses to sample for free. There will be a full bar service for those of you that want to come along but not not drink wine.

Entry is free, but as we are looking to raise some funds for the Trust and Bristol City Womens Football Club (who very much need the funds also), a donation of £2 on arrival is politely suggested.

There will be a raffle on the evening, and some of the prizes donated so far include a bottle of bubbly, wine, a blender, and a camera. (Anyone who would like to donate any other prizes please PM me)

We hope to see as many of you as possible there to help raise funds for two worthy causes. Please feel free to add to this thread if you have any questions.

Is it a date? :whistle2:

Well I have never felt so rejected and am contemplating suicide, but yeah, might see you there. :disapointed2se:

Its for a good cause, and I'll even pour you a glass of wine if you come and introduce yourself. I'll be the harassed one looking something like my avatar.

OK, so we have:

• 36 bottles of red & white wine plus 2 bottles of port
  • A seriously large amount of cheese
  • A current first team player should be popping along
  • A City legend hosting - Paul Cheesley
  • BCWFC members
  • A raffle that has prizes such as a £60 red glass vase, jug blender, knife set, bottle of bubbly etc.
  • Full bar facilities
  • A chance to meet with Trust members & board members
  • A chance to pick up tickets for the Ashton Gate Eight event in Feb
Hope to see you all there. Tonight (Thursday 11th Jan) 7:30pm - Supporters Club Lounge under the Dolman Stand.

Entry, plus cheese & wine tasting is free. :)

Well, how did it go?

Really well, thanks. We were given a stack of wines to sample & all decent quality (around £5-£8 RRP). The cheeses were also fantastic. The retail value on everything would have exceeded £250. Everyone got stuck in and anything left at the end of the evening was sold off in order to raise more funds.

Paul Cheesley was his usual hospitable self & helped host the night nicely. A stack of the BCWFC came along plus their club president Mrs. Lansdown. Around £200 was raised for BCWFC and we'll be looking to raise fund for the BCFC Ability team with the next one (planned for the summer and will probably involve a BBQ).

We also managed to use the evening to sell more tickets for the Ashton Gate Eight dinner in Feb (tickets are now VERY limited folks).

All in all, it was a good night. It didn't cost the Trust a penny to arrange and any monies raised were split between BCWFC and the Trust. Big thanks to Somerfield for their very kind help as of late. Not only did they donate a large selection of wines and cheeses but they also saved us £400 by printing the AG8 flyers that were handed out on Boxing Day.

Archived