IGNORED

The Junction

aller g

Not sure if its been posted, or if it means anything to anyone but...

taken from bbc.co.uk

There are fears The Junction on Stokes Croft could be taken over by a national pub chain.

Various financial difficulties, including a big tax bill are threatening its future.

Two gigs have already taken place with more planned in the New Year and online donations are being organised via the MySpace website.

"There needs to be a place where bands who may not otherwise get a gig can perform live and it's not somewhere where you need to be hugely funded," said local musician Alexander Thomas.

"It's one of the few places where you can do stuff with people nobody's ever heard of and still make it work so if it goes it'll make life very difficult for bands who're just starting out to do a viable gig," said Theo Berry, a local music promoter who has put a lot of bands on at The Junction.

:noexpression:

Not sure if its been posted, or if it means anything to anyone but...

taken from bbc.co.uk

:noexpression:

Yeah it looks like its going to happen. I've got a MySpace page and they've been sending round bulletins trying to drum up support for it. Never been there myself, I think that there are lots of people the same as me - i.e. have heard its good but have never been.

Archived