IGNORED

People Say We Need A Ball Winner

And Its Smith

I don't necessarily agree but a month or so back I suggested Lee Williamson from Rotherham. Ball winner who can score goals as 6 in 19 this season shows. Barnsley have had a bid of 200k turned down as other clubs have bidded more.

http://home.skysports.com/transferarticle.aspx?hlid=438984

I cant imagine we would be one of the clubs but you never know. Maybe 300k would see us as a front runner for this guy.

I don't necessarily agree but a month or so back I suggested Lee Williamson from Rotherham. Ball winner who can score goals as 6 in 19 this season shows. Barnsley have had a bid of 200k turned down as other clubs have bidded more.

http://home.skysports.com/transferarticle.aspx?hlid=438984

I cant imagine we would be one of the clubs but you never know. Maybe 300k would see us as a front runner for this guy.

I rate this player. He ran the show against us last season (and scored I think) even though we turned them over 3-1. More than decent player who, importantly, STICKS HIS FOOT IN A TACKLE.

Would be a good signing although he's been out injured lately.

They've turned down bids for him and Hoskins today.

I don't think we need a ball winner, more somebody that can use the thing when we've got it, ala Tinman.

And sadly they are at a premium, rarer than raw mince at the moment.Still £200k+ for a player to plug gaps in the middle would be a worthy investment.

And sadly they are at a premium, rarer than raw mince at the moment.Still £200k+ for a player to plug gaps in the middle would be a worthy investment.

The lad, IMHO is a better player than any of the five we have.

He could partner Skuse in a two and certainly make us more effective going forward than we are currently.

Trouble is that would mean dropping LJ and I can't see that happening.It would also mean even less opportunities for Russell,Noble & Brown and one would surely have to move on with my money being on Russell as the oldest.

How many times have you seen the lad play??

I've seen him play 2/3 times in the flesh and, at a guess, about 5/6 on TV, not including highlights.

I've seen enough of our players to come to that judgement and I've had a long held view that we are bereft of attacking flair and a true playmaker in midfield.

Although a striker and a left winger are the priority, I would still like to see us sign a Tinnion type player.

fair doose.

But surely we lack a muscular and dynamic presence in the middle of the park who will take games(especially away ones) by the scruff of the neck?? in Russel and johnson we have playmakers but not an all-action midfield player like Neil Danns was as Colchester last season!

fair doose.

But surely we lack a muscular and dynamic presence in the middle of the park who will take games(especially away ones) by the scruff of the neck?? in Russel and johnson we have playmakers but not an all-action midfield player like Neil Danns was as Colchester last season!

Danns was more of an attacking player and not currently getting game at Birmingham, so you nevr know GJ might look at him on loan. :D Opinion seems divided between a Gerry Gow type or more of a Tinnion/Kavanagh type and either would do a job as a leader that we lack in midfield.

If we play with two wingers as opposed to wide midfield players, I think two more anchor type midfielders in Skuse & Noble are the best combination from what we have, although neither will do much in the goals dept.

If we have someone like Scott Brown in the wide left role then we may be able to get away with LJ in the centre with Skuse who is our best defensive midfielder.It's all about balance and getting the combination right, not just having good players.......as Sven proved!!

Archived