IGNORED

Rosenior Bullied At The City

Whale Eye Beef Hooked

According to the Guardian and the Evil Post, Liam has said that during his time @ the City he was bullied. He had his clothes and Boots damaged ( alleg ). He admited that he might have come across as an outspoken individual ( chip on shoulder !!! ).

One.. Two.. Three.. aaaahhhhh :handbags:

Doesn't come across as someone with a chip on his shoulder in this interview the incider folks did.

Always seemed to me like one of the more well adjusted young footballers - perhaps because he's been around the game through his dad for such a long time.

I imagine that what the bleeding heart liberals that write in the Guardian consider bullying is considered normal winding up of the apprentice everywhere else.

Doesn't come across as someone with a chip on his shoulder in this interview the incider folks did.

Always seemed to me like one of the more well adjusted young footballers - perhaps because he's been around the game through his dad for such a long time.

I imagine that what the bleeding heart liberals that write in the Guardian consider bullying is considered normal winding up of the apprentice everywhere else.

Yep fair enough. He does come across well in that interview. Unfortunatly i had believed some of the views of some of the people on here that he was a big time charlie. I am happy to admit that i could have been wrong. :innocent06:

Interesting article on the WDP site today:

CITY'S SHOCK AT ROSENIOR CLAIMS

More Headlines | Back to home page

Be the first reader to comment on this story

BY NATHAN JONES N.JONES@BEPP.CO.UK

08:00 - 04 January 2007

Bristol City last night insisted they had no record of Liam Rosenior complaining of being bullied while he was at Ashton Gate.

The England under-21 international defender, pictured in action for Fulham against Charlton last month, has alleged he had his boots cut up and clothes defaced during his teenage years at City.

Speaking to the Guardian, Rosenior said: "I'd come into the club to discover my boots were missing or cut to pieces.

"People would write things I can't repeat by my peg or on my clothes and draw bad pictures of me. It was crazy.

"It hasn't really come out but I found it really hard to get on with people at City. It was a testing time for me. It was partly my fault.

"I'm a confident person and it came across in the wrong way. I was outspoken and said things I shouldn't have.

"There was an atmosphere and it was hard for me to push on with my career. I thought about leaving football altogether before I moved to Fulham."

City chief executive Colin Sexstone said: "We are now talking some years on (Rosenior left City in 2003). I'm not aware of any such instance that was brought to my or the board's attention.

"If anything had we would have investigated any claim. We wouldn't stand for any harassment of our players."

Danny Wilson was the manager of City during Rosenior's time in the first-team. Now in charge at Hartlepool, he expressed similar surprise at Rosenior's comments.

He said: "It's nothing at all that I knew about at the time.

"His father (Leroy) was at the club (as a coach) so I would be very surprised. We would have cracked down on it if anything like that had happened."

Leroy Rosenior said his son had a difficult time at City but would not comment on the allegations.

"He had a difficult time there," he said. "People thought he was getting favourable attention which he has proved to be incorrect because he is now a regular playing in the Premier League.

"I treated him in exactly the same way as I would treat any player.

"Bristol City have moved on under Gary Johnson and are doing really well now and Liam has moved on as well."

Rosenior starred as a midfielder or striker for City and helped them win the LDV Vans Trophy by setting up one goal and scoring the other against Carlisle in the final at the Millennium Stadium.

He left after City failed to send him an offer of a new contract in time and he joined Fulham for a nominal fee.

City have since proved themselves to be an effective production line for young players, with Leroy Lita and Dave Cotterill joining Rosenior in the Premiership.

well if certain players thought he was getting favorable treatment then perhaps they were the ones with the problem not Liam?

Liam during his time at City was without doubt technically one of the best players at the club as he has shown since, unsure why it has come up, but interesting that Leroy who was a coach knew about it, however the manager, Chief Exec and Chairman are totally unaware.

if it was that much of a problem why not complain to Wilson or the Chairman?

of course it could just be normal footballing pranks that happen and he took it in the wrong spirit? much like the sort of stuff that used to happen at Wimbledon in the 80's/90's where players clothes were be set on fire.

Is Nathan Jones the sag head that works for the Evil Post?

Seems an awful lot of effort to go to in order to put together a negative article about City...

Reporter for EP and WDP, and sometimes assistant commentator assistant at City matches on Radio Bristol.

Didn't know he was a sag though?

Guest MaloneFM
Seems an awful lot of effort to go to in order to put together a negative article about City...

Am awful lot of effort? He goes into the Sheepskin and Motson the way I did. Takes a look at the paper on the floor of the loo and thinks RO....SE...NYOOR where have I heard that name before?

5 days later the fairy light in his head flickers through the Silk Cut and Thatchers and he's on the phone to Steve Purdown.

Your uncle knew wee Liam when he played for Shire Colts. Gobby little sod that cried when they lost but his old man was a decent cove and always had a word for old Rog.

I can't say what that word was in polite company.

Am awful lot of effort? He goes into the Sheepskin and Motson the way I did. Takes a look at the paper on the floor of the loo and thinks RO....SE...NYOOR where have I heard that name before?

5 days later the fairy light in his head flickers through the Silk Cut and Thatchers and he's on the phone to Steve Purdown.

Your uncle knew wee Liam when he played for Shire Colts. Gobby little sod that cried when they lost but his old man was a decent cove and always had a word for old Rog.

I can't say what that word was in polite company.

He's got quotes from Wonderson, Leroy and Sextoys in there - that's 3 whole phone calls. 3 more than they made to verify the racism complaint that made near the front page last year. That's the EP equivalent of a shot at the Pulitzer prize.

Interesting article on the WDP site today:

CITY'S SHOCK AT ROSENIOR CLAIMS

More Headlines | Back to home page

Be the first reader to comment on this story

BY NATHAN JONES N.JONES@BEPP.CO.UK

08:00 - 04 January 2007

Bristol City last night insisted they had no record of Liam Rosenior complaining of being bullied while he was at Ashton Gate.

The England under-21 international defender, pictured in action for Fulham against Charlton last month, has alleged he had his boots cut up and clothes defaced during his teenage years at City.

Speaking to the Guardian, Rosenior said: "I'd come into the club to discover my boots were missing or cut to pieces.

"People would write things I can't repeat by my peg or on my clothes and draw bad pictures of me. It was crazy.

"It hasn't really come out but I found it really hard to get on with people at City. It was a testing time for me. It was partly my fault.

"I'm a confident person and it came across in the wrong way. I was outspoken and said things I shouldn't have.

"There was an atmosphere and it was hard for me to push on with my career. I thought about leaving football altogether before I moved to Fulham."

City chief executive Colin Sexstone said: "We are now talking some years on (Rosenior left City in 2003). I'm not aware of any such instance that was brought to my or the board's attention.

"If anything had we would have investigated any claim. We wouldn't stand for any harassment of our players."

Danny Wilson was the manager of City during Rosenior's time in the first-team. Now in charge at Hartlepool, he expressed similar surprise at Rosenior's comments.

He said: "It's nothing at all that I knew about at the time.

"His father (Leroy) was at the club (as a coach) so I would be very surprised. We would have cracked down on it if anything like that had happened."

Leroy Rosenior said his son had a difficult time at City but would not comment on the allegations.

"He had a difficult time there," he said. "People thought he was getting favourable attention which he has proved to be incorrect because he is now a regular playing in the Premier League.

"I treated him in exactly the same way as I would treat any player.

"Bristol City have moved on under Gary Johnson and are doing really well now and Liam has moved on as well."

Rosenior starred as a midfielder or striker for City and helped them win the LDV Vans Trophy by setting up one goal and scoring the other against Carlisle in the final at the Millennium Stadium.

He left after City failed to send him an offer of a new contract in time and he joined Fulham for a nominal fee.

City have since proved themselves to be an effective production line for young players, with Leroy Lita and Dave Cotterill joining Rosenior in the Premiership.

Blimey if he thinks thats bad he should have been an engineering apprentice in the 70's. The blokes took the p*** and pranked about continuously making some of our lives a bit of a misery.

Guest MaloneFM

Obviously a man that hasn't seen the likes of Ian Baird, Roberts or Torpey.

Excuse my cynicism but I was absolutely shocked to see this massive headline claiming that a bullying culture existed down at Ashton Gate (how the events of three years ago relate to headline news today is anyone's guess) and when I delved deeper into the middle paragraphs I then read Rosenior saying that he was partly to blame.

In other words, the arrogant, cocky little **** with too much mouth who was upsetting senior professionals at the time probably deserved everything he got. Didn't stop the negative spin by the Evil Post though did it? So for all you happy clappies out there why don't you write to the Editor of the Evening Post in your happy clappy little hordes (as the likes of Milo and myself have done previously when we feel they have wronged the club) and accuse them of trying to undermine our promotion campaign in the same way you do whenever someone posts something you consider slightly negative or dares question any action of Gary Johnson?

Huh? regardless if it happened or not, why would he bring it up now? It seems a publicity grab, maybe he's looking to set up another move.

In fairness to Liam, the Evening Post have seen his interview in the guardian last week and jumped on it and tried to turn it into a massive story when actually it was just a minor mention in an article about Liam's Career and his chances of being called up for England in the future,

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Columnists/...,1980280,00.htm

obviously quite week in the news room at the EP, also Liam has hinted of their being a problem in his Incider interview a few years back,

http://www.theincider.com/backissues/14/features/liam.php (on a side note, very good interview and a very good website that is sorely missed!)

personally despite some people really disliking him, I don't see what he did wrong, he was out of contract, wasn't officially offered a contract by City and so left with the offer of a contract from Premiership club, if anyone screwed up it was SL and CS for not making sure he had the contract offer in time.

Excuse my cynicism but I was absolutely shocked to see this massive headline claiming that a bullying culture existed down at Ashton Gate (how the events of three years ago relate to headline news today is anyone's guess) and when I delved deeper into the middle paragraphs I then read Rosenior saying that he was partly to blame.

In other words, the arrogant, cocky little **** with too much mouth who was upsetting senior professionals at the time probably deserved everything he got. Didn't stop the negative spin by the Evil Post though did it? So for all you happy clappies out there why don't you write to the Editor of the Evening Post in your happy clappy little hordes (as the likes of Milo and myself have done previously when we feel they have wronged the club) and accuse them of trying to undermine our promotion campaign in the same way you do whenever someone posts something you consider slightly negative or dares question any action of Gary Johnson?

I didn't think that the headline claimed that there was a bullying culture at AG, i think it claimed that City were shocked by the allegation. My guess at the reason that the EP decided to run the story now is because it felt (rightly imo) that the story merited coverage and also because that it had only just come to light. I also fail to see how the EP has added a negative spin; it was not a positive story from City's point of view in the first place and all the EP did was to quote the article from the Guardian then add comments from the club's senior representatives at that time. In doing this, they gave us a chance to defend ourselves (surely not the behaviour of an organisation hell bent on ruining us?)

As for writing to the EP to accuse it of trying undermine our promotion campaign; I don't think many will be doing this. Why? Because the EP is not trying to undermine our campaign, there is no conspiracy. What the EP is trying to do is to sell more papers, that's all.

Archived