IGNORED

Phil Jevons - Fa Cup Or Promotion

Andy082005

Interesting to read him saying on the website that out of a FA Cup Winners Medal or Promotion, he'd take the FA Cup medal everytime.

Just interested to know what everyone else thinks? Its a 400-1 shot :banana: but what would everyone prefer this season, if they had the choice.

Winning the FA Cup :shifty: or getting out of this poxy league

I would take Promotion everytime :city:

Interesting to read him saying on the website that out of a FA Cup Winners Medal or Promotion, he'd take the FA Cup medal everytime.

Just interested to know what everyone else thinks? Its a 400-1 shot :banana: but what would everyone prefer this season, if they had the choice.

Hmmm, thats a toughie. I think I would go for FA Cup this season and promotion the next. I can put up with one more season in this poor excuse for a league as long as we had UEFA cup football as well. Plus the publicity and money from winning the cup would be massive.

i would like to see a get automatic promotion as i cant remember the last time :crying:

the highest point i have had must be watching Hartlepool fans crying as roberts scored the winner ...back in the days, what an atmosphere there was!! :rolleyes:

He's only saying that, cos it's the only time he scores! (so Mrs Jevons said)

is he that daft? gotta be promotion everytime!

I think the financial bonus of european football would make me go for Winning the F.A cup. Plus the revenue for beating the larger teams on our route to the final. Either that or some larger club may pay us off for our place in the Uefa cup. Hopefully all that extra finance would gain us premotion the following year and also buy us sufficiant quality to stay up and maybe push for further promotion. But one step at a time i guess.

is he that daft? gotta be promotion everytime!

See I totally agree with you, maybe this is why teams like Everton and Ipswich (and Millwall), performed so badly in the league during the seasons when they were concentrating on things like UEFA Cup football more

My view is the league is where the bread and butter is, winning a Cups nice, but its a one off

i would like to see a get automatic promotion as i cant remember the last time :crying:

I can't remember the last time we won the FA Cup myself... :whistle2:

Come on! It's CLEARLY winning the FA Cup. Would you rather our record was that we got promoted to Division 2 in 2007 or that we won the FA Cup? The fact that people are even debating this shows how crazy our fans are.

Has to be winning the FA Cup - a truly historical event. We'd still probably moan that we didn't win it well enough! :laugh:

very tough question, but if we got that far, I'd have to say FA Cup, the financial benefit's and exposure for the club would be fantastic, surely after an event like that it could only help the club grow,

with reference to Millwall, it did help them........however season or so later, the club got bought out and the chairman p'd off the man who got the club to the final Dennis Wise, who promptly quit and they never recovered

An F.A.Cup win would be a once in a lifetime triumph recognised the world over and shouting from the history books forever.

We all strive for promotion, but if things then went badly (again) we could be looking at probable relegation before the year was even out. :(

An F.A.Cup win wouldn't be just "a Cup win", it would be the Cup win that would almost certainly be the outstanding highlight of every City supporters' time following the club. :city:

An F.A.Cup win would be a once in a lifetime triumph recognised the world over and shouting from the history books forever.

We all strive for promotion, but if things then went badly (again) we could be looking at probable relegation before the year was even out. :(

An F.A.Cup win wouldn't be just "a Cup win", it would be the Cup win that would almost certainly be the outstanding highlight of every City supporters' time following the club. :city:

Promotion everytime! Give me a season of better matches and everything else thats goes with promotion over a nice day out at Wembley.

I mean had Millwall beat Man Utd would any of there fans give a **** now? I seriously doubt it.

Would be interesting to know if Millwall fans would rather still be in the Championship or won the cup.

..Didnt he mention the ... J P T ?

tch, typical lack of ambition!

What do we want with the bl**dy UEFA cup thingy?.. who wants all that lot coming over here?

.. Who invented the game in the first place..yeah US the Brits.

.. Footballs British just like Johnstons Paints British, so for me its gotta be the J.P.T. everytime.

..Win that & we can all paint the town RED!!... ;)

Hopeful though this debate is I will pitch in.

I would go for winning the FA Cup. Not reaching the final or anything rubbish like that- but winning it.

We've won promotion before and we will again. We've never won the FA Cup and last reached the final almost 100 years ago. We last won promotion only 9 years back (so so very long ago!).

Winning the FA Cup would quite simply be magical and amazing and to win a major tournament would have to come before one promotion. Getting to the final, being thumped and getting relegated the next season would be less fun.

Archived