IGNORED

Ex-city Players / Yeovil (merged Topics)

freezer

Not really City related...but I bet Tom has better things to do at this time of night so i'll gamble.

Yeovil are 3-0 up on Huddersfield, 36 minutes gone.

Playing through them like they are Barcelona.

Just saying really that it looks like we may have had the bum part of the deal with the Yeovil fella's.

The football they're playing with their passing game makes us look like Brentford.

As for their midfield duo...puts Russell and Johnno to shame.

Roll on some decent signings I say because we're currently slipping to 5th.

This isnt a moan, just a reality check, we aint that hot in this division at the moment!

:noexpression:

Guest SarahB
If anyone is in doubt as to why a lot of us have been moaning about the way we play take a look at Yeovil tonight. I appreciate that Huddersfield look on a downer but bags of pace, intelligent movement, good passing. They should have had six - bloody depressing. :(

Are you watching GJ?

Yeah they do look a decent side thats for sure. Why didn't Stewart play like that for us? This is what i can't understand.

Because he was played out of position for us, he's now playing for a manager who'se got a tactical brain!

Were you watching the same game. Yeovil were 3-0 up and the first time Stewart's name was mentioned on Sky was when he was trudging off for his pint at half-time. I know he was a popular signing but we can't afford romance or sentimentality.

"He didn't pull up any trees" as someone once said. I wouldn't exactly be circling his name as a potential new striker now either. Sorry if this upsets people but we need to push forward and not look back. Although if miracles happen and he starts scoring for us I'll eat my loin cloth!

Were you watching the same game. Yeovil were 3-0 up and the first time Stewart's name was mentioned on Sky was when he was trudging off for his pint at half-time. I know he was a popular signing but we can't afford romance or sentimentality.

"He didn't pull up any trees" as someone once said. I wouldn't exactly be circling his name as a potential new striker now either. Sorry if this upsets people but we need to push forward and not look back. Although if miracles happen and he starts scoring for us I'll eat my loin cloth!

Sorry but you obviously have hearing problems as the commentators praised Stewarts performance continously throughout the game and you probably also didn't notice that he was applauded off the pitch by both sets of supporters. I was merely answering the question "why did he not perform for us like that?" and my opinion is that he was not played in the same position for us that he was for Yeovil last night. Not being sentimental just stating facts.

Sorry but you obviously have hearing problems as the commentators praised Stewarts performance continously throughout the game and you probably also didn't notice that he was applauded off the pitch by both sets of supporters. I was merely answering the question "why did he not perform for us like that?" and my opinion is that he was not played in the same position for us that he was for Yeovil last night. Not being sentimental just stating facts.

Whilst I'm not conversant with the current tactics employed by Yeovil's management (is Stewart playing up front or what?) the guy can be applauded by all sets of fans if he isn't scoring then as a striker (if that's what he is) he isn't forfilling his duty.

You're right I may have hearing problems. When I wrote my initial reply I couldn't recall his name being mentioned. Although my eyesight is up to scratch and according to the BBC web site Stewart hasn't scored since October and against opposition from a higher league 3 of our strikers found the net yesterday.

Whilst I'm not conversant with the current tactics employed by Yeovil's management (is Stewart playing up front or what?) the guy can be applauded by all sets of fans if he isn't scoring then as a striker (if that's what he is) he isn't forfilling his duty.

You're right I may have hearing problems. When I wrote my initial reply I couldn't recall his name being mentioned. Although my eyesight is up to scratch and according to the BBC web site Stewart hasn't scored since October and against opposition from a higher league 3 of our strikers found the net yesterday.

He isn't being played as a striker, he's is playing in the hole behind the front 2 linking the play from midfield. Although he didn't score on Friday, he was involved in all 3 goals and set up several other good chances, therefore more than fullfilling his duty.

Archived