IGNORED

The Future

RedTide

SIZE=14]Been reading the post about Miller and Wilkshire, and it got me thinking. I just think that no-one at the club plays for DW.

Whatever strengths as a manager he's got, motivation isn't one of them. When a player is subbed, he doesn't even acknowledge them, let alone pat them on the back. He calls every other club in the world, even Bradford Park Avenue, a great side. He said Luton, for instance, were hard to break down, but they'd shipped 21 goals in 8 games before we played them!

So Miller and Wilkshire might well do it in time, but we have to wait til he's gone and we get gary Johnson, who is always totally gutted if his side loses, doesn't say his strikers played well if they missed chances and always expects his team to be better than the opposition.

One consolation is the squad. It's not has beens, like say Tottenham or Bolton, or neverwillbes, like the Gas, but young, capable players. I looked at the ages of the squad and their location, see below, and that - above all - gives me hope.

1. Bath 25

2. Bristol 26

3. Newcastle 32

4. Bristol 24

5. Stockport 31

6. Bristol 22

7. Australia 22

8. Bristol 23

9. Scotland 27

10. Scotland 20

11. Durham 35

12. Bristol 23

14. Preston 38 (GK)

15. Plymouth 23

16. Shaftesbury 22

17. Middlesbrough 24

18. Cardiff 24

19. Bristol 22

20. Kenton 21

22. Bristol 21

24. Tiverton 21

25. London 21

27. Congo 19

28. Bristol 19

29. Bristol 19

30. Telford 19

Squad total: 26 players (2 goalkeepers, 9 defenders, 8 midfielders, 7 strikers)

No of Bristol lads:09

No of local lads: 14

Average age: 24 (23 if you take out Tins and Stowell!)

Good shout smiler

Danny Wilson, the manager that can't/wont motivate is the weakest link. Bye, bye Wilson - but hang on!!!! Wilson may actually want the sack and maybe happy for his 3 year contract to be paid up and it seems Steve Lansdown may not want to pay. :D Danny Wilson got into the same position at Sheff Weds and got paid off - we've been had !!!

I agree that a motivator is required. Amankwaah's attitude ws disgraceful against Luton but that must point to dressing room unrest which is bad news for the team's chances this season.

As I said before, all is not well in the State of Denmark.

Archived