IGNORED

Ticket Prices

Big Nose

From the Sky Blues Mad site folks:

"Prices have finally been agreed by The FA, Coventry City and Bristol City for the FA Cup Third Round Replay at the Arena on Tuesday January 16th at 7.45pm.

Coventry City had wanted to charge £12 adults and £6 concessions. However, The FA, who get a share of the gate receipts, stipulate in their competition rule book that the minimum admission price is £15 whilst The Robins also had their say.

It has been agreed that the price will now be £17 for adults,£10 concessions and £6 for kids, the same as for the game at Ashton Gate on Saturday.

The tickets should be available from Tuesday (Jan 9) morning with Season Ticket Holders having his priority on their seat."

Seems Coventry wanted to make it a deal but the FA AND City didn't want to.....

"Prices have finally been agreed by The FA, Coventry City and Bristol City for the FA Cup Third Round Replay at the Arena on Tuesday January 16th at 7.45pm.

Coventry City had wanted to charge £12 adults and £6 concessions. However, The FA, who get a share of the gate receipts, stipulate in their competition rule book that the minimum admission price is £15 whilst The Robins also had their say.

It has been agreed that the price will now be £17 for adults,£10 concessions and £6 for kids, the same as for the game at Ashton Gate on Saturday.

The tickets should be available from Tuesday (Jan 9) morning with Season Ticket Holders having his priority on their seat."

I imagine £17 is more appealing to City fans than Cov. I can see why they wanted to do a deal for their fans. GJ said that financially a replay is as good as getting in the next round - I'm sure SL had his say on theticket price and didn't want to miss out on a few quid.

If the prices would of been 12 and 6 pound i think about a extra 250 -700 more ciy fans would of made the trip.

to be honest I think majority of those going would go whether it is 12 or 17 pounds, I'd be suprised if it had that much of a difference to the overall attendance, either way at £17 it should be a decent pay day for City with 45% (I thinks) of the gate receipt going to City

GJ said that financially a replay is as good as getting in the next round

He clearly forgot about the £40K prize money for beating Coventry and the chance of £60k if we won the next game against Boro or Hull. :D

Looking at it, if they get 16,000 @ £17 that's £14.50 nett of VAT x 16,000 = £232,000 @ 45% = £104,400..that'll do!

Our gate 13,500 @ £14.50 = £195,750 @ 45% = £88,000

Two games £192,000 appx into the coffers-plus £40k for the win and the chance of £60k in the next round, plus additional shop/travel sales.

Add that too what we made out of York & Gillingham (not much)-Two Rounds Prize Money (About £30k?) and that's your winger well on the way to being paid for.

It should also be remembered that the FA divide the 10% they take amongst all 92 football league clubs, so we actually get a further payment.

You can see why SL made the point about the importance of cup runs.or lack of them having an impact on selling players.

The prize money in the sixth round is £300k alone before gate receipts & merchandising/travel etc.

Archived