IGNORED

Cheek of it!

Fodbarmyarmy

Well said SuperBob, no need to be insulting just because someone offers a different opinion/perspective.Agree with your post too!!The idea of Rovers using AG is unpalatable, besides you wouldn't rent the NEC to put on a pub-rock band would you.Poor sods would get lost in such a big arena!!!

I don't think many gasheads would want to see Rovers play at Ashton Gate. Most (I'm guessing) would prefer to go back to Twerton Park.

BCFCRobbo, your far too young to remember the last time Rovers shared AG, I was only a young lad myself but recollect City fans were not happy ( I wasn't ), Rovers fans hated it and crowds were small for both teams.

I,and MANY others would hate the thought of a Sag head sitting in the seat I sit in. As for the money issue, it's not the be all and end all of football no matter what some think. Letting the Gas play at AG is morally wrong, like a Pro selling here body for cash, Ok it pays the bills but we know it's wrong.

I think SL and CS are not on the same wavelength as most City fans, they antaginize at ever opportunity ( New Stand,buy a brick, shirts, badge, EE, away fans in the Williams the list is endless ) and even contemplating the Gas at AG would be a huge no-no, but they will think about it.

Fair enough, just your comment about 'any other chairman' not doing it is complete balls. And just seemed like another pop at our chairman.

Your comment that any other chairman wouldnt think about it IS an idiotic comment. so i still think i was justified to call you one. As for the age thing, no i wasnt around the last time but someone who has followed football for as long as you have should know that there are lots more clubs with chairmen that are half as commited to this club as SL is.

You disagree with what he is saying? If you think that, then fine.....but why make yourself look an idiot by mentioning it on a public forum?

Some people :disapointed2se:

What makes you so sure as to state so confidently that no other chairman woukld let another club share their ground? (its happened before!)...If you think that, then fine.....but why make yourself look an idiot by mentioning it on a public forum?

What makes you so sure as to state so confidently that no other chairman woukld let another club share their ground? (its happened before!)...If you think that, then fine.....but why make yourself look an idiot by mentioning it on a public forum?

I've not said anything about ANY chairman.

All I pointed out was that you called someone an idiot for having a different opinion to yourself. My take on that is that if it applies to him then it must surely apply to you.

Because this thread has now been "doctored" by moderators, you appear as if you called no one an idiot.

So let's leave it at that eh?

Fair enough, just your comment about 'any other chairman' not doing it is complete balls. And just seemed like another pop at our chairman.

Your comment that any other chairman wouldnt think about it IS an idiotic comment. so i still think i was justified to call you one. As for the age thing, no i wasnt around the last time but someone who has followed football for as long as you have should know that there are lots more clubs with chairmen that are half as commited to this club as SL is.

So whats wrong with having a pop at the Chairman?

Lansdown one of the least ambitous Chairman we ever had.

He treats the fans with contempt. He just one debacle after other with this man.

Where is the new stand to replace the Eastend he said was going to built , so everyone rushed out to buy a season ticket for fear of a reduced capacity and low and behold it didn't get built.

Every season he and the manager sounds off ine the press that we are really going for promotion this year, fans again buy their season tickets , expectations are rised and then a few months into the season he says fans expectations are too high yet he is the one who creates it.

We 4th in the leauge time to take a small gamble and get out of the sh1t div and what does Lansdown do/say were happy to go with what we got.

It the same last year , they said wait to the transfere window and we will improve the squad and what happends sweet FA.

Lansdown currancy and creadibilty has run out.

Don't know if this has been mentioned - cant see anything recent - but....

The BBC Bristol website has a vote going on for Where Rovers should move to If & when the work starts on the Minimal patch :noexpression:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bristol/content/artic...e_feature.shtml

They have the cheek to offer up AG

as well as Trumpton or Whaddon Road or Swindle

Do you think the club would offer up AG?

Do we as supporters want Dirty Gas backsides on our seats? :disapointed2se:

Come on people, get voting for Swindle's ground - it's only got 53 votes so far.

the gas, the gas, we gotta get rid of the gas.

Guest mesa boogie

My choice would be Trumpton. I have many memories of being a whipper snapper in the Popular Terrace watching Justin Channing scoring from Longleat.

Well history tells me no other chairman would let their biggest rival share their ground, except a BCFC one. Where else in the country in recent ( since crowd segregation and violence ) has it happened ?

Would it hapeen say at Newcastle and Sunderland ? Chelsea and Fulham ? Man U and City, Cardiff and Swansea, Birmingham and Villa, The 2 Sheffield clubs, what about the 2 Notts clubs, It wouldn't even happen at Liverpool and Everton and God knows what would happen if Millwall and West Ham were to share ? Big rivals can NEVER share their grounds, it DOESN'T work, nor should it.

Well history tells me no other chairman would let their biggest rival share their ground, except a BCFC one. Where else in the country in recent ( since crowd segregation and violence ) has it happened ?

Would it hapeen say at Newcastle and Sunderland ? Chelsea and Fulham ? Man U and City, Cardiff and Swansea, Birmingham and Villa, The 2 Sheffield clubs, what about the 2 Notts clubs, It wouldn't even happen at Liverpool and Everton and God knows what would happen if Millwall and West Ham were to share ? Big rivals can NEVER share their grounds, it DOESN'T work, nor should it.

It worked for the Gas and Bath City......and they're big rivals!!! :laugh:

Archived