IGNORED

Auto Promotion.

Rednready

Looking at our run home, I am inclined to discount finishing first or second.

Starting with our final match, we have the following.

Rotherham [H] Millwall [A] Carlisle [A] Yeovil [H]

Gillingham [A] Swansea[H] Forest [H] Doncaster [A]

Crewe [A]

Based on our current form and squad, there are no easy matches amongst them. I can only see around 12 points there, and that will not be enough.

GJ is now on record as saying Enoch and Williams may have something to say about signing a left winger, as may Scott Brown. GJ seems to be content with our midfield, we certainly have quantity. Again GJ said in November that Artus was "very" close to selection. If ever we needed a tough tackling goal scoring midfielder its now, put the kid on the bench, lets see this "very" close to selection club player, especially if an accredited player is not coming in.

As for a striker, it comes down to GJ's thinking on Brooker/Enoch and Jevons and their ability to stay fit and consistantly hit the net,for our remaining games. Again an iffy situation.

Our backlog of games will not help an overall situation of every game becoming a cup final to stay in the final 6.

We need 2 major signings, and the mindset to drop certain non performing players when necessary. In the event of those things not happening, IMO GJ will think a final 6 will be good enough for his first full season.

IF YOU ARE CORRECT and GJ is content with our midfield and does not strengthen it I will go on record now and say that we will not get promoted. Hope I am either proven wrong or, preferably, that reinforcements are signed.

I agree with you 100% there he definitely needs to get someone in,also i don't like the fact of Enoch even playing on the left wing yeah fair enough hes does quite good there but hes a striker for goodness sake.He should be there scoring the goals along side brooker not supplying them.I would play Brown there and drop Jevons so Enoch can play up front along side Brooker

I agree with you 100% there he definitely needs to get someone in,also i don't like the fact of Enoch even playing on the left wing yeah fair enough hes does quite good there but hes a striker for goodness sake.He should be there scoring the goals along side brooker not supplying them.I would play Brown there and drop Jevons so Enoch can play up front along side Brooker

It now appears Brown is being shown the door, a pity, as he adds something to the squad. I agree, Brooker and Enoch look better than Brooker/Jevons, but how long can they stay fit at the same time ?

I think we will have to play JMW there as Brown is supposedly leaving. :noexpression:

Our new Wilson says his favourite position is right back. We have our own young giant called Wilson who also plays right back. Good judges really rate him, and he's been scouted by higher clubs. How will he, Orr and Keogh feel if Brian Wilson is selected at rightback. Ditto Enoch and Williams if Brian is selected left flank.

Murray is playing well on the heavier pitches, as he did last season, then fell away as the pitches became firmer, and his form dropped off. Brian may well cover for Murray, who is fighting for a new contract, difficult at 33.

The topic as to the final 9 matches, will depend entirely on City improving their goal scoring and away form. Our games against Tranmere and Oldham will be a good barometer, but based on our recent league form, play offs at best.

GJ's offer for Holt shows he is looking for a striker, so he has identified our lack of goals as an area to be improved. Half a million would not be too high for the right player, then perhaps an auto promotion spot.

Archived