9. Elliot Benyon

10. David Cotterill

11. Joe Long

12. Joe (Mc)Flurry (On for Benyon, 55)

13. Sam Pearce

14. Jordan Pollinger (On for Long, 70)

15. Sean Rivers (On for Cotterill, 83)

16. Danny Rivers

If this is the future of Bristol City Fc then I say long live the academy! What I saw today was quick, passing football which not only entertained but was highly effective against an admittedly poor Cheltenham outfit.

Two goals apiece from Cole Skuse and Joe Flurry, together with strikes from Kyle Allcock, Elliot Benyon and the excellent David Cotterill gave City a 7-0 lead before two concilation (sp?) goals for Cheltenham from Daniel Thompson and Adam Connolly gave the scoreline some degree of respectablilty.

Cheltenham started off by far the stronger of the two teams with the ball hardly out the City half for the first 5 minutes. The 9th minute brough City's first goal from effectively their first attack. Elliot Benyon was fouled in the area by Cheltenham full-back Emanuel Sackey and referee Blatchford had no hesitation in pointing to the spot. Cole Skuse stepped up to dispatch the ball cooly into the back of the net.

Just over 5 minutes later, City had extended the lead through Kyle Allcock who scored with a finish not seen at Ashton Gate for a long while. After collecting a ball from the midfield, he took 2 touches closer to goal before finishing sweetly to the 'keepers left from 12 yards. Shortly after Cheltenham could have had a penalty after a Nathan Hawley was brought down in the box. Nothing was given.

The lead was extended yet again in the 26th minute when, after a great passing move, City striker Benyon was left on-on-one with Town stopper Craig Humphreys - he rounded him before playing an easy ball across the 6-yard area for David Cotterill to finish. Cotterill had an excellent game all round and fully deserved his goal.

The 37th minute brought a highly contoversial moment. A ball over the top by a Cheltenham midfielder looked as though it would be easily delt with by James Stabler in the City goal, however he contrived to totally mis his kick. His solution to this was to turn round and drag Town forward Hawley to the ground. For some strange reason, known only to the ref, he recieved only a yellow dispite being the last man.

Shortly after City made it 5-0 through Benyon and Skuse. For the first, Kyle Allcock sent in a deep cross which was met by some part of Benyon to send the bal into the net. The latter was a one man goal by the impressive Skuse - he ran from the halfway line, past 2 defenders before dispatching the ball past the stranded 'keeper from 18 yards.

The second half brough some respite for Town who effectively drew it 2-2. I'm going to keep the second half short as I've rambled on long enough! :P

City scored twice more throu super sub Joe (Mc)Flurry who scored with two very well taken goals, including one where he seemed to take the ball round half the Cheltenham team!

Town's goals both came from poor defensive play and were scored by Daniel Thompson from flick on from Adam Connelly, and Connelly himself in the 76th minute.

Overall, a very entertaining game - something not seen at AG for a long while - which i thoroughly enjoyed!

Star Man: David Cotterill - Was absolutely brilliant upfront, never stoppped running and took his goal very well.

Chump: James Stabler - Can't catch. Can't punch. Can't kick. Can't save. Otherwise excellent.

Also good to see at least one person took my advice and attended. Well done Lucy! :D

Bristol City 7-2 Cheltenham Town

Skuse 2

Allcock

Cotterill

Benyon

Flurry 2

Thompson

Conolly

Bristol City Team

1. James Stabler

2. Kyle Holly

3. Callum Hart

4. Sam Bailey

5. Jack Allward

6. Scott Golbourne

7. Kyle Allcock

8. Cole Skuse

9. Elliot Benyon

10. David Cotterill

11. Joe Long

12. Joe (Mc)Flurry (On for Benyon, 55)

13. Sam Pearce

14. Jordan Pollinger (On for Long, 70)

15. Sean Rivers (On for Cotterill, 83)

16. Danny Rivers

If this is the future of Bristol City Fc then I say long live the academy! What I saw today was quick, passing football which not only entertained but was highly effective against an admittedly poor Cheltenham outfit.

Two goals apiece from Cole Skuse and Joe Flurry, together with strikes from Kyle Allcock, Elliot Benyon and the excellent David Cotterill gave City a 7-0 lead before two concilation (sp?) goals for Cheltenham from Daniel Thompson and Adam Connolly gave the scoreline some degree of respectablilty.

Cheltenham started off by far the stronger of the two teams with the ball hardly out the City half for the first 5 minutes. The 9th minute brough City's first goal from effectively their first attack. Elliot Benyon was fouled in the area by Cheltenham full-back Emanuel Sackey and referee Blatchford had no hesitation in pointing to the spot. Cole Skuse stepped up to dispatch the ball cooly into the back of the net.

Just over 5 minutes later, City had extended the lead through Kyle Allcock who scored with a finish not seen at Ashton Gate for a long while. After collecting a ball from the midfield, he took 2 touches closer to goal before finishing sweetly to the 'keepers left from 12 yards. Shortly after Cheltenham could have had a penalty after a Nathan Hawley was brought down in the box. Nothing was given.

The lead was extended yet again in the 26th minute when, after a great passing move, City striker Benyon was left on-on-one with Town stopper Craig Humphreys - he rounded him before playing an easy ball across the 6-yard area for David Cotterill to finish. Cotterill had an excellent game all round and fully deserved his goal.

The 37th minute brought a highly contoversial moment. A ball over the top by a Cheltenham midfielder looked as though it would be easily delt with by James Stabler in the City goal, however he contrived to totally mis his kick. His solution to this was to turn round and drag Town forward Hawley to the ground. For some strange reason, known only to the ref, he recieved only a yellow dispite being the last man.

Shortly after City made it 5-0 through Benyon and Skuse. For the first, Kyle Allcock sent in a deep cross which was met by some part of Benyon to send the bal into the net. The latter was a one man goal by the impressive Skuse - he ran from the halfway line, past 2 defenders before dispatching the ball past the stranded 'keeper from 18 yards.

The second half brough some respite for Town who effectively drew it 2-2. I'm going to keep the second half short as I've rambled on long enough! :P

City scored twice more throu super sub Joe (Mc)Flurry who scored with two very well taken goals, including one where he seemed to take the ball round half the Cheltenham team!

Town's goals both came from poor defensive play and were scored by Daniel Thompson from flick on from Adam Connelly, and Connelly himself in the 76th minute.

Overall, a very entertaining game - something not seen at AG for a long while - which i thoroughly enjoyed!

Star Man: David Cotterill - Was absolutely brilliant upfront, never stoppped running and took his goal very well.

Chump: James Stabler - Can't catch. Can't punch. Can't kick. Can't save. Otherwise excellent.

Also good to see at least one person took my advice and attended. Well done Lucy!  :D

Yes, i only saw you Stu, you notice didnt pay off :angry:

I was very pleasantely suprised to what i saw last night, particulary with the number 7 (Kyle Allcock) I think we should put this team out on Sunday and we would still get a result :D

Was worth it aswell just to see Sir 'God' Tinnion, Woody, Clayton and Leroy (He was walking fine so lets hope his injury isnt too bad) And correct me if I'm wrong Stu but didnt Wilson make an appearence?! :D

Archived