IGNORED

Another Keeper Weirdness

Ian M

• Admin

Just noticed that despite having two fit goalies in my reserves, the Asst manager rarely selects them, instead opting to go for an extra striker each game ;)

Does the extra striker then actually play in goal or do I just not have a goalie? :D

Anyone else get this?

• Admin
never let my assistant choose who to play.  So never heard of this.  he'd play "GK" if he was selected as "GK"  In the past I've played keepers out of position in firendlies and the like and even had Philips score a goal.
despite having two fit goalies in my reserves,

I mean in my "reserve team" matches. Unless of course you control your ressies' matches as well as your first team matches.

I've even tried picking who I want to play games and he only keeps 10 of them so that he can bring his extra striker in instead of the keeper ;)

thats weird. Luckily I have Tinamn as my asst. and he'd not do something like that. So even if you selected someone as a GK and say use current match tactics it still puts a striker in there? does he play the striker at gk or w/o a keeper (from experience playing with out a keeper leads to about 20-30 gaols being scored

• Admin
thats weird.  Luckily I have Tinamn as my asst. and he'd not do something like that.  So even if you selected someone as a GK and say use current match tactics it still puts a striker in there?  does he play the striker at gk or w/o a keeper (from experience playing with out a keeper leads to about 20-30 gaols being scored
No idea, there isn't a way for you to see how the reserves line-up during the match. Further research shows that he "usually" subs a keeper on in the extra strikers place at some time either during the first half or at half time.

Fortunately my ressies are quite good and it's rare for teams to get shots on target against us ;)

• Admin
you should be able to see the whole game by clicking on the result then hitting tactics.  should work.  not sure i explained that well but if it doesn;t work i'll explain again. :)
;):cool::cool:

Having got past my blindness, it does appear that he plays the extra striker in goal :D

• Admin
It might be time to change the coach of the ressie side.  Sounds like someone doesn't have a tactical clue, who is it, Houiler?
I've had several different coaches in charge of the ressies and they've all done it for some reason ;)

Archived