IGNORED

Ticket Prices!

formerly known as ivan

i remember someone asking on here about what we though of ticket prices as they were trying to get a few friends to come down the gate.

i too have been doing this, but they are not at all interested. infact one of them then invited me to villa park on the 3rd feb to watch them play west ham. i asked how much and he said tickets were £19.00! £19.00, the same as at cost to watch our team in the 3rd tier of english football.

now i have always been a season ticket holder so have never really paid that much attention to ticket prices, but i find this amazing that some people pay the same to watch city as you would a half decent premiership club.

whats even more worrying is that WHEN we get promoted this season, prices will go up!

i personally think SL should do the decent thing and freeze prices next season in the championship as a reward to us long suffering supporters who have obviously been paying over the top prices for a number of years now

i remember someone asking on here about what we though of ticket prices as they were trying to get a few friends to come down the gate.

i too have been doing this, but they are not at all interested. infact one of them then invited me to villa park on the 3rd feb to watch them play west ham. i asked how much and he said tickets were £19.00! £19.00, the same as at cost to watch our team in the 3rd tier of english football.

now i have always been a season ticket holder so have never really paid that much attention to ticket prices, but i find this amazing that some people pay the same to watch city as you would a half decent premiership club.

whats even more worrying is that WHEN we get promoted this season, prices will go up!

i personally think SL should do the decent thing and freeze prices next season in the championship as a reward to us long suffering supporters who have obviously been paying over the top prices for a number of years now

:clapping::clapping::clapping: I like the sentiment, and agree ref prices esp. considering some of the poor sides(in footballing terms) we are competing with, however we will need money for players/salaries back in the championship, so not only do I expect prices to rise, I think the rise might be an :shocking::shocking: OUCH on the painful scale.

i personally think SL should do the decent thing and freeze prices next season in the championship

It's no wonder you guys fail each season in your quest for promotion, your fans are so arrogant and think that its your right to get promotion, i think you will do well to get a play off position.

It's no wonder you guys fail each season in your quest for promotion, your fans are so arrogant and think that its your right to get promotion, i think you will do well to get a play off position.

I agree Chel10ham there is some arrogance floating around on here (not by all though I must add).

Its not arrogance at all, Its expectation there is a difference, look at the facts and then tell me why we should not expect promotion,

We pay big wages for better players (Mccombe, Mcalister, Carey, Brooker, Jevons, weale, Johnson would probably walk in to most teams in this division) They certainly would in yours.

Our attendances are quite high considering its 95% home fans most games, This will only get better if we go up as some teams will actually bother to turn up at the gate, we have no real local derbys and i imagine only Forest will bring more than 2500, You lot however wont and your only a 45 min drive away. The rest bring anything between 50-350 on average i would say.

As for getting promotion or playoffs, who knows, but its better than being relegated with trips to rochadale and grimsby to look forward to!!

whats wrong with expecting better anyway? If i paid out on better staff at work i would expect results to improve, would you? If the level of your ambition is to reach the 3rd tier of english football then fine but in my lifetime i want to see my club (not yours) in the premiership and in europe!!

Its not arrogance at all, Its expectation there is a difference, look at the facts and then tell me why we should not expect promotion,

We pay big wages for better players (Mccombe, Mcalister, Carey, Brooker, Jevons, weale, Johnson would probably walk in to most teams in this division) They certainly would in yours.

Our attendances are quite high considering its 95% home fans most games, This will only get better if we go up as some teams will actually bother to turn up at the gate, we have no real local derbys and i imagine only Forest will bring more than 2500, You lot however wont and your only a 45 min drive away. The rest bring anything between 50-350 on average i would say.

As for getting promotion or playoffs, who knows, but its better than being relegated with trips to rochadale and grimsby to look forward to!!

whats wrong with expecting better anyway? If i paid out on better staff at work i would expect results to improve, would you? If the level of your ambition is to reach the 3rd tier of english football then fine but in my lifetime i want to see my club (not yours) in the premiership and in europe!!

That is fine but there are a few comments like CTFC do not belong in this division, why? We actually have a big catchment area and although our crowds have been poor there is no reason why we cannot build this up to 6000 if we can stay here a few years. Cheltenham and Gloucester is a fairly big urban area with the nearest big team 45 miles north a lot of teams at this level would give their right arm for 300,000 living locally and no other competition apart from the rugby and Villa/Blues/Baggies/Wolves an hour away.

By the way I would expect only 1500 from us in a few weeks, generally we are not very happy with the lack of spending and Wards constant negativity. He did very well last season however he has managed to grind down a 4500 support base to about 3400 in two and half years.

apologies, it was supposed to be more positive thinking rather than arrogance!

anyway, whats that got to do with my point about the ticket prices?

That is fine but there are a few comments like CTFC do not belong in this division, why? We actually have a big catchment area and although our crowds have been poor there is no reason why we cannot build this up to 6000 if we can stay here a few years. Cheltenham and Gloucester is a fairly big urban area with the nearest big team 45 miles north a lot of teams at this level would give their right arm for 300,000 living locally and no other competition apart from the rugby and Villa/Blues/Baggies/Wolves an hour away.

By the way I would expect only 1500 from us in a few weeks, generally we are not very happy with the lack of spending and Wards constant negativity. He did very well last season however he has managed to grind down a 4500 support base to about 3400 in two and half years.

Trust me on this one, you could do a bloody sight worse than Wardy!!! Saved your club after Cotterill left otherwise you may have slipped back into the conference. Worked miracles on what I believe is the smallest budget in League 1, and almost made a player out of Damien'Wembley Airball' Frank Spencer.

A lot of City fans have a regard for CTFC because of JW and the likes of Micky Bell/Steve Gillespie. I for one hope you stay up and prosper.

Has just signed a hell of a player on loan for you in Scott Brown. Keep the faith, you could always end up with some loser like Atkins.........

Archived