IGNORED

Wilson to play Right Back ?

Cardy

Having seen Bradley get skinned time and again by McKenzie last saturday I can see why GJ has gone for Wilson. Keough is certainly no quicker than Brads. I think GJ's long term plan is to play Wilson as right back, particularly if we did manage to get ourselves out of this sh1te league. What does everyone else think ?

It doesn't make sense to buy one of the best right backs in the league and then play him out of position.

Please Gary buy a proper left winger.

Having seen Bradley get skinned time and again by McKenzie last saturday I can see why GJ has gone for Wilson. Keough is certainly no quicker than Brads. I think GJ's long term plan is to play Wilson as right back, particularly if we did manage to get ourselves out of this sh1te league. What does everyone else think ?

It doesn't make sense to buy one of the best right backs in the league and then play him out of position.

Please Gary buy a proper left winger.

Don't know where playing when scoring ten goals but think left midfield. Fine with me. So is right back if it's to be Garys first option.

Right back position has needed sorting out for a while,

next buy - left winger ?

I hadn't thought of it that way. Your right - who was our last proper quality right back ? Brads is a midfielder turned right back, whilst Keogh is a centre back and always will be. I reckon full backs with pace are the dogs do-do's and give so many options when going forward. We've been lucky with left backs down the years but am struggling to remember one really decent right back. Ideas ?

John Bailey ?? Not the quickest ... but knew the game.

Aaah the cheeky chappie from Liverpool. He was like a footballing version of Tarby - an all round prankster who liked the odd round of golf and I would bet that if he has a daughter she is a rather well built young lady.

I liked John Bailey, you're right he was not the quickest but we seemed to sign a lot of players around that time who were approaching the end of their careers. Mind you that policy did unearth a bright young manager in Joe Jordan who did manage to get us out of this poxy division.

Aaah the cheeky chappie from Liverpool. He was like a footballing version of Tarby - an all round prankster who liked the odd round of golf and I would bet that if he has a daughter she is a rather well built young lady.

I liked John Bailey, you're right he was not the quickest but we seemed to sign a lot of players around that time who were approaching the end of their careers. Mind you that policy did unearth a bright young manager in Joe Jordan who did manage to get us out of this poxy division.

Will never forget him linkings with Alan Walsh when we played away at Forest in the Cup, They were like a stone wall!

Louis Carey. he started off as a Right Back and only really moved into the central when Locke came in, he's probably spent more games at Right Back over his time than in the middle.

Also Adam Locke himself was a pretty decent Right Back

prior to that.........bit of a struggle, Vegard Hansen was fantastic when we first signed him but when we got relegated he wasn't the same player

There's nothing wrong with Bradley, he's doing a brilliant job at right back, I'm not really sure about why when we haven't had a proper left winger in many many seasons, and at the moment we have a right back, Bradley, and a player to cover right back, Keogh, we would play a signing with great potential to be the quick winger on the left wing, who can score goals, at the moment, with the form Murray is in, the thought of Wilson on the left, Murray on the right, I cant see why anyone would want to overload the right side of the pitch with pace and skill, and leave the problem on the left.

If I'm wrong, then I can accept that, Johnson has made managerial decisions which have confused us all in the past, and this could be another situation like that, I just think it would be a seriously weird decision, I fail to see any logic in it, pace can get us out of this league, especially with either Marie-Williams, or Plummer playing up front, or coming on from the bench, is in my opinion an exciting prospect.

Wilson could be used as cover at right back, sure theres nothing wrong with that, but I don't think hes been brought in to replace Orr

Archived