IGNORED

Sometimes Fans and Players just don't know how lucky they are!

bh_red

Just watching Football First on Sky and I'm watching the highlights for Chelsea v Wigan and I can't believe what I have just heard......but I will come to that in a moment.

When we go away without doubt we pretty much generally take a good away following for a saturday game, generally around 1000 fans and alot of the time we don't get much reward for our action, the players and the club know when we go away know that without doubt there will be a good number of fans their who will in general give their team fantastic backing. good example is when this season we took near 3000 to Forest.

Watching Sky, how many fans have Wigan taken today to the Premiership Champions according to commentor? around 150-200!!! sometimes fans just don't deserve Premiership Football, high prices maybe at Chelsea but that is just pathetic!

Just watching Football First on Sky and I'm watching the highlights for Chelsea v Wigan and I can't believe what I have just heard......but I will come to that in a moment.

When we go away without doubt we pretty much generally take a good away following for a saturday game, generally around 1000 fans and alot of the time we don't get much reward for our action, the players and the club know when we go away know that without doubt there will be a good number of fans their who will in general give their team fantastic backing. good example is when this season we took near 3000 to Forest.

Watching Sky, how many fans have Wigan taken today to the Premiership Champions according to commentor? around 150-200!!! sometimes fans just don't deserve Premiership Football, high prices maybe at Chelsea but that is just pathetic!

Wigan have been struggling with their home crowds too......Ticket prices are £27-£30.

Ticket prices for their last 7 home games have been reduced in price in a bid to boost home support and hopefully improve home performances as they get drawn into a relegation battle.

Prices for home games against Pompey, Fulham, Hammers and Borough are now £15 and home games against Newcastle, Bolton and Spurs are £20. That's pretty cheap, don't you think?

I agree with your other comment....150-200 is pretty poor.

Wigan have been struggling with their home crowds too......Ticket prices are £27-£30.

Ticket prices for their last 7 home games have been reduced in price in a bid to boost home support and hopefully improve home performances as they get drawn into a relegation battle.

Prices for home games against Pompey, Fulham, Hammers and Borough are now £15 and home games against Newcastle, Bolton and Spurs are £20. That's pretty cheap, don't you think?

I agree with your other comment....150-200 is pretty poor.

And we play £20 to watch 1-above-basement-league stuff :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

I note on Match of the Day that Man City's fans boycotted the Bolton game because of ticket prices - perhaps it needs that sort of stand ('scuse the pun) from the fans to make the clubs sit up and take note.

The people who complain about ticket prices can only protest by not attending games. The problem is, there are always going to be those that can afford the prices and go anyway and undermine their protests.

Not surprising.Whenever I think of Wigan, it's 2000 odd stood on a grass bank in a clapped out ground....AND (it seems) so do they!

Wishing them a speedy return to whence they came!

Not surprising.Whenever I think of Wigan, it's 2000 odd stood on a grass bank in a clapped out ground....AND (it seems) so do they!

Wishing them a speedy return to whence they came!

yeah but to be fair given the choice i would rather go to their old ground to watch a game, proper old ground, New stadiums are gash if you ask me, I hope City never move from the gate.

I note on Match of the Day that Man City's fans boycotted the Bolton game because of ticket prices - perhaps it needs that sort of stand ('scuse the pun) from the fans to make the clubs sit up and take note.

The people who complain about ticket prices can only protest by not attending games. The problem is, there are always going to be those that can afford the prices and go anyway and undermine their protests.

I agree with you SimplyRed. Our fans moan about the East End, ticket prices, refreshments prices etc but never do anything to get their views heard.

I'm guilty too. Funny thing is, with football forums and mobile phones, it's easier now than ever to organise protests and to air opinions, but we choose instead to moan over a pint then get on with it.

I would NOT go to Chelsea if we were playing them. I wont pay £50 ( and no concessions) to watch my team away anywhere in England. Fair play to the Wigan fans for not paying the money to the mega rich Chelsea. All fans should boycott Chelsea and there sky high prices.

I would NOT go to Chelsea if we were playing them. I wont pay £50 ( and no concessions) to watch my team away anywhere in England. Fair play to the Wigan fans for not paying the money to the mega rich Chelsea. All fans should boycott Chelsea and there sky high prices.

Ure aving a laugh!

You own three pig farms in deepest Bridgwater, got three wifes, 18 kids, 4 Land Rovers and moaning bout a £50 ticket?

PB, U let me down :innocent06:

yeah but to be fair given the choice i would rather go to their old ground to watch a game, proper old ground, New stadiums are gash if you ask me, I hope City never move from the gate.

Stamford Bridge with its old terracing was one of the best 'proper' football grounds in the country. I also like that 1960's tune they play - "Blue is the colour, winning is our aim" etc...a proper football supporters' song like our own "One for the Bristol City". Unlike "Hi Ho Silver Lining" - total generic 'gash'/crap that they play at all football grounds.

Wigan deserve to be in the Prem because they won promotion - simple as. They have always been a small club - smaller than the likes of Stockport/Oldham in their area anyway. I get pis$ed off when Sky commentators express surprise when there are empty seats in the so-called "Best League in the World." The Wigan fans would have been 99% certain they were going to get a beating, such is the predictability of many Prem games - why would 1000s of them pay 50quid + transport costs to be there to see them thrashed.

Chelsea tickets can cost from £35, it's london prices and of course the are Premiership Champions, Arsenal another top london team have tickets from £30 (damn good value personally think for arsenal)

For away fans its £45, same for children, how sad is that.http://football.guardian.co.uk/blueprint/story/0,,1575121,00.html

I agree with you SimplyRed. Our fans moan about the East End, ticket prices, refreshments prices etc but never do anything to get their views heard.

With only 10,800 fans on Saturday & generally poor home support all season. I think you'll find many fans are expressing there views quite clearly!

Archived