IGNORED

R+W Bar

WTFiGO!?!

This has probably been mentioned before but I was in there for the first time since its refurbishment yesterday, firsty, I have to say I was fairly impressed.

However, it could have been anywhere in the country other than a few pictures in the corridore. Why not celebrate our existance by giving the place a bit more identity; posters, memorabilia, merchandice etc etc? It could be done whilst retaining its class.

£2.70 a pint will also guarantee a moan from me as a matter of preceedure. Luckilly, unless you really are on it, in 15 minutes you only have time for the one.

This has probably been mentioned before but I was in there for the first time since its refurbishment yesterday, firsty, I have to say I was fairly impressed.

However, it could have been anywhere in the country other than a few pictures in the corridore. Why not celebrate our existance by giving the place a bit more identity; posters, memorabilia, merchandice etc etc? It could be done whilst retaining its class.

£2.70 a pint will also guarantee a moan from me as a matter of preceedure. Luckilly, unless you really are on it, in 15 minutes you only have time for the one.

In 15 minutes.......one.?.......umme, 3 at least

£2.70 a pint . thats cheap.

a mate of mine when to the theatre to see a show in londons west end.

bought two drinks and cost him £19.00. what made it worse was when he took the

drinks to his seat where his partner was sitting, she spilt his on the floor. :disapointed2se:

They water down the drinks in there as well i reckon their Blackthorn is only 3% alcohol as it says on their price list but they still charge full price for it!! I don't bother buying alcohol in there any more.

They water down the drinks in there as well their Blackthorn is only 3% alcohol but they still charge full price for it!! I don't bother buying alcohol in there any more.

Thats a wee bit libellious. Have you got any proof that this is going on? If you haven't i would advise to retract your statement.

Thats a wee bit libellious. Have you got any proof that this is going on? If you haven't i would advise to retract your statement.

Yeah it says on their price list. Next time you are in there have a look.

she has a point though, only been in there the once though for a non city related event, as well as being over priced, it does taste very watered down in there, had about 5-6 pints and didn't even feel the need for a kebab or a curry afterwards let alone feel the slightest bit tipsy!

£2.70 a pint . thats cheap.

a mate of mine when to the theatre to see a show in londons west end.

bought two drinks and cost him £19.00. what made it worse was when he took the

drinks to his seat where his partner was sitting, she spilt his on the floor. :disapointed2se:

For a football ground, £2.70 isn't bad. I was at Old Trafford for an England game recently, and it was £3.10 a pint, only Budweiser as well.

Is it really 3% ?? Can't say I have ever noticed anything on the price list.

If it is 3% I think I will be going elsewhere from now on.

When you are in there next check the price list.

Why bother with the expensive Red and White bar anyway? So many real ale watering holes within easy walking distance of Ashton Gate it's a drinking man's heresy to buy the branded dross on offer in the red and White bar.

Too much real ale to drink in the Nova Scotia before the Tranmere game, and.......ahhhhhh the relief :laugh: .......

havingapisscg2.jpg

Why bother with the expensive Red and White bar anyway? So many real ale watering holes within easy walking distance of Ashton Gate it's a drinking man's heresy to buy the branded dross on offer in the red and White bar.

Too much real ale to drink in the Nova Scotia before the Tranmere game, and.......ahhhhhh the relief :laugh: .......

havingapisscg2.jpg

:D

Only at half time did I bother with the branded dross on offer in the Red and White bar as a trip to the Nova Scotia, a pint, and a trip back all within the space of 15 minutes is pushing it slightly, even with my enthusiasm.

Anyway, nobody got anything to say about the original point? Is the indifferent non-response in-keeping with the bland, characterless decour of the place?

Also, that 3% job, surely that makes it not Blackthorn, by definition? All I can say is it did hit the spot for me, I saw spirits were available too....I'm impressed ..........that's the spirit :farmer: (sorry :blush: ).

:D

Only at half time did I bother with the branded dross on offer in the Red and White bar as a trip to the Nova Scotia, a pint, and a trip back all within the space of 15 minutes is pushing it slightly, even with my enthusiasm.

Anyway, nobody got anything to say about the original point? Is the indifferent non-response in-keeping with the bland, characterless decour of the place?

Also, that 3% job, surely that makes it not Blackthorn, by definition? All I can say is it did hit the spot for me, I saw spirits were available too....I'm impressed ..........that's the spirit :farmer: (sorry :blush: ).

I've only once before tried gaining admittance to the Red & White bar and that was with EDR who is/was a BCFC season ticket holder. Needless to say I wasn't allowed in - so stuff 'em and I'll drink where I'm more welcome. :farmer:

Anyway, did you pass the Red Goblin test? - click on the link below to see if you're man enough :banana: .....

http://www.subcider.co.uk/subb/index.php?showtopic=1064

I meet friends in there before a game, some have kids, some are getting on a bit and like being close to their seats, otherwise I would go to a proper pub before the game.

This season it has been tidied up and improved somewhat but there is still room for improvement.

It does need to be 'City'd' up.

Maybe getting rid of those horrendous plastic, chin drip inducing pint pots would be a good idea. I have never seen any trouble in there and anyway, if you wanted to hurt someone you could still give them a pretty nasty scratch with a broken one.

More tables and chairs are needed.

And do we really need to hear the blaring, muffled, 'bing bong' safety announcements game after game?

Better than last season but could be better still.

Archived