IGNORED

Who Would Manage Rovers ?

andy g

According to the Rovers tearful chairman, there are some excellent candidates putting their names forward for the full-time managers post !

And more surprising - some of them already have jobs !

My question - WHY ??!!

Who in their right mind would want to manage the Gas at the moment ? Can anyone think of a (sane) manager who would want to give up their job to go to work at the Minimal ground with all their problems at the moment ?

I'm guessing that the likes of Arsene Wenger and Carlos Quieroz have already ruled themselves out of the running....

Could Dunford be talking about Steve Cotterill again ? (he's currently coaching at Wolves I think)

I've always maintained that they should give Jamie Shore a crack of the whip. I know he's still playing non-league football, but it's worth a try (even if he would be jumping in the deep end a bit with his first managerial post)

When he's commentating on Radio Brizzle you can hear his passion for the club. And more often then not, he'll complain about something like a player being drawn out of position and how dangerous it is, and then *boom* goal from exactly the situation he was describing

Mind you, since I think he'd do a decent job for the them, let's hope they get Pulis :P

Guest comeonyoureds

Could Dunford be talking about Steve Cotterill again ?  (he's currently coaching at Wolves I think)

he's coaching at leicester these days!

Well you could look at it this way............

You take them over, you do nothing with them even get the relegated, so what they were no hopers anyway, if anything credit to you for trying.

You take them over, and get them a playoff place maybe even promotion and you could be looking at interest from some massive clubs.

Bit of a win, win situation if you ask me.

I agree with Tommy.

A manager could go there with no expectations (Holloway*, Thompson, Francis, Thompson, Graydon, Bater have all done nothing- no expectations for anyone else to)

But they would have far more financial backing than most clubs in that division and so, if they had a brain and sorted things out- could easily get them out of that division and become near instant hero.

* Holloway had done brilliantly- Just meant the last year or so of his reign.

Archived