IGNORED

FA Cup Prize Money - £80,000 ?

Cardy

I believe the club has just pocketed £80,000 for winning that one match. That basically means that we got Brian Wilson for free in the last week ! Who says the cup is a distraction. GJ has basically earnt himself another player tonight.

God knows how much we would get for winning the next round (unlikely I know) but surely we must have a decent chance of being on the tv aswell ? Sky showed Cardiff v Spurs in the last round and our tie now has similar shock potential.

Well happy tonight.

Think we will win against boro and then we will ne first match on match of the day. But why always put on the same teams every round. Spread the money around a bit. Think it is quite a bit for being on live and a live fourth round game for any non prem club would be great financially and make or break there season regards transfer.

Yeah I agree - I guess the schedulers wanted it sorted early and Coventry v Hull wasn't particularly attractive to them.

The one advantage to not being on the tv should be that we get more through the turnstiles. Do people think it will be a sell out against Boro - it would be great to see the Gate rocking. I can't see Boro selling out the whole away end though.

I believe the club has just pocketed £80,000 for winning that one match. That basically means that we got Brian Wilson for free in the last week ! Who says the cup is a distraction. GJ has basically earnt himself another player tonight.

God knows how much we would get for winning the next round (unlikely I know) but surely we must have a decent chance of being on the tv aswell ? Sky showed Cardiff v Spurs in the last round and our tie now has similar shock potential.

Well happy tonight.

[post=http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/TheFACup/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2004/06/Payments_2004_05]F.A Prize Fund Link

In gary johnson interview says we are one of main matches on motd. A bit of extra money comes in handy. With the prize money is it 40k in total or 16+24+40k from each round for if all 3 maybe up to 250k from this cup run already with 2 13000 gates this round. Financially this is lookin good and as someone said in another thread we moreless paid for wilson tonight with change.

Archived