IGNORED

'Boro At Home!

PhatWill

What a great tie we have in less than 10 days time at home to Middlesborough.

I expect there to be less Boro fans at Ashton Gate than there were Cov fans a couple of weeks back but you'd put your money on there being more City fans in attendance!

This should raise the atmosphere by a couple of notches in our favour and I really don't think Boro will fancy coming to Ashton Gate, particularly when they view our impressive home record.

They just about got past Hull City in the last round and their away form in the Premiership is poor - Won 1 Drawn 4 Lost 7.

They of course have undoubted class, I am a big fan of Viduka who on his day is an exceptional player.

But I have to say I really fancy our chances of getting something out of this game :chant6ez:

Boro are just one of those inconsistent teams who I know we can rattle the cage of!

COME ON THE REDS - TONIGHT WAS ####ING BRILLIANT :banana:

What a great tie we have in less than 10 days time at home to Middlesborough.

I expect there to be less Boro fans at Ashton Gate than there were Cov fans a couple of weeks back but you'd put your money on there being more City fans in attendance!

This should raise the atmosphere by a couple of notches in our favour and I really don't think Boro will fancy coming to Ashton Gate, particularly when they view our impressive home record.

They just about got past Hull City in the last round and their away form in the Premiership is poor - Won 1 Drawn 4 Lost 7.

They of course have undoubted class, I am a big fan of Viduka who on his day is an exceptional player.

But I have to say I really fancy our chances of getting something out of this game :chant6ez:

Boro are just one of those inconsistent teams who I know we can rattle the cage of!

COME ON THE REDS - TONIGHT WAS ####ING BRILLIANT :banana:

I agree. Great chance at our place. Their defence isnt the best and their strike force is very hit and miss. If we catch them on an off day, which they've had a lot of this season, and we play like we can then we can win.

Both teams are a bit inconsistent so any result is possible. We could get hammered!!

I agree. Great chance at our place. Their defence isnt the best and their strike force is very hit and miss. If we catch them on an off day, which they've had a lot of this season, and we play like we can then we can win.

Both teams are a bit inconsistent so any result is possible. We could get hammered!!

I'll probably get hammered! Yakubu is the one I fear but I agree that they won't fancy this trip at all with Premiership survival being top of their agenda - we can win this - we can win anything at the moment :city:

I'll probably get hammered!

I'll drink to that!

I'm just excited after the two games we've had against Coventry. They've been the two most entertaining and enthralling fixtures we've had since the reign of Wilson I'd say.

The Boro game promises to be a cracker and as long as we don't pick up any injuries and try and aviod suspensions then we got a great chance of progressing.

I'll drink to that!

I'm just excited after the two games we've had against Coventry. They've been the two most entertaining and enthralling fixtures we've had since the reign of Wilson I'd say.

The Boro game promises to be a cracker and as long as we don't pick up any injuries and try and aviod suspensions then we got a great chance of progressing.

With the extra money generated by all of this (and hopefully a win against Brighton) I would hope that we could strengthen the squad a little. A understand when GJ says he doesn't want to upset the dressing room (absolutely right) but after Jevo went off Enoch started hobbling - we don't have any more attackers! We must get a quick bloke who can play wide! :city:

• Admin
I'll drink to that!

There's a little confusion tonight over whether Carey was shown a yellow card but if he was then he will miss the Brighton & Boro games as cumulative yellow card bans kick in 7 days after the yellow card was issued.

Still, Fontaine should be able to come in and do a job.

TONIGHT WAS ####ING BRILLIANT :banana:

Yes indeed it was.

Made all the more sweeter by the fact that whilst waiting to get in some Johnny 'big mouth' walked past me and my mates and said, in the general direction of the City fans, 'Nice day out for you eh, welcome to a real stadium.'

Ha ha, patronising ######, lets see who's the smart one now sunshine :dance:

To be fair to the poor attention starved overweight fool, he did have two females with him so presumably taking reasonably quiet back handed digs at away fans is the way he enforces his 'alpha male' status.

I went nuts when Showumni scored!

Well played boys.

:clapping:

Absolutely no reason at all why we can't have these lads and then the 5th round becons.

Seriously, they're on as dodgy a form as Cov, young Gareth under as much pressure as Michael was - there for the taking.

Keep believing lads. We've shown what we can do tonight, oozed convidence after Scott done the business - could have been 4,5 or 6 no word of a lie, we do have class in this side too, Lille' Lee's pass - me hat was straight off, seconds later - going absolutely effin' mentle I was.

Promotion is also there for the taking btw. Notice when the boys came over to congratulate the travelling army, what went up: E-I, E-I E-I O...!!!, spoke volumes I thought, no one's taking focus off the league, confidence does bread convidence though.

Come on The RedMen, it's all down to us the fans and GJ's chosen few now, it really is, there for the taking.....

Are we finally waking up?

Oldham - we're after you.........

Absolutely no reason at all why we can't have these lads and then the 5th round becons.

Seriously, they're on as dodgy a form as Cov, young Gareth under as much pressure as Michael was - there for the taking.

Keep believing lads. We've shown what we can do tonight, oozed convidence after Scott done the business - could have been 4,5 or 6 no word of a lie, we do have class in this side too, Lille' Lee's pass - me hat was straight off, seconds later - going absolutely effin' mentle I was.

Promotion is also there for the taking btw. Notice when the boys came over to congratulate the travelling army, what went up: E-I, E-I E-I O...!!!, spoke volumes I thought, no one's taking focus off the league, confidence does bread convidence though.

Come on The RedMen, it's all down to us the fans and GJ's chosen few now, it really is, there for the taking.....

Good post sir.

Made me punch my desk.

Cracking post - you want to get yourself in the dressing room before the Oldham match!

I just have a funny feeling we could go a long way in this competition this year. we seem to have a great determination to not lose at the minute and as long as that determination remains we will be up the top end of the league for sure.

i wonder what the odds would be for not only us to reach the fa cup final, bizzare as it may seem it would be worth a couple quid, and for us to with ldv and promotion.

Up the city

I just have a funny feeling we could go a long way in this competition this year. we seem to have a great determination to not lose at the minute and as long as that determination remains we will be up the top end of the league for sure.

i wonder what the odds would be for not only us to reach the fa cup final, bizzare as it may seem it would be worth a couple quid, and for us to with ldv and promotion.

Up the city

http://www.willhill.com/iibs/EN/buildcoupo...hoice=FB1329318

You never know :noexpression:

If we get past Brighton, do you really think a two legged tie against Shrewsbury will be a big money spinner??

Any extra games will make us a bit of money. I'd like to think that we could get 10,000+ for the home leg against the Shrews. It would be a big game for them and they could bring 750-1000 fans.

In truth though, if it's money we're after then it would be best for us if the gas progressed...

Just a thought if it goes to a replay who would make the trip to boro on a tuesday night?

Probably would, you could always fly up to Newcastle as it's not too far from there...

After the win at Oldham our confidence should be sky high going into this game, problem is theirs will too after their 5-1 thumping of the usually solid Bolton W!

Is that dodgy form as in 5-1 demolition job on Bolton last Saturday?

YOu were a bit unlucky with the timing of your post WTFiGO, as until saturday I would have agreed with you. City have also been unlucky as a good win by 'Borough will mean they come to AG with more confidence than they might have . It's also a shame that we will have a weakened defence without McCombe ( not sure about Carey) as their forwards are where their strength seems to lie.

Having said all of that, we have nothing to lose and if we play the way we have done for the last two and half games then we definitely have nothing to fear and the players should look forward to testing themselves to top class players and a decent side.

Is that dodgy form as in 5-1 demolition job on Bolton last Saturday?

YOu were a bit unlucky with the timing of your post WTFiGO, as until saturday I would have agreed with you. City have also been unlucky as a good win by 'Borough will mean they come to AG with more confidence than they might have . It's also a shame that we will have a weakened defence without McCombe ( not sure about Carey) as their forwards are where their strength seems to lie.

Having said all of that, we have nothing to lose and if we play the way we have done for the last two and half games then we definitely have nothing to fear and the players should look forward to testing themselves to top class players and a decent side.

Now don't go doing things like bringing relevant technicaleties into this you old rascal, going to have to keep my eye on you otherwise.

It's a game of passion and of emotion imo, not intellect.

I've actually bought into this 'believe' campaign but what I will say is; it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing.

The Doubting Thomases no doubt label themselves 'realists' when they express this ''I can't believe this is our season until we're over the line, we've been let down too many times, blah blah blah'', I personally label them 'negative vibe merchants/miserable bastards' who need to get over themselves.

To try and pin down a point to this little ramble, I for one believe we as fans have a role to play in all this, the power of positive thought should really not be underestimated.

There endeth that lecture anyway. Sorry, man, been rather 'on one' just lately, most un-English of me I know.

Moving on, and if we will play the intellect game, were you at Coventry/Oldham/second half of Tranmere?? We didn't only beat Cov and Oldham, two teams both higher in the high arachy than us, away from home, we pissed all over them. Your points about Boro/our defence are of good note, but like many Prem Clubs their form is anything but consistent. Away from home, in unchartered waters against a Club on the up - I for one think we're going to have them.

Keep The Good Ship rocking, man.

I'm think I might just have to go for a nice cup of tea now :D

Now don't go doing things like bringing relevant technicaleties into this you old rascal, going to have to keep my eye on you otherwise.

It's a game of passion and of emotion imo, not intellect.

I've actually bought into this 'believe' campaign but what I will say is; it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing.

The Doubting Thomases no doubt label themselves 'realists' when they express this ''I can't believe this is our season until we're over the line, we've been let down too many times, blah blah blah'', I personally label them 'negative vibe merchants/miserable bastards' who need to get over themselves.

To try and pin down a point to this little ramble, I for one believe we as fans have a role to play in all this, the power of positive thought should really not be underestimated.

There endeth that lecture anyway. Sorry, man, been rather 'on one' just lately, most un-English of me I know.

Moving on, and if we will play the intellect game, were you at Coventry/Oldham/second half of Tranmere?? We didn't only beat Cov and Oldham, two teams both higher in the high arachy than us, away from home, we pissed all over them. Your points about Boro/our defence are of good note, but like many Prem Clubs their form is anything but consistent. Away from home, in unchartered waters against a Club on the up - I for one think we're going to have them.

Keep The Good Ship rocking, man.

I'm think I might just have to go for a nice cup of tea now :D

That's Ok you young whippersnapper.

I don't get to as many games as I would like but was at Coventry. Ok they were short on confidence, but are still a Championship side so that should not detract from the quality of our perfromance - overall I would say that was as good as I have seen from a City side for a very long time and they played with a freedom and fluency that would not look out of place at a much higher standard. Also, I was very pleased to say that it was a top line team perfromance as we were not reliant on any stand out individual poerfromance and I noticed many posters said the same of the result at Oldham. I am certain nthis is what GJ has been stiving to put in place at AG for some time.

We have seen the resiliance and battling quality in this team in recent come backs. What I think we have seen over the last 3 games is the team now playing the way that many of us thought that they were capable. We've had odd games were we have played well but I think it's fair to say that there has been a lot of scepticism that these performances were just a flash in the pan. To put on performances of this quality against a championship side and the team with the best current form in this division must surely give the players tremendous belief and if they go into each game with the same belief then there is only one team we need fear and that is oursleves. Let's hope we can keep it going againts Scunny ( I hope I can get to that one as well)

Re. the Doubting Thomases/realists. Their problem is they have to be the forecasters of doom and despondancy an post accordingly , otherwise, if it does go pearshaped at the end of the season, they can't then post " I told you so".

P.S. Whenever has bringing relevant technicalities into a debate ever got in the way of argument on this MB before?

Archived