IGNORED

Bookings

Snufflelufagus

Great win last night but one worrying factor now is the bookings 3 of the back four half. Mccombe is on 4 Carey and Mcalister are now on 9 so if they all got booked in the same game they would be suspended for the next one (and two for the two on 9). I wondering if they could do a selective booking and get booked so they miss the JPT game unless it wouldn't count for that if anyone knows.

this is all part and parcel of defending with comittment. our defenders throw their bodies on the line for 90 mins in some of the best defending i have ever seen at this club in my 25 years of watching city, its a occupational hazard that they will get booked. if they miss one or two games it is a shame but we have good cover and the plus side is far better in that our defensive style means we don't let many goals in as a rule.

yea it might behove McCombe to get booked this weekend. Miss the JPT and get a full weeks rest before the big cup tie and miss no league games.

I suppose Carey and McAllister could also miss no league games with a booking but i'd like to have them for the middlesboro game. though if promotion is really the goal then it might be smart to take that as well.

this is all part and parcel of defending with comittment. our defenders throw their bodies on the line for 90 mins in some of the best defending i have ever seen at this club in my 25 years of watching city, its a occupational hazard that they will get booked. if they miss one or two games it is a shame but we have good cover and the plus side is far better in that our defensive style means we don't let many goals in as a rule.

I think we have looked at lot more solid many times in the past 25 years than this season. Last night was the 1st clean sheet in ages and we have recently had a habit conceding the 1st goal (at least) to our opponents. I think they are very good defenders - they just have the occasional lapse in concentration during matches. Worst defence in the top 6 of league 1.

I think we have looked at lot more solid many times in the past 25 years than this season. Last night was the 1st clean sheet in ages and we have recently had a habit conceding the 1st goal (at least) to our opponents. I think they are very good defenders - they just have the occasional lapse in concentration during matches. Worst defence in the top 6 of league 1.

Don't forget that we went through a period when we had no strikers and we fell back on our defence grinding out results. The back four kept us in business in more games than I want to remember!

Archived