IGNORED

A BIG THANKYOU FOR STEVE LANSDOWN!

LoyalRed

FOR BRINGING GARY JOHNSON IN!

Its getting better and better!!!

Steve Lansdown made a mistake with appointing Tinnion but has turned it around bringing in Johnson.

Johnson is an awsome manager. He could have easily fallen into keeping the big talent players like Stewart & Bridges (who cant get a goal) & possibly bringing back Doherty but he has done it his own way bringing his own (unknown) players in for hardly any money. Johnson is a credit to all managers in that you don't need to buy top players to succeed. It takes a good balance and teamwork! I would like to see who he would pick for the England team right now (if he was asked who would be in it)...probably none of the current side!

we have been constantly improving ever since the end of the 9 game run. we are not perfect yet, but i am sure will be even closer as time goes on. he knows what he is doing. even the biggest whingers know it really, some of us might not like his style but then fergie gets peoples backs up occasionally and look what he's done. he makes mistakes but he makes far more excellent decisions than mistakes. some of the players he has signed for jack squat have been inspired. mcallister, mccombe, enoch, his son (IMO) and jevo i think will over time will prove to of been a good signing although some would disagree.

you know wev'e got a good manager when sag head acquantancies carp on about him and try and knock him. they must be getting a touch nervous at what they fear he may achieve with us.

Whilst we have made progress and GJ's permanent signings have been good, I'd caution you that we've won nothing yet.

A poor run of suspensions and injuries could see us out of both cups, with the reduction in finance that comes with it within ten days.On the other hand, we could still be in both cups, with a two legged final to come against the Gas and top of the League. :clapping::chant6ez:

NobodY will be happier than me if we're in both cups....even one and top.

As others have said, I'll start to celebrate when we are out of this poxy division and not before.

It's important that we enjoy the cup success and that the players draw confidence from it, but football has a habit of giving you a reality check if you get carried away.....ask Newcastle 3-2 winners at Tottenham on Sunday who lost 5-1 to a Championship club, at home, tonight in front of their LOWEST crowd of the season......26,500!!

Archived