IGNORED

RICOH.......

Somerset Red

We have been trying to expand Ashton gate for a long time, but the burocrats in BCC planning dept are a bunch of Sags who are not interested in helping Bristol Football one iota. (you did offer them that brown envolope didnt you Colin?) :shifty:

The 20m investment for a 30'000 seater new stadium has never been in question, trust me money is not a problem and there are investors willing to fund such a project.

It's just your usual **** heads moaning about livng next to a stadium, like 10000 more seats will make a difference, they knew they were moving next to a footy staduim when they bought their house, why moan now? :angry:

Dirty dirty Sags

We have been trying to expand Ashton gate for a long time, but the burocrats in BCC planning dept are a bunch of Sags who are not interested in helping Bristol Football one iota. (you did offer them that brown envolope didnt you Colin?) :shifty:

The 20m investment for a 30'000 seater new stadium has never been in question, trust me money is not a problem and there are investors willing to fund such a project.

It's just your usual **** heads moaning about livng next to a stadium, like 10000 more seats will make a difference, they knew they were moving next to a footy staduim when they bought their house, why moan now? :angry:

Dirty dirty Sags

they should either kock down and rebuild the Williams stand and the East end soon, or move just up

the Long ashton by-pass to that big plot of land next to the park n ride, behind the David Lloyd place.

New 30,000 stadium in time for 2010 season! :whistle2:

Great stadium I thought the beer sellers wandering around with backpacks was a top idea. Only thing wasn't impressed with was the parking one steward told us to park in tesco and say we were going shopping, somehow didn't think we would get away with that what with the obvious signs we were from bristol. Found a rugby field which cost 5 quid the had to find ticket booth at the ricoh to get voucher stamped. As I understand large car park across the bridge was a tenner which is abit steep if you ask me.

Apart from that what a great night

:city:

Great stadium I thought the beer sellers wandering around with backpacks was a top idea. Only thing wasn't impressed with was the parking one steward told us to park in tesco and say we were going shopping, somehow didn't think we would get away with that what with the obvious signs we were from bristol. Found a rugby field which cost 5 quid the had to find ticket booth at the ricoh to get voucher stamped. As I understand large car park across the bridge was a tenner which is abit steep if you ask me.

Apart from that what a great night

:city:

We got there about 5.45 and parked in the Pizza Hut car park right next to Tesco. Totally free. Apparantly you had to spend 25 quid in Tesco to be able to park there or you would be locked in. Any bit of waste land or empty space around the ground were charging a fiver to park.

Our anti sport council has been an issue for years

Actually, it is and the money isn't there to build a 5,000 seater replacement for the East never mind £20m and it would be closer to £40m for a new 25/30,000 seater stadium because that's exactly how much MK Dons new one will cost them when completed.When completed it will house the 11th largest capacity in England according to Sky Sports.

We got there about 5.45 and parked in the Pizza Hut car park right next to Tesco. Totally free. Apparantly you had to spend 25 quid in Tesco to be able to park there or you would be locked in. Any bit of waste land or empty space around the ground were charging a fiver to park.

We did tried tesco they told us £50 quid

Fantastic stadium..........does make the Gate look realy dated now! Could we ever have a stadium like that??????????

Surely our Directors must feel envious when we play at grounds like that??

If you are going to build a stadium then build it with room for expansion. I remember being in crowds of high 30ks and also the Bristol game was 36903 i think. So our population should support the 32k at the Ricoh.

You may be aware that Coventry have had a bad run of results. The average attendance was 22k last year so there has been a large dip because of the performance on the pitch.

The closest we have got to filling the stadium for a domestic comp was against Middlesborough last year 28k. England u 21's played here and the crowd was 30900. Top league 27k.

It was good to see such a large traveling support I think it is about 5th highest away support this season.

As I understand it Coventry City co-own the Ricoh Arena with about 10 other business partners, one of the better new stadiums I have visited and very easy to get to, BCFC should really be looking to move into the 21st century BUT why would SL/KD want to co-own a new BCFC stadium as they more or less own AG outright themsleves at the moment.

BCAGFC

Wasnt at the game but have seen the pics of the Ricoh and the coverage on the TV and it does look like a quality stadium, typical of this day and age and perfect for top flight football.

As for us getting an improved stadium i truely belive that if we can sustain ourselves in the Championshp for a few seasons then BCC would have no choice but to re-consider plans to expand or rebuild.

expansion is the way.

Relocation has been looked into buy all 3 clubs for years now and their is the suitable location, personally I wouldn't want to move from the gate, 2 sides of the ground can be developed without problem, East End and Williams stand all it takes is the need for the extra seats and the money, when the need beomes the money will likely be there to move forward with it, however for as long as we are stuck in this division the need won't be there.

However I'd don't think it would be until we were an establish premiership team ala Bolton, Charlton, until the Williams would need expansion, no doubt once we are in the Championship they will re-open plans to Rebuild the East End.

all about supply and demand, right now, there just isn't the demand.

personally..........although it looks old, nothing wrong with what we have at the moment

• Admin
As I understand it Coventry City co-own the Ricoh Arena with about 10 other business partners, one of the better new stadiums I have visited and very easy to get to, BCFC should really be looking to move into the 21st century BUT why would SL/KD want to co-own a new BCFC stadium as they more or less own AG outright themsleves at the moment.

BCAGFC

I didn't think Coventry had any ownership of the Ricoh ??

Only thing I would say for a new ground is was very cramped in the away end - not much leg room etc - but compare it to Swansea's ground that is how seating should be spaced out

Having been widely warned that there was "nowhere to park" at the Ricoh, I arrived to find four huge official car parks on offer, loads of "Match Day Parking" signs but went for the "stick it in Tesco and see what happens" option.

Told on the way in "the first two hours are free" but the barriers were up on exit - free parking 2 minutes from the ground AND the best away burger I've ever had in the car park from a parking van.

Also, couldn't believe how clear the roads were on the way out, fantastic experience apart from Coventry running out of tickets on the turnstiles!

Coventry ring road was a different matter mind..........

Archived