IGNORED

In my View

Barrs Court Red

I would have thought that a clear case is now there for the club to resurrect a membership scheme, which they scrapped 3 years ago.

Surely those (and I know this is a presumption) who attend often would be likely to pay to ensure guaranteed tickets on occasions like this, and who knows, even a £1 off normal prices?

I think this issue will be far more poignant if we go up and attendances swell.

asked why non-st holders were given priority yesterday I was told because the online system can't handle single seat booking etc... WELL get a one that can!

I could write a system that allows ST holders to reserve their own seats, takes in to account previous match vouchers, club members etc... really it's not that difficult!

So surely a membership scheme would seem prudent for the few tickets left, and make the club abit of extra wedge?

Have to agree with you, at least with a membership card those of us who still like to go where they want to in the ground have a better chance of getting a ticket after the season ticket holders. I go to most home and away games with 3 others, after yesterdays mess of giving tickets to so called fans to watch a one off game then you wont see them again, has pissed me off. I am going to stick to away games and sod giving my money to the club until they start having more RESPECT to the real supporters! :ranting:

I would have thought that a clear case is now there for the club to resurrect a membership scheme, which they scrapped 3 years ago.

Surely those (and I know this is a presumption) who attend often would be likely to pay to ensure guaranteed tickets on occasions like this, and who knows, even a £1 off normal prices?

Good shout although I would add a caveat that in orer for that memebership to be meaningful it should take a week to obtain and cost something like a £10 to stop yesterdays phone line blocking, one time a year going, nevr been before, herberts from joining and buying on the same day if this happen again.

It should then be:

ST Holders (Prem Club are already guaranteed)

Members-City 200-Regular Away Fans (Proof Needed)

General

Think people are overreacting about the difficulty of getting tickets. Of course it's going to be hard for this game - it's a 4th round FA Cup game against a Premiership team. However, it's the first sell-out for god knows how long - so the need to install some extra membership scheme (which would have people complaining about the club charging people for the privilege of buying tickets anyway) is overstated.

And regarding what happens should we go up - I can't remember us selling out at all the last time we were in the second tier (admittedly we were very very bad for the majority of the season, but still)

By the way, I'm not disagreeing with ST holders' complaints about finding it hard to book their seat - the club should have put a better system in place. I do think though that the club were very surprised by the demand. I myself thought we'd get about 16-17000 for the game but it looks like we'll sell out.

At Man City they have 3 types of memberships. Season Card for season ticket holders, City card, and access card. the season card you get when purchase a season ticket with them and for every extra game you go to like away get loyalty points which increases your priority. then the city card people pay for and you get loyalty points for games you attend. The access card is a free one that you can apply for, and this puts you on the clubs database and you get loyalty points for away and home games you attend, this is like there general sale to fans.

Man city then sell tickets based on loyalty and membership type, so the people with more points get first dibs on tickets so for the games like man utd, liverpool they can get there tickets before anybody else, and it also encourages more people to go to get there loyalty points up high enough so that they can then get to the bigger games. The people with season card, get more priority over city card holders and access card.

Surely at city they could introduce something similar where each fan are given varying points for which games they been to more points for the lesser games such as carlisle away and less for a trip to forest. the more points that fans get the better chance of getting tickets. So like for the 'boro game seaston ticket holder and people with 2000 points say could get tickets and slowly lower the amount of points required to get a ticket until you get to like none and then n full general sale.

At Man City they have 3 types of memberships. Season Card for season ticket holders, City card, and access card. the season card you get when purchase a season ticket with them and for every extra game you go to like away get loyalty points which increases your priority. then the city card people pay for and you get loyalty points for games you attend. The access card is a free one that you can apply for, and this puts you on the clubs database and you get loyalty points for away and home games you attend, this is like there general sale to fans.

Man city then sell tickets based on loyalty and membership type, so the people with more points get first dibs on tickets so for the games like man utd, liverpool they can get there tickets before anybody else, and it also encourages more people to go to get there loyalty points up high enough so that they can then get to the bigger games. The people with season card, get more priority over city card holders and access card.

Surely at city they could introduce something similar where each fan are given varying points for which games they been to more points for the lesser games such as carlisle away and less for a trip to forest. the more points that fans get the better chance of getting tickets. So like for the 'boro game seaston ticket holder and people with 2000 points say could get tickets and slowly lower the amount of points required to get a ticket until you get to like none and then n full general sale.

That seems like an excellent idea, and by that scheme I should imagine virtually every City fan who has been to 3+games this season would be able to buy tickets.

I wrote this in another thread unaware the club used to have a system in place but I think this is the way forward.

I think City should create a membership scheme where an individual will pay 10-20 pounds a season and they would receive 2nd priority after season ticket holders for big games where there is likely to be a big demand for tickets.

This will separate the fans that attend 0-3 games a season to the fans that attend 10-15 games a season.

And it would also generate some extra funds for the club.

With today's technology and the general availability of the internet, I think it is an absolute disgrace and shameful that this club cannot provide online booking for season ticket holders.

Time and again, this ticketing farce bites the club on the arse and it's about time they sorted it out.

I have been trying for TWO DAYS to buy my season ticket seat and I can't even get in the queue! So I've been charged for 20-odd phone calls and am not one step closer to getting my ticket - PATHETIC!

Once again the club is spitting in the face of the fans by not anticipating and handling the logistics of ticket sales. I'm fuming!

:ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

Being away in Reading for most of the year, I have always wanted a membership scheme and to be quite honest don't understand why there isn't one. Luckily I've managed to get tickets for the Boro game, but if I didn't it would have drove me mad because I go to every home game while I am home in Bristol, and about 5 away games each year.

Reading also operate a similar system to Manchester City's mentioned above, and it does seem to work well, and would love to see this system implemented at City, especially if we get promoted.

Moomin, bring this to theST's attention (See Thread above). If they run it, the money goes to keeping our club ours, and the members get the tickets, as it SHOULD be, the commited fans get the first shout fer tickets.......

Archived