IGNORED

Charges for buying tickets.

Maesknoll Red

• Admin

I wasn't happy to be told "There's a 5% charge" when paying for six tickets on a debit card, Ok the guys whose tickets I've picked up will offer the 90p per ticket when they pay me for them, but I feel aggrieved to be paying it in the first place.

Wouldn't it be better just to price it into the cost of the ticket and not let on that £1 of it is a booking fee - surely the money goes to the club anyway - or can anyone with some accountancy nous explain?

Does the stadium company keep the £1 and the rest of the ticket price go to the football club?

I have just read of one fan who was charged a £1 booking fee to pay by cash!!!

I cant see that that can be true, I paid cash for my tickets yesterday, and only paid the price of the ticket. No fee at all.

Its usually a handling fee when paying by cards, so there should be for cash as they just have the money there and then.

I wasn't happy to be told "There's a 5% charge" when paying for six tickets on a debit card, Ok the guys whose tickets I've picked up will offer the 90p per ticket when they pay me for them, but I feel aggrieved to be paying it in the first place.

Wouldn't it be better just to price it into the cost of the ticket and not let on that £1 of it is a booking fee - surely the money goes to the club anyway - or can anyone with some accountancy nous explain?

Does the stadium company keep the £1 and the rest of the ticket price go to the football club?

Surely if it was added into the price of the ticket then those paying cash would be penalised? Iwas also gobsmacked to read that someone had been charged a £1 to pay cash, can't be true, can it?

On a debit card?

Your ###### kidding me?

Basically, out your A/C and in to City,s....

That aint right MS

• Admin
The company they use for card payments will charge for the service. Same in shops these days if you notice theres always a bit at the bottom of the receipt that a percentage is paid for card payments. Shops pay a levvy fee which is added on the price.

What, 5% on a debit card transaction? That is more than a credit card charge to retailers.

It is not added onto the price in the shop, moreover if you pay by debit/credit card then 1.5% of the amount you pay is paid by xupermarket company to "supermarket credit/debit card handling company" - It was originally a way to avoid VAT which was subsequently challenged in court. I am uncertain of the final outcome.

In City's case, I suspect it is nothing to do with VAT. I could of course be wrong though.

• Admin
Surely if it was added into the price of the ticket then those paying cash would be penalised? Iwas also gobsmacked to read that someone had been charged a £1 to pay cash, can't be true, can it?

I just don't buy that a debit card transaction of over £100 is charged at 5% by the bankers.

What, 5% on a debit card transaction? That is more than a credit card charge to retailers.

Originally it was £1 per ticket (incluing childrens' tickets) and it waas only after lobbying by the FCF that it was reduced to 5%. The justification given at the FCF meeting was that the ticketing systems needed improving and that this would be the best way to pay for the improvements. In my opinion it is fairer to charge a card booking fee than increase all ticket prices as you originally suggested Chris.

• Admin
Originally it was £1 per ticket (incluing childrens' tickets) and it waas only after lobbying by the FCF that it was reduced to 5%. The justification given at the FCF meeting was that the ticketing systems needed improving and that this would be the best way to pay for the improvements. In my opinion it is fairer to charge a card booking fee than increase all ticket prices as you originally suggested Chris.

It wasn't a booking fee, I stood at the window, handed my card over and walked away with the tickets - a pure and simple transaction. I could understand a booking fee if there was extra work involved, ie posting tickets off or even reserving them and putting them into envelopes with names on.

But this was a straight forward sale.

its just business.

An effort to cover costs incurred by the club through aquiring charges and well, staff. Most companies build that cost into the main price, city are just being transparent about it. We charge 2% on card transactions, not 5%, but i don't have staff hired specifically to process transactions. The club operates at a loss as it is... if you want to blame something, blame inflated player salaries.

Sorry didnt mean 5 percente but yes as Luke stated there is usually a charge on debit payments. Funny cos a gashead posted on their site he bought two tickets online and was charged £3.30 which sounded rather steep. Must be decided by the club I guess.

Why do they need to charge a fee at all, when they're making money hand over fist from failed 0870 phone calls? Of course, this encourages the punter to dial again to see if they can get on the end of the queue.

Even once on, it's in their interest to keep you waiting as long as possible to coin in that luvverly 0870 money.

:ranting:

I bought 4 tickets and was charged and was charged 70p per ticket booking fee. But having read some of the difficulties people have had buying tickets I won't complain. I mean, I found the buying tickets experience a straightforward and simple process but then again I am not a season ticket holder.

Doesn't make sense. I am exiled in Devon, I work a lot of weekends so pick and choose the games I go to - I can get tickets no problem. ST holders who go week in week out get a second rate service and have to wait on a premium rate line so they can have the seat they have pre-paid for the whole season.

Things like that used to really #### me off when I had a ST - not much changes! Don't worry - when we get through to the next round you will have to go through it all again!!!

I'm a st holder living in Devon 95mls away and have just bought my tickets over the phone this morning after trying for three days. I was considering and would have driven to AG today to get my tickets so after finally getting them just glad to have them. To be charged 5% on price of tickets has saved be alot of time and the cost of fuel. I do feel though that you are penalised slightly by having to pay this charge as there is no other choice for st holders who live some distance from Bristol.

Funny how all these various names start comming out of the wood work when the big games come around. They even admit to "picking" their games. Whilst everybody has different commitments in life, i really feel for the city fans who go week in week out who are going to miss out on a game like this cos "new" fans from around the country suddenly appear. Will these same "fans" be going to places like chesterfield, tranmere, carlisle ect if we don't go up this season? I think not. :disapointed2se::pacifier:

Funny how all these various names start comming out of the wood work when the big games come around. They even admit to "picking" their games. Whilst everybody has different commitments in life, i really feel for the city fans who go week in week out who are going to miss out on a game like this cos "new" fans from around the country suddenly appear. Will these same "fans" be going to places like chesterfield, tranmere, carlisle ect if we don't go up this season? I think not. :disapointed2se::pacifier:

Your Choice

Funny how all these various names start comming out of the wood work when the big games come around. They even admit to "picking" their games.

It most certainly is and I'm sure id have the backing of all of citys loyal fanbase! I wonder where the 40,000 are that went to cardiff for the Play off final?!

Sorry PR when I wrote that I "pick and choose the games I go to" - a more accurate statement would have been "I can go to the games when work dictates".

I have been to 12 games this season (7 home - 5 away). As I have to work a lot of weekends this doesn't make it worth my while to get a season ticket. Does this preclude me from belonging to "City's loyal fanbase". I had been to the majority of games in the past 20 years and been a ST holder for most of those before moving away for family and career reasons. This doesn't make me any more or any less loyal or passionate than anyone else on this forum.

I'm sorry if you feel that my going to the Middlesboro game is coming out of the wood work - but I am looking forward to this game as much as was looked forward to going to Bournemouth away on a Tuesday evening. If ST holders have had trouble getting tickets then blame the club.

By the way PR - I couldn't go to Cardiff for the Play-Off Final - I had to work! Firmly stayed in the woodwork there hey!!

• Admin
Sorry PR when I wrote that I "pick and choose the games I go to" - a more accurate statement would have been "I can go to the games when work dictates".

I have been to 12 games this season (7 home - 5 away). As I have to work a lot of weekends this doesn't make it worth my while to get a season ticket. Does this preclude me from belonging to "City's loyal fanbase". I had been to the majority of games in the past 20 years and been a ST holder for most of those before moving away for family and career reasons. This doesn't make me any more or any less loyal or passionate than anyone else on this forum.

I'm sorry if you feel that my going to the Middlesboro game is coming out of the wood work - but I am looking forward to this game as much as was looked forward to going to Bournemouth away on a Tuesday evening. If ST holders have had trouble getting tickets then blame the club.

By the way PR - I couldn't go to Cardiff for the Play-Off Final - I had to work! Firmly stayed in the woodwork there hey!!

Quick heads up, empty your work schedule/request the day off on April 1st!

It most certainly is and I'm sure id have the backing of all of citys loyal fanbase! I wonder where the 40,000 are that went to cardiff for the Play off final?!

The 40,000 that went to Cardiff arent all city fans - don't be so naive. It's city fans and their 'plus-one's'. People take their friends and families to occasions like that. That fills seats.

Going back on the initial post, I also got stumped for ticket charges. Due to the fact that I decided to have my tickets posted I rang up just to confirm they will be being sent in the mail. After eventually getting through I was told that they couldn't search the system for my booking reference due to the amount of tickets sold.

Point 1 - the club can't handle a sell out crowd

I then expained that for various reasons I needed them sent in the mail and wanted an assurance that they would do so. I got a firm, no we are too busy for that, you'll have to collect them on Saturday instead

Point 2 - the club don't do as you ask (when they offer you the service) and had it not been for me ringing then I wouldn't have known that this was the case

I then said, well why was I offered the option? and If I did have to collect them, would I be entitled to the extra cost of posting them back. I was simply told that they were understaffed and No, I would not be entitled to my Pound postage back.

Point 3 - the club's staff know they are understaffed why doesn't CS sort it out, after all, these over inflated postge and ticket charges are probably what pay his six figured salary!

All in all an absolute joke which means I need to collect the tickets in person which will mean extra inconvenience and cost to myself (long story involving where my credit card currently is) and I am not entitled to a refund on an overpirced service that the club offered me. Not impressed!!

Archived