IGNORED

Right, no more moaning.

no_merde

I've got to be honest, I was a bit dubious when GJ was appointed as manager, and through the early part of this season - what with the Marcus Stewart debacle. But today has really cemented my feeling that he is a fantastic manager.

He has managed to improve a number of players in the team beyond all recognition, get rid of the unfocused, unprofessional riff-raff and create a real sense of professionalism and team spirit.

What we, as fans, now need to do is get behind him and the team as this is by far the most crucial period. We've got the Middlesbrough match to make as much noise as possible and show them our appreciation. I suggest whatever the result we need help the lads carry this winning attitude through to the next league match.

This is it now guys. One last push and we're there. :chant6ez: :chant6ez: :chant6ez: :chant6ez: :chant6ez: :chant6ez: :chant6ez: :chant6ez:

Sounded absolutely superb and very convincing.

If you read what Oldham fans have been saying, complimenting their team on how great they have been this season - it makes this win even better.

Next game in the league is away at Scunny. What a game that will be - good that it's on sky for those like me who won't be able to make it.

I'm really starting to believe that it will happen this season, it's starting to click and the performances are matching the results.

ALWAYS BELIEVE. No more moaning :chant6ez:

COYR.

I've got to be honest, I was a bit dubious when GJ was appointed as manager, and through the early part of this season - what with the Marcus Stewart debacle. But today has really cemented my feeling that he is a fantastic manager.

He has managed to improve a number of players in the team beyond all recognition, get rid of the unfocused, unprofessional riff-raff and create a real sense of professionalism and team spirit.

What we, as fans, now need to do is get behind him and the team as this is by far the most crucial period. We've got the Middlesbrough match to make as much noise as possible and show them our appreciation. I suggest whatever the result we need help the lads carry this winning attitude through to the next league match.

This is it now guys. One last push and we're there. :chant6ez: :chant6ez: :chant6ez: :chant6ez: :chant6ez: :chant6ez: :chant6ez: :chant6ez:

I totally agree with you mate.

Ive always thought he was a good manager, but at times maybe doubted his decisions and reasons for doing something. The last week has really shoved it down my throat to a certain extent.....so fair play to him

The belief within the team is now filtering through to the fans. Even though we have been in the top 6 for a while now, I genuinely think for the first time in a couple of years a real "feel good factor" is taking hold, just like the one in Wilsons last season when we came third.

The players and staff have worked their socks off to get us where we are now, next week against Middlebrough is a game where we have no real pressure, so get out their and enjoy yourselves I say. They won 5-1 today, if they have their shooting boots on next week I can see them beating us comfortably.....but cheer them all the way to the 90th minute. Great way to thank them for this season and especially the last week

The noticable thing for me is that for 3½ of the last 4 games we have started playing football. And you can now see massive confidence in the players that didn't seem to be there a few weeks ago, despite getting results. Johnson made an interesting quote last week when we were 2-0 down to Tranny which went along the lines of "trust your training". He seemed to be implying that the management team are trying to get the lads to play football on a Saturday but that they were freezing out on the pitch and not playing with any freedom. The shackles have been removed and since then we have smashed Tranmere 3-0 in 45 minutes, comfortably beat a Championship side at their place and walloped a team on their own patch who are bang in form and have not lost a league game at home since the opening day of the season.

Well done to the management team and the players. Today's result should really give them the belief that they need to go all the way. Surely we will never have a better chance?

Archived