IGNORED

Oldham Athletic 0-3 CITY

Jay

It was as close as you'll get to a perfect away performance, the only downside being that maybe it should've been 4 or 5. Andrews alone could've had a second half hatrick.

Skuse has been immense for 3 games on the trot now and he really seems to be developing into the footballer that we all know he as the potential to be. It was a tenacious performance by him. He broke the play up countless times, his distribution was excellent and he even had the confidence to enjoy a few pacy runs forward that had the Oldham defence on the back foot. I truely now believe that he is number one choice for central midfield and his partnership with Johnson is developing into a very consistant one that will win us games.

Wilson was also magnificent. He does the simple things well and I honestly can't remember him putting a foot wrong. He too showed pace when going forward and looks stern in the tackle, when required. He does offer balance to the side and as BB says looks like he's been playing at City for years, no wonder Championship clubs were after him.

Clocked up the miles this week watching City, but it's been fantastic. I can barely remember two better back-to-back away performances.

We should have the confidence now to really kick on and beat Scunny at their place. Their home record isn't all that and we've already won away from home on Sky this season - COME ON THE REDS!

Fair and accurate report, agree with everything except maybe a bit harsh on Brooker as I though he got through a lot of work, set up McAllister for his goal and was obviously targetted for some rough stuff.

Now I've seen Wilson on the left, I'm more than happy - gives us balance and solves the weak defending on that side (nothing to do with McAllister). I was also impressed with Wilson going forward and it didn't look like his first full game for us - looked as if he'd been a regular player for years, which is a good sign.

Skuse, for me, realised his potential this game. He dominated midfield against Wellens (whose head went down way before the end of the game) and put himself about to great effect. A really impressive performance.

And Enoch just keeps getting better and has now scored in the last 4 games. I'll forgive him the penalty - at least his confidence is growing in line with his peformances and he clearly wanted to take it.

To put it simply, I can't remember a better away performance and I can't fault anything (even the penalty miss) - and that doesn't happen very often !

i agree with every word, Enoch is turning out to be a class act, he just keeps getting better with every game :city:

Is BB feeling ok?

:laugh:

Feeling great Tom and the great thing about telling it like it is, is that when it's great......you can say so :city::D

The result, whilst vital & tremendous, wasn't the best thing for me.It was the performance level of every player that added up to a terrific team performance, because, as I've been saying for years, get that right and there'll be many more Oldhams & Coventrys, for sure!!

We've played well in patches this year-a half there, 20 minutes here & there and for the odd game like Chersterfield at home-Two games, back to back-not forgetting a terrific second half against Tranmere, proves the point.

Performance level = Consistency = Winning Things.

Probably the wrong thread to do this but I want to show what I thought;

Basso; 8 - Some great saves as well as commanding his area very very well took a couple of low crosses brilliantly and made one super save from a decent effort in the first half.

Orr; 7 - Another commited, strong solid performance from Bradley supported Murray very well and kept the Oldham left midfielder un-influential.

McCombe; 7 - Solid performance kept the strikers out nothing special but the clean sheet and lack of Oldham chances tells the story.

Carey; 7 - Very Very good performance one more by Louis leads the team brilliantly from start to finish a real battling performance, was solid with the rest of defence for the important stages.

McCallister 8 - In my opinion he is possibly our best player this season, Great ability on the ball very professional, never panicks, a great finish and supported Wilson and the strikers well.

Murray; 8 - I was tempted into a 9 but thought my MOTM deserved the 9. Murray back to very near his best taking on players creating chances, running the channels and adds bags of experience. A constant outlet from defence and keeper a real nucense (sp) in all honestly 8 and a half :)

Johnson; 7 - kept the ball moving, showed some good vision still a little lightweight but very good on the ball (we he had a lot of) always there to recieve a pass, decent performance.

Skuse; 9 - I went off Skuse at the end of last and start of this season. But the last few games he has been more like what he showed when he first emerged in the first team. Looked classy, battled really hard, won tackles held off other players had a couple of shots, gets on the end of stuff with brilliantly timed runs. Often winning the ball then bursting forward. First half vs Coventry and all the game vs Oldham is the best I have seen of Skuse and I hope his form continues, super performance in tricky conditions.

Wilson; 8 - Very impressed with this lad, strong in the tackle, looks pretty quick took on players made driving runs always there to receive the ball looks like a real footballer, he is NOT left footed but he is a very balanced and talanted footballer.

Brooker; 7 - Won a lot of ball, made spaces not only for himself but for Murray and Showunmi on numerous occasions, only the 45 mins is why only the 7.

Showunmi; 8 - But the closest 8 to a 9. Runs the channels, makes plenty of opportunities for himself and others. Very strong, great in the air, could honestly have had 3 or 4, just keeps growing and growing as a player - what a signing!

Subs;-

Andrews; 7 - Due to only playing 45 mins, good movement, got on the end of things (like the goal) made good support for Enoch, looks quick, maybe needs some match practice with a couple of poor touches, but if he plays like that every week then I`d play him rather than Jevons.

Noble; 5 - Didnt have any real time to do anything hense the 5 but even so he looked very unfit and gave the ball away far to often with the limited touches he had, wouldn`t be disapointed if he was to depart (no not just on this 10-15 mins)

Keogh; 6 - Excellent commitment and character, not the best footballer in the world but a great member of the squad, didnt have long but still managed a few hard challanges and breaks from midfield.

Keep this run of form up and we will definately go up. But to maintain this sort of form is very unlikely. But whos to say? We look a VERY good side at the moment I just hope we can carry this through.

Great away day.

I have just read your report after I finished this post and its funny how we both rated Skuse MOTM great to see he is getting recognised for good performances.

Skuse was linked to premiership clubs two seasons ago as a great young prospect. Lets hope we can get promoted before the offers come in. Likewise Showumni, 12 goals in 22 games will not have gone unnoticed. Big strong strikers with pace are hard to find, and then of course he can find the net

Skuse was linked to premiership clubs two seasons ago as a great young prospect. Lets hope we can get promoted before the offers come in. Likewise Showumni, 12 goals in 22 games will not have gone unnoticed. Big strong strikers with pace are hard to find, and then of course he can find the net

Luton must be pig sick.

Like the man said everyone has his price but let's hope we're promoted, he proves the his point in The Championship and then you really are talking dough or even if we whisper it the promised land, where it's £26.5m for relegation, plus parachute payments :clapping:

SL told me that we would be better able to hold on to our better younger players in The Championship.Wouldn't that be nice.

Archived