IGNORED

Second half yesterday

SuperDziek

Completely forgot about this til reading a few comments about the ref on the Oldham rivals site.

But, does anyone remember in the second half when their defender, who was being challenged by Andrews (I think) seemed to pass the ball back to Pogliacomi, who just picked it up and the ref took no action.

Seemed a straight forward infringement, but the ref just waved play on.

Anyone else remember this, or have seen it on the highlights? Would be interested to know if an indirect freekick should have been awarded, cause I was convinced of this at the time!

Completely forgot about this til reading a few comments about the ref on the Oldham rivals site.

But, does anyone remember in the second half when their defender, who was being challenged by Andrews (I think) seemed to pass the ball back to Pogliacomi, who just picked it up and the ref took no action.

Seemed a straight forward infringement, but the ref just waved play on.

Anyone else remember this, or have seen it on the highlights? Would be interested to know if an indirect freekick should have been awarded, cause I was convinced of this at the time!

I was convinced it was a backpass too, although it may have been the angle we were viewing it at. I looked straight across at Gary Johnson and he wasn't protesting at all, just standing with his hands in his pockets. If it was a backpass I would have thought he'd be ranting and raving at the ref. I'd like to see a replay of it though all the same.

Anyone know if this is the same incident that the radio commentator mentioned something about a backpass from the defender's knee and that it was ok because it was off his knee ?

I was confused when he said that because I thought you were only allowed to pass back with your head.

Archived