IGNORED

Wayne Andrews

B-Rizzle

...don't think this has been mentioned, but he seems a good little character. Bit of joker.

Says he had the chance to join us in the summer but chose coventry for the championship football,and said would be interested in joining us. Seems like a good signing by GJ. Very quick and powerful striker who is likely to add that little bit more to the dressing room aswell.

Anyone else see the interview on world?

only read what was written in WDP but one thing that worries me a little is that he turned us down in the summer and is willing to join now. strikes me as a person who may not be 'up for a challenge'/'in it for the long haul'

He said he wanted to play at the highest level possible and Cov were in the Championship at the time so he chose them over us.

Now they are willing to release him and he sees us as a Championship club next year.

Can't see much wrong with that really.........if he'd joined us in preference to Championship (and not that recently Premiership) Coventry .......some would be on here accusing him of lacking ambition !

CodeRed

He said he wanted to play at the highest level possible and Cov were in the Championship at the time so he chose them over us.

Now they are willing to release him and he sees us as a Championship club next year.

Can't see much wrong with that really.........if he'd joined us in preference to Championship (and not that recently Premiership) Coventry .......some would be on here accusing him of lacking ambition !

CodeRed

i understand where you are coming from but the fact that he didnt have enough faith in the ability of this club to get to the championship at the start of the season yet is happy to come on board when the job is half completed does worry me a little

i understand where you are coming from but the fact that he didnt have enough faith in the ability of this club to get to the championship at the start of the season yet is happy to come on board when the job is half completed does worry me a little

I don't think it was a question of doubting our ability. more that he was being offered champinship football over league 1 football. you can't criticse him for that, especially from our poor record of acrtually managing to get promoted. we were far from promotion certanties at the start of the season.

Maybe he's seen our track record, i'm pretty sure there was a few more closer to home who thought the same.

The fact that GJ has gone back in for him obvioulsy shows he has the right attitude and mentaility to be here. We all know about the infamous Easter deal and I suspect it is the same reason why we haven't gone for Leon Knight.

My only concern is what if he has to choose on a permanent deal between us and Sheffield Wednesday. Where would he go then?

does anyone know if andrews is cup-tied? did he play any part in the sheff wed-man city game?

as it was the 3rd round anc coventry were still in the competition at that point they would probably not have given him permission to play. now they are out, surely they would let him play on saturday if johnson wants him to

He came on as a sub against us at AG. No go for Saturday

only read what was written in WDP but one thing that worries me a little is that he turned us down in the summer and is willing to join now. strikes me as a person who may not be 'up for a challenge'/'in it for the long haul'

Not atall, he joined cov instead of us in the summer yes, but that's fair enough as they are a league above us. All players want to play at the highest level they can. But before he came to us, he had seen a bit of the way we play, and he seemed very impressed going by his interview on world.

Archived