IGNORED

Chief Scout speaks on World

boadle

Seems to know his stuff. Not afraid to name names as well. Says that City have a network of players all over the country and not one speculative name appears on 'websites' that the club haven't looked at / considered / met.

Great. In which case, may I suggest that the other day I heard Christiano Ronaldo and Thierry Henry might be coming to Ashton Gate. :whistle2:

Obver to you, Pete. Go get 'em...

Comes across as having done a very hard-working and impressive job. Mentioned the Irish goal-scorer who has had a few good reviews on here and says he, amongst others, has been checkedout throroughly. The obvious conclusion being that he was not what City were looking for. The Criterea is not just whether a player is talented but GJ must 'be able to take him home for tea!' - personality and fitting in the team is clearly a major factor. Apparently PJ has had two strikers playing in the Portugese league looked out but nothing came of it. He emphasised that they have all bases, or rather leagues, covered - he cited Liam Fontaine from the Premiership, Showumni from the Championship, McAllister from scotland, Noble from the lower leagues and he recounted how he was responsible for bringing Adriano Basso to GJ's attention from Barnet when a goalkeeper was needed. Given the quality that has come in I think scouting is an area in the club where there has been a massive improvement.

In my opinion we're fortunate to have all three Johnson's here and PJ was the forgotten man until this interview draw attention to the credit he deserves for his hand in bringing some bargain basement but quality signings.

Comes across as having done a very hard-working and impressive job. Mentioned the Irish goal-scorer who has had a few good reviews on here and says he, amongst others, has been checkedout throroughly. The obvious conclusion being that he was not what City were looking for. The Criterea is not just whether a player is talented but GJ must 'be able to take him home for tea!' - personality and fitting in the team is clearly a major factor. Apparently PJ has had two strikers playing in the Portugese league looked out but nothing came of it. He emphasised that they have all bases, or rather leagues, covered - he cited Liam Fontaine from the Premiership, Showumni from the Championship, McAllister from scotland, Noble from the lower leagues and he recounted how he was responsible for bringing Adriano Basso to GJ's attention from Barnet when a goalkeeper was needed. Given the quality that has come in I think scouting is an area in the club where there has been a massive improvement.

In my opinion we're fortunate to have all three Johnson's here and PJ was the forgotten man until this interview draw attention to the credit he deserves for his hand in bringing some bargain basement but quality signings.

Totally agree, he sounded like a top guy on his interview on world, seems to know his stuff. He's scouted out some quality signings, long may it continue. (I believe he was responsible for the signings of McCallister, McCoombe, Basso and Enoch) All top class signings, look forward to some more :)

"The goalkeeper was signed in October 2005 as back up to current number one Steve Phillips.

The former Woking keeper recently had a three-month trial spell with former Premiership champions Arsenal before being signed up until the end of 2005 by Gary Johnson.

Became number one midway through the 2005/06 season and has held that position ever since."

Archived