IGNORED

does anyone need a ticket ot the boro match?..i have two spare tickets

cidernuta

Not possible, you had to put in the number of tickets required. not just press the submit button twice

Trust me it is possible!...that is why i am now trying to sell the extra tickets!i am going to sell them the sameprice i got thm for so i am not exactly doing this for any profit!

supposedly.......but they never check

They do sometimes. Someone was turned away in front of me the other week for not having any ID.

Of course there is another point here. The student concession is aimed at those in full time education who don't have much money. Presumably those people happy to scam the club out of a few quid by pretending to be students in order to get cheaper admission would be entirely happy if we never bought any new players due to lack of funds?

They do sometimes. Someone was turned away in front of me the other week for not having any ID.

Of course there is another point here. The student concession is aimed at those in full time education who don't have much money. Presumably those people happy to scam the club out of a few quid by pretending to be students in order to get cheaper admission would be entirely happy if we never bought any new players due to lack of funds?

so if you could get in saturday for £20 or you could get your mate to produce student id buy your ticket and you get in for £10 would you really think damn that thats going to damage the clubs finances?

i know what i (would) do

first of all....i am a student and so is my friend, so i am not trying to scam the club DaveL ! secondly i don't have the tickets so i have to pick them up at the ticket office before the game.

So we'll meet up before the game. and we can exchange ticketsand money then. do you have an email address so i can contact you exact details for nearer the time?

Can't remember the last time we went to buy a player and Steve L saying to the other club chairman

"Oh s**t sorry we can't afford ... because I'm £10 short" :doh:

Of course not. But there is a wider point here, beyond the selfish instincts of those who think that fraud is acceptable.

Agreed that one scammed tenner is a drop in the ocean. But let's say 100 people did it every game. That's a thousand pounds per game. 25 home games and suddenly the club is £25,000 worse off than it would have been if they'd all paid the proper rate. That's five Jamie McCombes.

This is the same mentality that says it's OK to drop litter on the street but then complain when the council tax goes up to employ extra refuse collectors. Or to think it's OK to get into a ruck in town on a Saturday night but then moan at the fact your club or pub has put it's prices up to cover the cost of the extra bouncers it needs to employ.

There is a knock on effect with even the smallest anti social act and we all end up paying the price.

To be fair, I think most who bought student or OAP tickets did so out of desparation as the online site wrongly stated that adult tickets were sold out. From what I've read, all have said they're happy to pay the difference when they pick up the tickets - and the ticket office has stated today that they will allow that, which is the least the club can do given the whole ticketing fiasco.

I'm not aware of any students or OAPs complaining that "their" tickets were in short supply because of the above - yet.

Fair enough, and that wasn't the point I was trying to make.

Of course not. But there is a wider point here, beyond the selfish instincts of those who think that fraud is acceptable.

Agreed that one scammed tenner is a drop in the ocean. But let's say 100 people did it every game. That's a thousand pounds per game. 25 home games and suddenly the club is £25,000 worse off than it would have been if they'd all paid the proper rate. That's five Jamie McCombes.

This is the same mentality that says it's OK to drop litter on the street but then complain when the council tax goes up to employ extra refuse collectors. Or to think it's OK to get into a ruck in town on a Saturday night but then moan at the fact your club or pub has put it's prices up to cover the cost of the extra bouncers it needs to employ.

There is a knock on effect with even the smallest anti social act and we all end up paying the price.

Dave,

You're starting to sound like your dad now. And none the worse for it. ;)

Dave, in desperation, as Cynic says, i bought student tickets this morning because there was nothing else to buy and no indication of more being available.

Even though i AM a student ( mature :D ) and have a card i would never dream of using it to get tickets.

I think a lot of people would have been in the same cruise liner this morn? :englandsmile4wf:

Dave, in desperation, as Cynic says, i bought student tickets this morning because there was nothing else to buy and no indication of more being available.

Even though i AM a student ( mature :D ) and have a card i would never dream of using it to get tickets.

I think a lot of people would have been in the same cruise liner this morn? :englandsmile4wf:

Have you sold them yet?????? If not, give me a shout!

If you are a Student, mature or otherwise, i think you are quite within your rights to buy a student ticket.

Archived